Nanashi

Deep Blue Depths [OOC]

And the mermen. Really, no matter the gender, skirts, dresses, and kilts are easiest for them to wear without damaging. And they can wear them with their tails usually! Bonus!

Edited by seacatsmew

There's also kimonos and robes! Torn sails can be used as a chest rap for both of them. If you need clues look at my characters! I explained how they got their clothes in there. smile.gif

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

I'll be home in a short bit! I think we should begin then? I mean, we're past where I said we should begin at, so-

Any objections?

Alright, there we go! ...And before anyone asks... Yes, I. I felt the need to start Alison off with that horror. The merfolk isn't any character or anything, they're just some random poor soul who was caught. But at least there's no saltwater in the cafe now?

EDIT: if Bhrys gets eaten before we even make it to the second page i will cry

Edited by seacatsmew

I think I'm going to have to leave.

Got hit with a lot of stuff this week and i don't think I can put enough into this.

Ah... I'm sad to see you go, but I understand. If you ever want to rejoin, we'll gladly welcome you back! Good luck!

Noooooo! Please come back when you can! That whole "I'm going to eat the human" scene and interacting with Ejderha was perfect! sad.gif sad to see you go....

Btw, Ejderha lung literally means Dragon Dragon. Lung is Chinese and Ejderha is Turkish for dragon

I'll be honest I'd completely lost track of everything that was going on.

Just remember Gazza fondly as that weird guy who yelled at you than walked off.

Perhaps years to come you will find his corpse lying against the wall as he failed to figure out how to go back over it.

Oh, with Engel. Alas, her heart is taken by the sea and will be with her sea Prince once more. I had hoped to hook up Atasi with him, tiny adorable thing she is.

That reminds me, I need to put the recap up-- But. ...Hopefully, Engel will be able to knock some sense and morals into Tyne---

Valid points yes, but his type are a more ancient race and once was powerful in magic. What she does not know that genetics gave him a second set of lungs and gills in his nose (he doesn't know this bit either, but he just knows he can breathe under water as easily as he could air.) He's also, I might add, twice her size, Atasi can lay length wise on his brow and still have another foot from her tail and hands if she had her hands above his head. He is massive. Yes, he has weaknesses, but his pride isn't one of them. He's actually only a little older than her. Hint: in other cultures other than China, his more violent ancestor was once called the Liviathin. The massive sea Dragon that with a simple move in the sea would stir up the waters in whirlpools and tsunamis until the Angel Michael slew it. Sea Dragon isn't the same as sea serpent.

Aroara, may I ask for some size clarification, like a length or weight? I don't know what kind of ship is meant by his description, and Arkhesis sounds quite large already. I'm also having trouble understanding how he could have a set of gills in his nose. Gills require water to flow in one direction, unlike lungs. Sorry for the nitpicking, I'm just having trouble visualizing the physics of everything (not that the physics need to make perfect sense, given the magic and all).

Gills are also used to pull oxygen from the water. He's large enough to eat two blue whales and hold one blue whale's head and tail in his front and back claws respectively. In all, he's about the length of three. 90 meters or 295.3 feet.

I'm sorry, perhaps I didn't explain what I was saying about the gills well enough. What I meant was, for gills to work properly there needs to be and inflow opening and an outflow opening. In fish, this would be the mouth and the gill slits. Gills inside a nose would be much more inefficient, because the water would have to enter and exit from the same point.

A leviathan is actually the same as a sea serpent! It was a sea serpent monster of immense size. That, and sea dragons and sea serpents are closely related in this one; In fact, sea serpents are sea dragons that evolved to fit the water better than their ancestors. Having nose gills wouldn't make any sense unless they're something like... Actual gills instead of nostils, because otherwise, there's no way for the water to exit as easily and it'd be harder to breathe. I actually forgot something on my own forms- Tyne has gills on his neck.

So, if it's as you say, breathing might be a bit more effort for him, rather than the effortlessness it would take Tyne, for example.

Capricorns have this issue, actually. And I think I'm going to edit the Capricorns a bit and make myself a giant one, since no one seems even slightly interested in them.

I read a book where people had gills in their nose, they had to take deeper breaths but otherwise it was fine. I also have a book on dragons and it has a Dragon Leviathan in it. In Christian standing, it was a serpent like Dragon. Depending on the various translations, Hebrew word for serpent, snake jackal and Dragon are similar.

The gills aren't facing inward, but outwards. He flexes his nose when he breaths opening them, breathing deeper then he would with air, since water only has one oxygen molecule. When he breaths out the gills close from the bubbles that he expels, however, when he is moving fast, he loosens his jaw breathing out through his mouth where the bubbles leak out through the corners.

