angelicdragonpuppy

Make breeding cooldown timers more accurate

Okay I KNOW this has been suggested before but I can't find it searching "Cooldown" or "Timer" and "Breeding" returns too many results sooo here we go again!

Can the breeding timer please be made more specific than "please wait x days"? Right now this can mean either "it can breed in 23 hours and 59 minutes" or "it can breed again in 1 minute", which is a pretty big swing... and pretty annoying to try guessing at.

I'd suggest either:

This dragon cannot breed because it has bred recently. It can breed again in x days and x hours (uses the same time display as hatching and growing eggs do)

Or

This dragon cannot breed because it has bred recently. It can breed again at (time, date). (ex: it can breed again at 5:15 PM on December 3rd. Would use cave time, obviously.)

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

100% support

Just knowing that it could breed any time in the next hour would work for me. But that 24hr spread is a real pain in the butt.

Total support. I keep a spreadsheet for important pairs, but it would be much more convenient to simply have this information on each dragon's page.

Here's the original Breed and Action Timers (make them more specific) topic, if the OP would like to add it to the first post: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=65653

For interests sake, there's also this Change the Way Cooldowns Work topic: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=142024

~

I've supported this for years, and I still support. The action log does help, but there's no reason it couldn't be nice and simple on the action page, is there? o.o

Agreed on supporting this for all action timers as well. ^^

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I support this for all cooldowns, from breeding to BSAs to kills to when you'll finally be able to freeze again.

Yes. This.

Support on all cool downs.

100% support

Just knowing that it could breed any time in the next hour would work for me. But that 24hr spread is a real pain in the butt.

This - that is as much precision as I NEED - though the exact second would be good too smile.gif

ETA the first option:

This dragon cannot breed because it has bred recently. It can breed again in x days and x hours (uses the same time display as hatching and growing eggs do)

- works better for me, and would minimise posts from those not on cave time from asking "it says 5pm, why can't I breed yet ?" It would also mean I wouldn't have to sit here counting 5 hours (or sometimes 4 laugh.gif) backwards. Not all of us have the clock on screen - that's only with the default layout, which some of us cannot handle.

Edited by fuzzbucket

Support!

I would personally prefer a countdown to the date as there is an 18hr time difference for me, so dates are confusing (5pm on the 3rd DC time is 11am on the 4th for me; I would muck it up a LOT), but if dates is what we got I would cope

I also support this suggestion ~ smile.gif

"This dragon cannot breed because it has bred recently. It can breed again in x days and x hours (uses the same time display as hatching and growing eggs do)"

Because of time zones and 24 hour system this one would be more convenient ☺

Also support! Using the same timer as hatchlings and eggs would be great and nicely consistent.

I support this for all cooldowns, from breeding to BSAs to kills to when you'll finally be able to freeze again.

100% this. But especially for breeding. (I have enough of most BSA dragons to never run out of BSAs.)

Hmm... I like this idea, it would definitely help with trading and breeding

100% Support, but are you aware you can check the action log to see exactly when your dragons bred last week?

100% Support, but are you aware you can check the action log to see exactly when your dragons bred last week?

Yes, I'm well aware of that. However, it's not always that easy to find the action in question, especially if you're one of the very active players.

There are also the timezone differences to calculate ...

Yes, I'm well aware of that. However, it's not always that easy to find the action in question, especially if you're one of the very active players.

That's true. Sometimes I have to go back pages to find a breeding that happened a week or so ago.

Support~

I am in complete support of making the breeding timer match the format of the egg countdown timer.

I think that showing the exact time in cave time might just add to the confusion, so I am not really in favor of that, although I am in the cave time zone so it would work for me. I just think it would not be as helpful to folks in other time zones.

ETA: I am also in favor of using the same format for all of the BSA countdowns.

Edited by purplehaze

Support, especially for the "It can breed again in x days and x hours" variant.

I have ways of dealing with it, but a solution directly on the site would be better and would work for everybody without the need of spreadsheets and browser history searches.

(For pairs I want to breed as often as usual, I write down the date and time when they will be breedable again. For random/spontaneous breedings, when I unexpectedly get the "can't breed" message and I really want to know if "1 day" means 1 minute or 23 hours, I check my browser history - but that only works because I always use the same computer.)

I'd love a much more accurate timer on things... even on the eggs/hatchlings actually... Why can't there be minutes in the last 24h period?

I'd also be able to deal with having the 2nd option easly, cave time is in the game after all,

and also I can check the game's time on my phone - I've set an additional clock for Washington time, so if I wake up at 11am I can easly check if it's still the Zombie showing time or not anymore(daylight saving thing is applied sooner in my country than in US so for quite a few days it was after 6am when it was after 11am my time, normally it's after 5am and it's the only time I can try the nightime zombie turns).

Okay, some users will be confused but I'd actually say, add the clock to all the other game themes instead of kind of not making the fullest of it just because it's visible only on the default... Then the exact time timers would work.

And actually, I think it would be best if BOTH were easy to spot, also on the growing things ("caught" and "hatched" dates with the exact time added; last bred: exact time, BSAs and such too.)

I am in complete support of making the breeding timer match the format of the egg countdown timer.

I think that showing the exact time in cave time might just add to the confusion, so I am not really in favor of that, although I am in the cave time zone so it would work for me. I just think it would not be as helpful to folks in other time zones.

ETA: I am also in favor of using the same format for all of the BSA countdowns.

Showing the exact cave time is not a problem because we can see the actual cave time in the cave itself. The cave clock is a very handy feature indeed.

Showing the exact cave time is not a problem because we can see the actual cave time in the cave itself. The cave clock is a very handy feature indeed.

Only if you are using the default skin, I believe. At least I know that not all skins have it.

It is - if you can use the default skin.

It makes me nauseous, and also my computer doesn't like it.