angelicdragonpuppy

Make breeding cooldown timers more accurate

Now that people have pointed it out the x days x hours format is probably better. Fits with the time tracking we already know best (that for our eggs / hatchies) and doesn't require time zone figuring. And yes it should be for all actions that have a CD, I knew there were others but was too lazy to remember them all to write down :')

Support! '1 day left' and '1 hour left' is a huge difference, I'd love to see 'x days x hours left' showing up instead of just 'x days'.

Please please please

I have a silver lunar herald line coming off CD in "1 day"

Will that be before or after Silvers switch to another color at 8 PM??

WHO KNOWS?? Not me, not without scouring hundreds of action log entries e___e

Please just make it they can breed again at X time on X date...

I support this for all cooldowns, from breeding to BSAs to kills to when you'll finally be able to freeze again.

Yes, this would make things so much easier!

Support for adding a better timer for all cooldowns! Scrolling through action log entries is tedious.

I won't object to getting breeding cooldowns accurate if we do so for other actions as well, but IMO, this would be more convenient for any action that isn't breeding. If it's solely for breeding, we already have the date of breeding which narrows down your action log to a few pages at most, and ctrl+f which makes it easy to find said dragon. Not on this page? Flip to the next. Easy and more accurate than an hour count.

anyway I guess it'd be useful if I want to check, say, when this one specific celestial can corporealize again or this specific vamp can vamp again. BSAs are mass action dragons, though. They're not really different from one dragon to another, so there's not too much need for knowing when this specific dragon gets off its action cooldown. Maybe if there was a page of BSA lists showing how long it'll take for your next action to come off cooldown.

Incubate: on cooldown for 3 days 6 hours

Influence (f): on cooldown for 5 hours

Influence (m): Available

etc etc

Again, I wouldn't object to all dragons and their actions (breeding/bsa) getting a specific, more readable cooldown, but I don't think it's really necessary between the action log + last bred date + ctrl+f, and that no one really checks when this specific red is going to come off cooldown for incubate unless it's like their only red or something.

3 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

I won't object to getting breeding cooldowns accurate if we do so for other actions as well, but IMO, this would be more convenient for any action that isn't breeding. If it's solely for breeding, we already have the date of breeding which narrows down your action log to a few pages at most, and ctrl+f which makes it easy to find said dragon. Not on this page? Flip to the next. Easy and more accurate than an hour count.

anyway I guess it'd be useful if I want to check, say, when this one specific celestial can corporealize again or this specific vamp can vamp again. BSAs are mass action dragons, though. They're not really different from one dragon to another, so there's not too much need for knowing when this specific dragon gets off its action cooldown. Maybe if there was a page of BSA lists showing how long it'll take for your next action to come off cooldown.

Incubate: on cooldown for 3 days 6 hours

Influence (f): on cooldown for 5 hours

Influence (m): Available

etc etc

Again, I wouldn't object to all dragons and their actions (breeding/bsa) getting a specific, more readable cooldown, but I don't think it's really necessary between the action log + last bred date + ctrl+f, and that no one really checks when this specific red is going to come off cooldown for incubate unless it's like their only red or something.

I play mostly on mobile, which doesn't have a ctrl + f function. Aside from that, it's just UNWIELDY; it would be so much simpler to see a dragon I want to breed and know instantly when it will be available again, as opposed to seeing a dragon is on CD, calculating what date that means it was bred on (or back tracking to the view page to do so), going to actions, clicking action log, rummage until I find the right page, scroll down to the right dragon...

Is it impossible? No. Is it even really hard? Nah. But it's inefficient and slow, and giving us a quicker way to tell right form the relevant page (the dragon's action one) would be much quicker and more sensible. And, again, an even bigger help for mobile.

Also - with breeding, you need to know about specific pairs - you can't just switch out. If you need any BSA, you can just hit "show all available for BSA". There is rarely a time when none shows up.

I support this for breeding and not for the other BSAs, though I don't care if it happens for everything. Breeding is where it is really needed.

I saw you mention this elsewhere. This would be useful, I think.

(And Fuzz I have no incubates right now >.< Guess I need more than 24 Reds).

Would be nice, especially since I hate having to backtrack in my Actions Log to find the exact moment I can breed a pair or use another Incubate again.