Fuzzbucket

ANSWERED:Reject trade offer message

For the first time in my dragonning life, I had two offers on a trade. As I am a polite person, I do use the reject option. They were both lovely but one was much lovelier, so I hit reject on the one I didn't choose, so the other person would know - and the message read something like "This trade has been cancelled."

For a ghastly moment I thought the whole teleport had been cancelled and I'd lost the other offer. (LUCKILY I had seen who it was from and could have PMd, but still...) Mercifully not - but could it please be reworded to read "You have rejected this offer" ? A tiny thing, but that really was a heartstopper.

Yes please!

That's gotten me too, in the past.

Cheers!

C4.

Agreed! I do like to reject offers that I don't want to accept so it doesn't keep the offerer hanging, but the first time I got that message it was a real shock. In fact it still gives me a start every time I see it. Please change it to something that better reflects what is actually happening!

Support! I've also been startled about that message before and worried I canceled the whole trade.

Though I think if you accepted the offer you wanted the other would be automatically rejected since the trade is not there anymore?

Though I have had trade offers still show until I clicked them.

Support! I've also been startled about that message before and worried I canceled the whole trade.

Though I think if you accepted the offer you wanted the other would be automatically rejected since the trade is not there anymore?

If you don't reject the offer then it still remains on the active trades list of the person who offered until they actually click on the link to check on it. It is kinder to reject so they are not left thinking their offer still stands.

Edited by purplehaze

Total support. I've only ever rejected a trade offer once, but yes, that message startled me.

What purple said. I like to be polite - it is really annoying when you MAKE an offer and don't know, and could have offered the egg on something else instead.

I support for the reasons stated above. Anything to make the actual in-game experience a more pleasant one for all involved. :3

I've never noticed this before, but if it did happen to me it would surely give me a fright. Hope this gets modified soon ~

If you don't reject the offer then it still remains on the active trades list of the person who offered until they actually click on the link to check on it. It is kinder to reject so they are not left thinking their offer still stands.

Then make this suggestion one for the reject offer message AND to handle rejected by accepting another offer rejections better? I never knew that it did something strange in that situation, and it would probably be better if it acted the same as if you had rejected it manually.

Support. More accurate wording is always a good thing.

Then make this suggestion one for the reject offer message AND to handle rejected by accepting another offer rejections better? I never knew that it did something strange in that situation, and it would probably be better if it acted the same as if you had rejected it manually.

Support. More accurate wording is always a good thing.

I suspect the hold-over link thing is a bug, actually, and not a "feature". I've always felt it was a bug, at least. Like the not-accepted offer's trade link doesn't cancel properly.

Cheers!

C4.

I just rejected a trade offer and it said The offer has been cancelled not The trade has been cancelled

That's great news. I swear it didn't say that when I rejected one !

And I just tested it with friends and YES. Thanks TJ smile.gif

And if I actually imagined the whole thing - well, great message anyway. But I'm sure it can't have or I wouldn't have had such a panic. This message wouldn't have worried me, and I know I was REALLY panicked !