ShadowMonster

Nalom OOC

Username:acornia

Name: Eskia

Appearance: eskia stands at a high of about 4 feet when shes on all fours. She had two legs amd 4 arms, each arm has 4 fingers. She has a long tail that trails behind her and her body is decorated with 'wrinkles'

That swirl and form patterns. She has long white hair and lorge black soulful eyes that seem to draw people in. Her skin a light creme color. ( Looks like a young version of a mystic on the dark crystal.)

Personality: eskia is a getle soul connected to almost all living souls. She prefers the silence to learn and is not a good teaching.

Native or outsider: native

Powers/species: she is a mystic. She has the ability to use runes and the true name of things to help her in battle if the need arrives. She did inherit the ability to see glimpses of the future but she has no control over it. Like all things her power will grow as she does.

History: eskia lives on the outskirts of new mesa with her mother ekia. At a young age she has been touch the magic of her mother and her people. Because her mother is one of the last of her kind she hid away, staying out of site but when the grey plague broke out she came and settled down in new mesa.

Other: eskia has never had to practice a rune or word morw than 3 time before she had it down pat. She has had the understanding that 3rd times the charm and that was good enough for her

Edited by Acornia

Cool character, accepted. I'll add her to the main post tomorrow

Edited by ShadowMonster

Skinner has been contacted to find whatever has been reading people.

Ok, is it a seperate thing he's hunting or is it dauõa.

If it's a totally different monster thats fine, I was just wondering

Edited by Acornia

It's dauoa. I thought it was kinda clear since he followed the trail back to their inn

Ok question. Are all characters going to ekia's place or just the main.

The reason im asking is because I intend for her to give a prophecy to everyone, something small to set them in a given direction later. And a overall prophecy. Also because she can see the future she will know who's coming before hand to have eskia meet them.

SOOOOOOOOOOO just to be clear (Cause I'm getting some mixed messages)

Skinner CAN kill Dauoa right? I mean, the city has every right to be pissed at him. He has been eating people after all wink.gif

((Sorry for the slight power response or reaction but i figured that that was the best way to make sure he doesnt leave yet just incase dauoa is not wanted to be killed off and to keep them together for now. Since phill acted while skinner was talking i figured he could get there in time to break the circle as skinner grabbed his cloak.

I would prefer not to have dauõa killed.

He is pretty sure he's going to die though, but he's worried that if he is killed before the mask then someone else will have the same fate he did.

Do you want to kill him off, because I'm ok with something along the lines of enslavement. But eventually he would die from starvation though

Edited by Acornia

No volt. Just...no.

I sent Skinner away for my own sanity. Phill, Rain, and Dauoa inconsistent moral alignment is irritating me and I really don't want to argue character's motives anymore. Skinner is a crooked man and will not be talked out of something just because "It's the right thing to do". David is gullible and greedy. You can't just persuade them to your character's alignment.

You can't just send electricity through something and "break a circle drawn in chalk" beside's, I thought Phill was suppose to be weakened? Is it because it's convenient now?

I'm ignoring your powerplay and have dauoa and Skinner do some character building (like planned!)

It just bugs me when abrasive characters can be abrasive then wonder why no one likes them.

Edited by padfoot

Not off topic but off topic. And i dont mean anything rude just curious. Who's character is being abrasive.

Rain and phill, more rain, was being annoying over all with his weak persuasion to david.

Davud was being annoyed by rain

And skinner was about the same as david but has no actual tie to the group, which gives him the freedom to leave.

I didnt think anyone was being abrasive.

And with rains point of view, given he doesnt like dauõa he doesn't hate him. He just draws parallels between himself and dauoas nature. They both have killed because they had to. I suppose I propabaly should have made that more clear in writting for him. Sorry , I'll work on putting more ties in there.

Also I did realize when you brought it up in your post that rain and dauõa hasnt tried to form and bonds outside of phill and bec (where is she by the way?), And ill work on that to, may have them sit down later and chat or have a little side adventure to bring them together as a group and strengthen bonds.

Sorry that was long, and im always open for charater building ideas for this kinda thing.

Edited by Acornia

Something about Dauoa's character has been annoying me for a while now.

I think it's less your writing and more my own pet peeves.

I mean, you wrote a character that kills and eats people, then makes excuses why he eats people. It annoys me in tv or books where a bad (as in alignment) character is still marketed as a likable character, despite his glaring flaws.

James Bond is suppose to be likable but he still sexually assaults women.

Kilgrave is suppose to be charming and cool but he is still a rapist and manipulator (this one is actually done well)

or Loki even though his job title is literally Evil Adopted Brother Prank God.

Dauoa is a serial killer, no matter how you spin it. It was fine on the road in the middle of nowhere but in a point of civilization stuff like that is not cool. Hints Skinner's involvement as a detective and bounty hunter.

No amount of "But he only kills bad people" or "he is just misunderstood" will make me like Dauoa. actions speak louder than words after all.

As for Bec she's around. (I know. I was going to bring her back in a while ago but Dauoa chased her off)

Sorry for chasing her off.

As for dauõa I never thought about it like that.

And I won't lie I've added to his back store and not really updated it but I probably should.

Dauõa's nature is evil because to survive he has to eat people, living intelligent beings to survive. But he wasnt always like that.

In the origianl he just wandered from town to town.

In the expanded backstory, before he started traveling he was just a white stag. Given he still had a human form. How he became a wendigo is like this.

