Acornia

kitsune college

What’s harder that being in college, try being in college and being a mythical creature trying to keep yourself hidden. So have fun at those parties and days of going to the mall. But don't become lax and show your ears and tail(s).

This is west coral college, how to all manners of degrees. This is the place that kids come to full fill their hopes and dreams. What many don know though is there are super natural creatures living in the dorms and school with them. But good new, we are seniors and are close to graduating. But this is the time of the year where the stress leaves go up, the stress from the students practically ooze out of their skin. This is where it gets hard. Anyone of non-human genes risks that chance of being found for what they really are.

Character: rain fleetfoot

Species: fire kitsune

Looks: he has long red hair and pale skin. His eyes shine a vibrant green to contrast his hair. He stands about 5'4" in both his human and kitsune form. When his ears are out they are huge and tipped in an inky black, same with his tail.

Personality: generally quiet, he likes to stick to himself. He doesn't like to talk much but will if needed. He can hold his own in a conversation but the second that another person joins him falls to the background to listen. He can be caring but he has a hard time getting attached to people do to some past trauma.

History: at a young age rain was orphaned, being taken in by a nice family rain lived a fairly normal life. But in the 9 grade rain was really close to a friend of his. He confessed his romantic feelings to him, yes he is male, and was shot down. Later that week rain was taken out of school and transferred for sever bullying.

Major: master in law

Name: Phill

Species: lthunder kitsune

Appearance: Phill has tan skin with his only mark on it in the shape of a skar down from his left collar to his right nipple. Phill has light brown hair that seemed to be the same color as milk chocolate. His hair covered his left eye, both eyes were a dark gold in color though they seemed to beighten in the sunlight. Due to his eye color not being normal he wore brown contacts to help hide it. He has two long tails with green tips and a lightning bolt going from the tip down to the center of his tail. His ears also are tipped in green with little spirals at the center of them.

Personality: Phill is usually shy not liking groups of people and tends to stay away from more than two people at a time. He is very caring and protective of any friend that he makes though that seems unlikely to him since he rarely lets anyone close. He has always been somewhat awekward and is usually avoided due to the fact that he has trouble talking, trips over his words, and asks many many questions.

History: Phill has always been bad with people, he was kicked out of his home after his mother died and left to fend for himself. He eventually found a new family who were nice to him even though he had so many underline problems that seemed they couldn't be fixed. Phill was tough to make open up but one of his friends did and phill let it slip that he may be gay or bi, the next day he was attacked and had to fight to survive, that is how he got the scar and the horrible memory of how he had to kill his best friend. That same week they moved and transferred him but he has never been the same.

Powers: control electricity, illusions, flight

Major: cullonary as well as some classes in the medical field.

It was early in the morning, about 8 or 9. Rain was walking down one or the corridors of the college going to his first class of the day. Phycology and man was it boring. In rain opinion humans where so predictable, why have a science for it. But it was an easy credit. And he needed to get it out of the way.

The corridor was empty, with nothing but the sterol scent of the cleaners they use to clean the floors with rain walked briskly passing a window about every 5 feet or so. The hall in the early morning gave off an eerie feeling to it.

Stopping by one of the window rain picked up this scent that he had been smelling all week. It was of honey and melon. It was driving him up the walls it smelt so good. Wondering what it was rain started down the hall to his class again. It wasn’t human rain concluded as he has never smelt a human that didn’t smell bland. But there was no use in following the smell as the last couple of times he did he lost it. It was like the school just ate it up. On minute the intoxicating scent was there and the next it was gone.

Well this time he wasn’t going to go chasing disappearing scents. He had been just about all over the school and he figured that whatever it was would catch his scent and follow it to him. That was if it really wanted to meet him. But there wasn’t that many of us left, and not just kitsune but other supernatural creatures where like a dying breed. Walking in to the class he decided that next he would go and sit in the student lounge and wait for it there, he would wait in the hopes that it would come and find him.

Phill yawned as he walked down the hallway in the early morning. He was walking past the windows of the second floor on his way to his first medical class of the day. He got a sweet scent that he couldn't quite get a scent of what kind of sweetness it was. He could track it but it was difficult to get a hold of the scent with the scent of the cleaning agents getting in the way. He followed it slowly until he found the scent, it was coming from a slightly taller boy with long mahogony hair. He snuck up behind the guy and let the scent drift up into his nose.

Rain was getting ready to walk into the psychology room when that same scent hit him from earlier. This time it was a lot stronger, it was over powering everything else in the entrance.

Standing ridged rain looked at the familiar faces of his fellow class mates and put his hand on the door frame. The room was bland, with 4 white walls and about 30 desks and chairs lined up in neat rows. At the hear of the class room ms. Bellfory was getting the board ready for class. She must not have noticed him yet.