He is based strongly on the Chinese Dragon, whom lived in rivers to only emerged when their pearl, which is actually an egg, hatches when a new dynasty comes.

The Hebrew word תנין (tannin) has been translated in several ways, but this paper will attempt to show that the term likely refers to both land and sea serpents or dragons. Determining the meaning of tannin requires a close look at the actual Hebrew word and a study of the various contexts in which it appears.

Source

Valid points yes, but his type are a more ancient race and once was powerful in magic. What she does not know that genetics gave him a second set of lungs and gills in his nose (he doesn't know this bit either, but he just knows he can breathe under water as easily as he could air.) He's also, I might add, twice her size, Atasi can lay length wise on his brow and still have another foot from her tail and hands if she had her hands above his head. He is massive. Yes, he has weaknesses, but his pride isn't one of them. He's actually only a little older than her. Hint: in other cultures other than China, his more violent ancestor was once called the Liviathin. The massive sea Dragon that with a simple move in the sea would stir up the waters in whirlpools and tsunamis until the Angel Michael slew it. Sea Dragon isn't the same as sea serpent.

I never specified exactly how large Arkhesis was, nor the age or ability of her species.

Personally I think sea serpent = dragons which are unable to fly or move easily out of the water (due to lack of wings), but are excellent swimmers. Sea dragon would then be a dragon which can breathe and swim better than an average one, but is still capable of flying and getting around on land fairly easily. In the end, it depends on the creator of the lore, but just throwing my opinion out there.

Also, I think I need to point out the fact that we don't even know if our characters are going to fight yet (unless you're planning to do that next post, but there are still many possibilities left). The reason I put that note there was to let you know that she might be underestimating him, not that I definitely wanted a fight. Seriously this is getting really technical we don't need to do this. I'm not dismissing your points or anything and I think a logical conversation is perfectly fine, but I'm worried the tone of this might change into Who Can Bring Up The Most OP Surprises And Details.

Edited by Silverphoenixx

Also! Please note, both of you, that I am researching the lore as I go- For example, selkies, I've been trying to learn more so that we stick to what their basic lore is. Another thing is that... Honestly, I considered serpents and dragons to be the same, originally, because I had no mention of sea dragons.

Silver has amazing points here! And your definition says 'land or sea serpents or dragons', referring to both as the same.

Please just. Let this be. I'll add a section on what I think sea dragons should be like, and it'll be basically the same as what Silver is saying. I don't want to start a fight about this. It's simply that... When I accepted him, I was thinking that serpent = dragon, and if it's like Silver said, it's fine. But I really don't want too extreme of differences between serpents and dragons. They're both sea monsters, after all, and- There are so many different types of sea serpents! Bhrys has hands and feet and they're still a sea serpent.

So, due to this, I thought it'd be the same. Just... A differently built serpent.

I don't mean to start any fights. Your explanation is fine with me, it's just that I don't think dragons should be more ancient than serpents. And the whole 'magic' thing- All had magic, once, actually, in this! I'll be writing a bit about that, and it'll be available to anyone who wants to know, or people with sea serpents that have actually studied human history.

Evan will know it in case anyone wants their character to know but doesn't have an older sea creature to ask.

The basics are... Humans abused their power, so they got them taken away. As a result, however, all lost some power to prevent a major imbalance.

Even sirens had more power before!

out of curiosity, how fragile is a selkie's skin? how much impact can it take?

completely theoretically, it would survive being slammed into concrete.

... right?

Oh, definitely. Think of your own skin, if it wasn't filled with all of the sharp, fleshy, and useful bits that it normally is. Skin's pretty tough, and the additional layer of fur would give it extra protection.

Well, in the old days, seal hide was used as leather so.... pretty strong.

Xvi, could your selkie have known Engel's mom? She looks exactly like her (in human form) not only that but the necklace has a welish/Celtic symbol of the selkie (and her birthmark on the ankle is in the shape of a black seal.)

alright it would've been bad if villads made friends by destroying their precious items

@Aroara:

call me lu, please! xvi is a bit strange haha ; o ;

ah sorry, i don't have a selkie; did you mean zoro (backup), or my mermaid?

I am getting characters mixed up already. That's right you have the human and the jellyfish mermaid. Ignore that, I was half asleep!

I have a dilemma. On one hand, it makes more sense character-wise for Arkhesis to swim away and come back another time, on the other hand I don't want to end character interaction quite yet.

I'm not sure what Engel is planning on doing once she's free but maybe she'll provide something for me to work with? If she ran away towards the water then Arkhesis could chase her but that's a rather stupid thing to do when you're trying to escape a sea serpent.