A wendigo had come into his forest, killing the inhabitants there. At the time dauõa had alot.png more (holy power). When he killed it, the spirit that had possessed the previous wendigo left the dieing host and latched onto dauõa.

In a bought to fend it off he was able to seal most of it into a mask, the dear skull, which it a representation of his other form. With that it corrupted him amd he lost the white stag animal form, it being replaced with the wendigo. A side affect is that he no longer get substance from regular food thus he had to eat people which is in a wendigo nature. He couldnt kill the spirit because it tied the mask to dauoas life. So if he broke it he would die. But not the other way around. If he died then the spirit is released and will latch onto another being turning them into a wendigo.

Once things leaved out for him, and he meet bec he gained some 'humanity 'back. So he does have to kill to survive but he doesn't like it. In his mind to justify it, he kills those that aren't good or evil.

Okay i am just blowing off steam in this post for phill he is trying to fight his instincts, he tries not to kill but emotions usually get the better of him. He has always been one who had killed to survive or to thrive and he hates it. He is just going to be the type that does not want anyone to know and will not be easy to pinoint. Im sorry if it seems bad but i have always pictured him as the type who is usually very calm but when he breaks down he reverts to his old ways for at least a moment and will try to find a way to get rid of his anger, it is much easier to set him off this time because he was already unstable from his new tail coming in and how it effects his mind bringing him closer to an instinctual state of mind.

Username: UnnamedClockwork

Name: Eke Maliah

Appearance: A taller girl with a thin body and strong stance. Longer face with grey-ish eyes that glitter vibrant blue occasionally. Almost tan skin with hair shaved on the sides and longer at the top, natural hair is a softer blue with deep black to the sides and roots and it’s cut sloppily because they did it themselves. Wears capri jeans with bandages around their hands and black running shoes and an old navy jacket that fits loosely over a black shirt. Flat-chested with a resting angry face and thick eyebrows. They have very well concealed dark, feathery wings on their back that poke through their jacket. They carry two daggers, black and sheathed at their side that have intricate blue designs on them. They also have a watch that, surprisingly, still works.

Personality: They are very straightforward and really don’t appreciate or understand sarcasm well. They are very rough and don’t-give-a-crap type of person but if you hurt their friends (if they ever have any), honey, you got a big storm comin’. If they fail the first time, they need encouragement to keep going. No “third time’s the charm” for them. They don’t like to talk unless they have something to say and if you constantly talk about something they don’t care for or is of no importance or relevance to the situation, they’ll simply ignore you. They’re very logical and don’t often show their emotional side. They don’t trust very well or like socializing very much at all. They are very mature and don’t like to use childish things or be silly. They are creative but only when needed in a situation and don’t care for memories or heirlooms. They like to go solo on things but that can often be their downfall, they do need help and need to have someone there for them when they need it. They never overestimate themselves, though.

Native or outsider: Native

Power/species: They are able to harness wind well and trained with elder mages to learn to harness water slightly as well. They are nowhere near the status that a god would be but they are still powerful nonetheless. They have wings, as previously mentioned, but do not often use them and cannot fly very well. Their daggers are attached by rope and can be used to harness water better than they can on their own.

History: They were born to a small family on the outskirts of Nalom and they were the middle child of their family. They were kicked out of their house when they were only fourteen because of their beliefs and who they are so they soon learned about the world and were forced at a young age to give up childish things and accept the real world. That makes them very real and not much of an optimist or pessimist, they do not, however, understand how people form strong bonds with those around them very well because of how easily their parents simply gave them up. They lived going job to job, however pretty or not, to stay alive and spent most nights on the street. Those jobs helped mostly to get them to meet with elder mages whom were surprised with their skill and quick learning ability but encouraged them to slow down as magic can take a while. They learned how to deal with problems and soon became more of a fighter but also they became cautious to trust anyone and careful about how to plan things. They relied on themselves and no one else because no one was ever there anyway. And that’s their story.

Other: They don’t care about sexuality or gender and simply go by that they are themselves. They really don’t care about romantics or sexuality because they don’t need it and they think of gender in the same way (which is why you may refer to them as she/her or they/them). On the topic of training with mages, they managed to get enough money to train with the mages once and they soon saw their potential. They trained them for free and helped them harness their natural gift of air manipulation and trained them in water manipulation as well, gifting them with their daggers.

Hey has anyone heard or seen seacat or shadow on. Are they even still around.

Edited by Acornia

Feb 1st was the last time shadow posted a response in anything.

Not sure honestly

Well I sent a message to both and havent gotten a reply. And i also messaged the new person again and I havent heard from them either, so I suppose its not a big deal right now but i kinda feel bad if new people want to join amd are turned off, and dont come back because our people dont get around to accept them.

@Shadow or Seacat: If one of you see this can we set this rp as Auto accept? I would also like to make some more characters but it doesn't seem worth it.

I dont want to over step my bounds, but if by like tuesday we dont get a reply then we can accept any new players and character that want to join. Its not the first time someone hasnt joined or came back because there was no response.

Stupid questions.

First is does anyone know what season is currently happening. If not im ok with spring.

And what direction are they going.

Good with saying north.

Not a stupid questions.

I would say spring is a good bet. No one would notice a depressing, grey plague killing everything in the winter.

Well they were traveling south to track the plague so wouldn't they continue south?

Edited by padfoot