Cocking his head to the side with curiosity shining brightly in his eyes he spyed a young man, just a hair shorter than him standing by the wall. His golden eyes glues onto rains in a silent battle of wills.

Turning way from the door rain stalked his way to the brunette. His left eye was covered by his hair but he could still make it out as they followed him. Rain took in his posture , he had a look of curiosity on his face and possible nervous as well. Rains eyes lit up a brilliant green as the boys scent intensified from the proximity.

Stopping Just short of the boy rain shook his head, what was he thinking. He didnt know him so why was he being this foward. He usually stayed clear of new people, well of people in general. Rain waited a couple of seconds in silence as he took in his scent waiting tobsee if he said anything.

Phill was taken back from the other man turning around and facing him. Phill gave a small gasp when the taller boy walked up mere inches away from him. His golden eyes scanned the taller male and locked onto his green eyes. Phill ran his fingers through his hair as he spoke quietly "hello , my name is phill, yours?"

Rain hear a small gasp excape the boys mouth. He looked nervous but i guess that is to be expected from a taller male approaching you.

"hello , my name is phill, yours?" He squeaked out hastily.

Giving a low in audible rumble deep in his chest he let out a sigh. Taking a quick breath he muttered out " rain".

Looking him up and down rain noticed a backpack on his shoulder and some books in his arms. ~hm... he has the scent of food.~ rain sniffed again, there was a good chance that he was a student of the culinary arts.

Leaning back on the wall rain reached his free hand out to the boy in a gesture of a handshake.

Phill was nervous and had no clue how to act around someone who already seemed to know what he was and approached him so easilly. Phill took a few steps back as rain moved his hand towards him, only to bump into a locker. Phill slowly and cautiously shook the taller males hand "N-nice to meet y-you." Phill quickly pulled his hand back and covered his face with his hood.He was supposed to be learning medicine at the moment so it wasn't that important but at the moment he felt trapped and felt as if he may need medicine some time soon.

"N-nice to meet y-you." Came the shacky reply from the kid as he took his hand. His hand was warm amd just a little wet from sweat but surprisingly for the few seconds that they had there hands locked he had a pretty strong grip.

"Nice to meet you to, I'm rain." He said bending over at the waist to look at the kid as he pulled a hood over his face. ~hm, well hes really shy, more so than me~

Taking a step away from him,seeing as how he had driven him into the lockers, rain looked back at his class. The entrance was now blocked by a heavy wooden door signalling class had started.

"Well, I am officially late to class, so i think im just going to skip and meander my way the the library. Want to come"? He asked in a low voice with a sweet smile on his face.

Edited by Acornia

Phill was at a loss as he felt how strong the other boys hands were despite how smooth they seemed. He watched the boy from under his hood as he backed away and looked at the door to the classroom now that it was in session. He slowly nodded as he walkedbeside the other boy and looked down. "I-i will come with you i guess, i-im late as well..." Phill took slow small steps while his ears twitched under his hood. Phill put his backpack on his back as his brown eyes seemed to shine slightly.

Liking the answer the short male gave him rain turned on his feet heading back down the long hall which he had come. "Soooooo..... ive told you my name but ive yet to get yours." Seeing the occasional twitch from under hia hood rain guessed that his ears must have been out. Keeping his head straight while talking rain glances out the window occasionally as they passed by.

It was going to rain soon. Rain could smell the damp electrical scent of a thunderstorm drawing in the air. He hated the rain, turning to look back at the other he noticed a look of interest. "So whats your major." Rain askes as he sharply turns the corner to take a right.

It would be easy to get lost in here if you didnt know your way around. All the halls had the same white prestine walls. Occasionally a room would show up that belonged to one teacher and wasnt shared. This rooms where brightly colored and had decorations surrounding the immediate hall.

Rain keeped walking, watching him out of the edge of his vision to make sure he was still following.

Phill sped up his walking to keep up with the other boy who talked as they walked. Phill shook his head "i am sorry my name is phill i am not good with people..." Phill felt awekward not knowing what to say. As they passed the windows he could see it would storm soon and his eyes lit up with interest and excitement, he loved the rain and lightning gave him his strength without having to find an outlet. The rain always reminded him that he was not alone in his pain and that he would always have it to cry with. He was brought put of his little trance by the boy asking his major and dissappearing to the right. Phill took the right as well as he spoke "i am majoring in the cullinary arts though i do take classes in the medical fields as well."

"hm..... so food and medical, kinda far apart on the spectrum. How good of a cook are you." Rain asked inquiringly as he stopped in front of a large light brown wooden door. Pulling the heavy door open, he held it in place while waiting for phill to go through. Watched as phill walked in to the brightly lit up room.

