maylin

Brunt scroll, save the dragons suggestion!

I'm not really sure what happens to dragons from a burnt scroll, i'm guessing they are released into the wild but that can be a real shame when some of those dragons are apart of a lineage others use or if they have old CB Holiday dragons that many do not have.

So my idea would be when someone's scroll is burnt there could be a raffle to give those dragons away to other users, instead of releasing them into the wild!

I'm not really sure what happens to dragons from a burnt scroll, i'm guessing they are released into the wild but that can be a real shame when some of those dragons are apart of a lineage others use or if they have old CB Holiday dragons that many do not have.

So my idea would be when someone's scroll is burnt there could be a raffle to give those dragons away to other users, instead of releasing them into the wild!

I don't support this as most of the users can just get the eggs from the main page. As for the old CB Holidays, most users who have them are still active.

If we could trade dragons or grab wilderness dragons or had any way of obtaining adult dragons besides raising them ourselves, I might support this, but as is, no.

If you want a way to get cb holidays, I would prefer:

Rerelease holidays: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=169053

or even the store idea: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=165916

hmmm don't know those idea's seem like there would then be too much and they would lose their value as rares. I am one of those people that likes that we have rare dragons and these ideas kinda take away their rareness. And I'm saying that as someone who missed out on almost all the holidays.

With raffling them whenever a scroll is burnt (Which is very rare in itself I think?)

It does not make more, only moves the rare to another person's scroll so that it is not lost to the wilds.

It could be a exciting thing for people too, to have a chance of getting a rare CB or a nice lineage.

It takes away the excitement if you make it too easy.

hmmm don't know those idea's seem like there would then be too much and they would lose their value as rares. I am one of those people that likes that we have rare dragons and these ideas kinda take away their rareness. And I'm saying that as someone who missed out on almost all the holidays.

With raffling them whenever a scroll is burnt (Which is very rare in itself I think?)

It does not make more, only moves the rare to another person's scroll so that it is not lost to the wilds.

It could be a exciting thing for people too, to have a chance of getting a rare CB or a nice lineage.

It takes away the excitement if you make it too easy.

I would support the return of raffles. But I wouldn't support raffling off previously owned dragons. So either way, I don't support this, sorry.

Personally, I think that this is a bad idea. If you like the idea of rarity, you should also understand that it takes something (like effort or being there when something happens) to get something that is rare or will become rare later on in the game.

No support. And it doesn't spoil a lineage - burned scrolls don't kill dragons - they end up in the wild AFAIK. I have some lineages with wild dragons from scrolls I know were burned - though that may not always happen.

No support, for reasons stated. I never liked the concept of the raffles in the first place, but raffling off adult dragons? That's getting a full-grown dragon for no reason at all. Just poof, onto your scroll and grown up without you having to lift a finger! No thanks. With rares especially, users should have to *do* something to get them, not just have them randomly appear on their scroll.

No support. And it doesn't spoil a lineage - burned scrolls don't kill dragons - they end up in the wild AFAIK. I  have some lineages with wild dragons from scrolls I know were burned - though that may not always happen.

Actually I think they just stay on the burned scroll. They keep their name and everything, at least now they do since TJ changed the way 'abandoned' scrolls work (as in the names used to vanish after three months, now they never do).

Source: my original scroll was burned last year because I did something really dumb, and I've wised up since I promise, but the point is I can still click links to my dragons. They all still say they're on my old scroll, with the username and everything, and they still keep their old names.

So if the concern is only that they should keep their names and not be released to the Wild, no problem. That's already what happens.

Further proof: An old record of mine, on the Dreamwidth journalling site. Feel free to look through them, if you want. Clicking the owner's name will prove it's my burned scroll.

Edited by silver_chan

Actually I think they just stay on the burned scroll. They keep their name and everything, at least now they do since TJ changed the way 'abandoned' scrolls work (as in the names used to vanish after three months, now they never do).

Source: my original scroll was burned last year because I did something really dumb, and I've wised up since I promise, but the point is I can still click links to my dragons. They all still say they're on my old scroll, with the username and everything, and they still keep their old names.

So if the concern is only that they should keep their names and not be released to the Wild, no problem. That's already what happens.

Further proof: An old record of mine, on the Dreamwidth journalling site. Feel free to look through them, if you want. Clicking the owner's name will prove it's my burned scroll.

Not always. I KNOW this lady used to live on a scroll that was burned. I think TJ decides at will - HIS will !

Not always. I KNOW this lady used to live on a scroll that was burned. I think TJ decides at will - HIS will !

I know the mascot for the cave plumbers stayed on the scroll.

So maybe it changed from them being released to them staying on the scroll.

Edited by AppleMango

Yes, I think that's actually the case. Way before, the dragons from burnt scrolls were either released into the wild or even killed, not sure if the latter actually happened. But by now, the dragons from burnt scrolls stay "there", only the scroll is impossible to read.