kreepers_killer

Is it snowing yet?

Yep, its been snowing for awhile. have about an ankle deep out there ohmy.gif

can i just say that i am extremely jealous of u

where do u even live tho can i live there

Its supposed to start snowing here in a few hours, and then snow for like 6 hours straight. I hope not lol I have to drive to school today which is 30 min on a good day

Snow.. lol its the middle of summer here and besides its South Africa I've only ever seen snow once here. laugh.gif

It snowed for like 6 hours straight today, the roads were so bad! And then I have work early in the morning tomorrow, not looking forward to driving in it

It rarely snows here, period. But if it does, it is usually in January or February. We are lucky if we get a single snowfall in a year.

Our geography is kind of odd, we are in a river valley and it causes winter storms to split and go around us. Meaning places well to the south of us get more snow than we do.

Edited by Nectaris

I hope it snows more. This place is still in a serious drought, and I'm thinking a heavy snowfall/melt is the only thing that will fill the rivers and lakes again.

Actually, today was my first snow of the year!

It was a heavy snow at first and covered the grass..

...but..

by the end of day, all of it melted ;m;

The weather over here is never the same in just an hour's time ;o;

Snowed here a few times since the start of November, but it always melted within a few days. All we got right now is cold, wet, rainy garbage with a hint of frost. My bet is that it's going to snow like heck in early spring.

Snowed here this past weekend and it has been very cold.

Our most recent snow storm finished this AM, light powdery stuff that is easy to shovel but not for making snow balls. We got about 10". The Arctic wind is coming in soon dropping our balmy 11 degrees F to minus 20 degrees F below zero tonight. Our wind chill is now minus 14 degrees F but it will fall to minus 40 degrees F below zero tonight. BURRRR!

I've gotten my shoveling done and now having a cup of hot cocoa.

We got about 3 inches of snow early this morning. smile.gif

We had freezing drizzle yesterday. And because my state's transportation department is incompetent and didn't pre-treat any of the roads, I got stuck on the interstate for seven hours in solid standstill traffic because of a double semi-rollover and then the compound of all of us sitting there while it was freezing the pavement up made it so once they cleared the accident, the semis that were waiting couldn't get up any hilly areas of the interstate. Some people were stuck for over ten hours...

Today it is actually for real snowing, first snow of the season. Snow is a lot better than the ice that's for sure.