Unlike the rest of the school the lounge was painted in shades of cream and plum purple. On the wall with the entrance was a pin up board filled with random information, some way past do. Along the wall to the right was two drink vending machines and one snack machine. Squished between the back wall and the soda machine sat a little shelf with a microwave on it. Adjacent to it stood a tall black fridge for students us.

Rain walked in and set his bag on one of the tables that sat in the middle of the room. Pulling a chair out he plopped down with a sigh and gestures to the other to site as well.

Looking around the room rains eyes landed back on phill, as he was the only other person in the room besides rain.

"You know its dangerous to go walking around with your ears out." Rain pointed out, noticing the twitching still happening under the hood.

Rained leaned back in his chair with his hands behind his head. He sat a second just looking around the room because he wasnt sure what to talk about

Phill smiled as the other boy asked him how good of a cook he was. Since it was his major and he devoted most of his time to develope it he was actually top of his class and cooked almost better than the teachers. "U-uhm i-i'm alright i guess, it tastes good to most people." Phill walked into the brightly lit room smiling as he wasn't used to someone being so mice to him and even holding the door.

Phill set his bag on the floor as he pulled out a book he had borrowed that was on mythical creatures as he wanted to learn more about them. He let his eyes lock onto the other boys as he spoke in a whisper but his tone of voice was almost frustrated. "You a-are the reason they are out, t-this is why i don't talk to people. It happens e-every time i am nervous a-and a stranger inches from my face before throwing their h-hand in my direction made me nervous. Not to mention that i am s-stuck in here feeling weak and powerless when i-it will be raining soon and i c-could be out t-there feeling calm and powerfull.."

Rain looked at phill in shock at his sudden outbreak. Up till now he had been relatively quiet. From whispered sentences to silence over all. Placing his hands gentle on the table rain leaned back slightly giving him some space.

"You know, I'm not the one who found you, you found me. Also you followed me here, when you didnt have to". Rain ground out with an edge to his voice, agitation running through him. Seeing phill recoil a little rain softened his voice."If you want to go outside I'll go with you. But ........sorry. "

Rain stood and maneuvered to the back wall by the fridge. If first you wouldnt notice but theres a door tucked by the fridge. The door looked like the rest but had a label beside it on the wall stating that it was the student recreation courtyard. Putting his hand on the cold handle rain pushed swinging the door open.

As the door opened the smell of rain wafted in drowning the other smells of the room. Looking out at the small tables and benches rain sighed. Looking back at phill he smiled seeing his expression.

"Come on, we dont have all day."he mumbled with apprehension.

Phill was immediatly sorry because it was all his fault but he felt cornered and caged by the school. His ears lowered and he gave a soft sigh. "I am sorry i just feel..caged.." phill eased up his tenseness and his eyes lit up slightly as he followed him. He walked up to the door when Rain opened it, he loved the scent as he walked into the courtyard, looking up into the sky while he has a huge smile on his face and his eyes shining, the tenseness going away.

Seeing the tension leave his smiling face rain smiled and whistled. "Man talk about whip lash. But at least your feeling less caged. So why do you like storms so much". Looking on from the door frame rain used it as a shelter. One he could look out of and not get wet, while watching phill walk out and about in the rain.

Thunder started to rumble in the darkening skys over head causing a feeling of dread in rain. He backed up a food or so laughing when the rain started to pour down with phill outside. "I hope you don't plan on coming back in, the janitor will love you." Rain chuckled and spat out between breathes. Phill was starting to look like a wet cat and something about it was funny.

Taking a last look around at the wet tables and benches rain pulled a chair over by the door. He was close enough that he could see phill without getting wet.

Proping it open with another chair rain watch are he felt a small power grow ever larger ever so steadily. " So what exactly is your power anyway".

Phill chuckled and giggled even thoughhe was crying he could mask it with the rain. When he was asked whatcaused him to like thunderstorms he tensed up slightly. "I have always loved thunderstorms...t-they let me be myself... they dont mind if i c-cry o-or stutter." He cried more as it was covered by the rain.

He saw Rain sitting in a chair and watching him in the rain. He shook his head at the thought of going back inside. "I have a pair of clothes i can change in to, i'll be fine." He took a deep breath smelling the electricity in the air. Once he was asked about his power he lifted his arm in the air, his eyes closing as a lightning bolt hit his arm, luckily noone else was paying attention to him. He walked towards the door with electricity sparking around him to show his power before it seemed to just vanish into him. "That is one of mine, what about you?" Phill walked inside and took off his hoody showing that at least his shirt was dry, he dried off as best he could with his hoody. As he pulled a bag of extra clothes from his bag "i am always prepared for a storm."

