IsmaielDeath

Little Userinterface suggestions

So I used to play DC daily a while ago. I was an avid player of other browsergames too. End of a long storry... all that exessive typing and clicking lead to me having problems with the nerves in my hands and fingers now. Coming back from extended stays in Hospital I enjoy this site very much again. But Now I notice all these little things forcing me to make extra efford to navigate the site when there is not exactly a need for them.

• The 'back to actions' after abandoning an egg makes no sense. It brings you to an errorpage and forces you to make another navigationclick once you realized you misclicked on that option instead of the navigation bar. Remove this link? Or replace it with either a link to o8ur dragons OR back into the cave/abandoned page?
  • The password/actions confirmation. Now I know why its there. But can I please get the option to just click an action and get the usual site of the action with a confirm button? One click solves all. And the site allready tells you in large letters what you just clicked on - and the button does so to. Please give players the option to decide themself if they want the extra security net of entering a password/actionname or if they rather have a few handmovements less.
  • Then there is the whole breeding thing that needs an overhaul. Preferably with a search per breed and/or Name/Code. Its lovely that reoccuring breedingpairs are on top allready! It saves me so much trouble most of the time. But sometimes I get a new dragon and want to breed it with a certain dragon leaving me to guess where in the long list I'll find this dragons and having me scroll around so much.

Do you play on a regular computer? If so - when I try out a new breeding pair I found control-F extremely helpful (just as a workaround until you might get your suggestion)

A suggestion for if you're doing a lot of the same BSA (or BSAs in general if you have it set to password) is copy paste. Ctrl-v ing has to be easier on your hands than typing INCUBATE over and over.

I agree that it would be nice if the site would let you decide if you want the extra security typing something gives or if you're fine with just a popup. (let's not go back to the time when just clicking the link did the action, I don't think anyone wants that)

And that particular silliness with the actions link on abandoned eggs/hatchlings has been known about for quite a while... I'm not sure why TJ hasn't done something about it.

As to the breeding page, there's a suggestion for that. So go give your support there. =3

The password/actions confirmation. Now I know why its there. But can I please get the option to just click an action and get the usual site of the action with a confirm button? One click solves all. And the site allready tells you in large letters what you just clicked on - and the button does so to. Please give players the option to decide themself if they want the extra security net of entering a password/actionname or if they rather have a few handmovements less.

Or at least bring the auto-fill back. >_>

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Considering my arthritis, tendonitis and a ruptured sheath on my right wrist tendon.. anything that allows me to type LESS would be very much appreciated. I don't do anything fast anymore because I can't.. so it's not like I'm rushing thru anything.. and my antique computer is slow enough already without unnecessary typing and/or clicking.

I support this. A lot of people have joint and tendon problems, and removing unnecessary clicking would to a lot to make DC more accessible to them.

Or at least bring the auto-fill back. >_>

You can kind of get that by switching off javascript for the duration... (well, you can in MY browser, though I think others you can't.)