Rain watched intently as phill raises his arm almost parallel to the sky. He looked as though he was waiting for something to happen.

Crash! Lightening lit up the sky and the sound deafened rains hearing momentarily. He watched in horrid surprise as lightening struck phills arm and crackled around him in a electrical current.

His eyes followed the other young kitsune as he walked toward him. He could understand now why phill loved the rain. With the rage of thunder and soft pattering of the rain it was like nature's way of opening it's arms to phill.

Phill walked inside slowly taking his damp jacket off. "That is one of mine, what about you?" He asked as he pulled some extra clothes from his bag.

Rain gave him a look of intense interest, deciding it wasn't a bad idea to share one of his powers. He stood up and placed one hand on the table, looking around to make sure they were still alone. Rain let go of something deep inside of him, a power curled out of him wrapping itself around him.

Large red ears appeared on top of rains head and two matching tails pooked out of the top of his jeans, swaying dehind him. Holding out a hand he let his power build at the tips of his fingures, tingling and hot fire built on the table just past his fingures. Taking a form the fire turned into a dancing woman.

Rain pulled his hand back gently to let the fire keep dancing. Watching it he got lost in its beauty, Stairing into it recalling memory's of his past.

Phill held the bag in his hand as he wasn't ready to go change just yet. He smirked as he always loved the feel of the lightning coursing through him it was a gentle reminder that even if he was alone nature was always there for him. Ithe rain the thunder it was like an old friend talking to him and calming him down. Phill let his ears and tail out though his tail was hidden in a pantleg and only the green tips of his ears showed since he had his hair almost spiked at the moment. Phill stared with intense interest as the fire appeared and began to dance right before his eyes, hecould see that Rain was lost in memory so he began to let some of the electricity jump between his fingers. He created a small electrical man that seemed to jump from one hand to the other.

The crackling of electricity drought rain back and brought his attention back to phill. The energy that crackled what a little electrical man that jumped back and forth between phills hands. Turning his attention back to his dancer he had her stop and walk to the edge of the table nearest phill and extend a hand in invitation. Where she walked she left little scorch marks in the table, the only sign of destruction her leath form gave. Rain looked back at phill and elbowed him softly in the side. "I think she wishes for a dance." He whispered next to phill. Taking a step back he gave her a little more power, just enough to make her a little bigger and to give her a flowing dress. "Oblige her". He smiled at phill waiting on his answer.

Phill smiled as he wated the flame woman walk to his hand and extend her own. He giggled as he felt his side get elbowed and listened to Rain. He set the electrical man on the table and made him a little more detailed with a tux and slightly taller than her. He watched as the two of them began to dance across the table. Phill took a step back watching them while he relaxed.

rain watched the couple contently as they dances around the table. They swung beautifully from each other's arms to a tune that only they could hear. Their powerful little bodys turning and twirling, leaving black smoky tendrils across the table. Relaxed and with a odd filling of fulfillment rain chanced a lingering glance at phill. He looked happy and just as relaxed as rain felt.

Lost in thought rain missed the door opening a little. It was cracked as if someone was on the other side getting ready to come in. Drifting through the crack, soft muttering of voices could heard. Rains ears twitched as his head whipped around, looking at the door.

Taking a deep breath he concentrated, willing his ears and tails away. Snapping his eyes back to the table he clicked his tongue at the dancing figures. Watching the women stop instantly she turned toward rain. She tilted her head to the side as if questioningly, then her body convulsed as she gave a silent scream and burst into flames. The rising smoke was the only indication that she was gone, but the scorch marks still indicated that she had been there.

Rain hadn't thought of how to get read of the beautiful reminders of the couple's parade. Taking a last glance at the door he instinctively reached out to phill and locked his hand around his upper bicep, heaving him to the back entrance for excape.

Phill was happy and content as he watched the two dance around the table. He cought the glance rain gave towards him and gave a small smirk. He heard the voices as well as they seemed to be coming closer. Phill willed his ears and tails to disappear. He snapped and the man jumped into his hand and was absorbed back into his body. He covered the scortch marks with a book before he was pulled. He giggled as he was pulled into the rain once again. "What is with you? Didn't you just talk to me about being out in the rain?"

Rain listened to thecrazy laughterbthat was coming out of phills mouth as he pulled his out the back,out in to the rain."What is with you? Didn't you just talk to me about being out in the rain?" Phill laughter out between chuckles. " Yea I know but I would rather be soaked than pressed with destruction of property charges." Rain said smiling at the hole situation.

Suprised voices came from the door as the walked around the outside. Rounding the corner the voices where gone, in there place was the soft pitter patter of rain. Looking around rain spotted the walk way that started, leading back to the parking lot. Slowly trugging his way there looking like a wet dog.