catstaff

Reverse displays for Egg Hunts/Trick or Treats

It's maybe not the biggest deal in the world, but for folks who've been around forever, it's kind of annoying to have to scroll past several years' worth of previous Egg Hunt or Trick or Treat collections to check on the progress of the current year's hunt. Don't get me wrong, I love seeing the past years' collections and comparing this year's favorites to last year's, etc. But especially when I'm getting close to the end of the hunt, I find it annoying to have to scroll down and down and down in order to count up how many I've found and calculate how many I have left to find.

Is it possible to reverse the displays, so that the current year's collection is at the top and the oldest is at the bottom? That way, when Easter rolls around and brings the new Egg Hunt, the page will show:

Instead of the current:

I just think it would be nice to be able to see and admire the newest offerings by our wonderful artists without having to scroll all over creation looking for them.

It's not as simple as just reversing the layout. How would you arrange the banners? As it is, the first treats don't have a banner at all, but would need one if you reverse everything. Reversing that layout means that the newest treats don't need a banner because they will just appear at the top, but it will appear when they collect the next year's treats because suddenly there will be the need to separate them. So maybe the banner appears above the treats it labels, even if there is no need to separate? The only way I can see working around both of those issues at once would be to have the banner for a year's treats below the treats that it labels, which would be confusing and just feels off to me.

Basically, right now we have:

2010 treats

2011 banner

2011 treats

2016 banner

2016 treats

Reversing it could be:

2016 banner (dividing nothing)

2016 treats

2011 banner

2011 treats

2010 banner (does not exist!!)

2010 treats

or

2016 treats

2016 banner

2011 treats

2011 banner

2010 treats

(no banner needed)

Edited by Pokemonfan13

While I prefer the ascending order aesthetically, it is super annoying during the hunt to be brought to the item page... and see my earliest items. So I support.

I agree that the banner on the bottom is a little odd, but maybe a simple text "2010" (or text image) could be implemented for the 2010 banner so nobody has to make a full one but there's still a year.

Support

and banners could go on the bottom to avoid the trouble.

Also may be just me but I personally don't care what year the banner was for, they work like nothing but pretty dividers for me(and isnt' that their role anyway btw?). Could as well be dividers for the previous year's treats/eggs tongue.gif

100% support

Make a new banner for any year that's missing one.. put it at the top of each year set.. and put the sets in order of newest first. That's the way I've always thought it should be anyway.

Edited by Cinnamin Draconna

I support having the current year at the top. It really is annoying to have to go to the bottom to check the status of your newest collection and admire the treats/eggs.

I would love to see a banner made for 2010 and then have them arranged in reverse order with each year's banner above it. Of course that would mean that all the people who didn't join until later would need to have the banner for the year they joined added to their collection, too, to keep their first year's treasures separated from the next year. Many have complained over not getting a banner for their first year anyway.

So:

Banner for 2016

2016 treasures

Banner for 2015

2015 treasures

etc. ending with

NEW Banner for 2010

2010 treasures

Whatever year you started collecting, the banner for that year would go above that year's treasures. If you started in 2012 you would get the banner for that year added to separate those treasures from the 2013 ones.

I don't like the idea of putting the banner below the eggs/treats for that year. That just makes no sense to me. It flies in the face of convention for headings/labels and would just cause a lot of confusion over which treasures were from which year.

Edited by purplehaze

I support having the current year at the top. It really is annoying to have to go to the bottom to check the status of your newest collection and admire the treats/eggs.

I would love to see a banner made for 2010 and then have them arranged in reverse order with each year's banner above it. Of course that would mean that all the people who didn't join until later would need to have the banner for the year they joined added to their collection, too, to keep their first year's treasures separated from the next year. Many have complained over not getting a banner for their first year anyway.

So:

Banner for 2016

2016 treasures

Banner for 2015

2015 treasures

etc. ending with

NEW Banner for 2010

2010 treasures

Whatever year you started collecting, the banner for that year would go above that year's treasures. If you started in 2012 you would get the banner for that year added to separate those treasures from the 2013 ones.

I don't like the idea of putting the banner below the eggs/treats for that year. That just makes no sense to me. It flies in the face of convention for headings/labels and would just cause a lot of confusion over which treasures were from which year.

I'm with purplehaze. and 2010 - a banner isn't that huge an issue; at worst you could just put - 2010 ! (even in a fancy font, yet !) Most of the time I don't care that much, but when catching, it really is a pain, and getting worse every year.

As a player with ALL the treats/eggs, I highly support this idea. I don't want to scroll the whole page every time I make a count.

And I've always supported players earning banners for the year they started. So what, there's nothing to divide? They played, and caught at least some treats/eggs, they should get the art that was also released souly for THAT year. It's not like it hurts anyone to give it to them. It certainly doesn't take away from my very full baskets. So why not?

As a player with ALL the treats/eggs, I highly support this idea.  I don't want to scroll the whole page every time I make a count. 

And I've always supported players earning banners for the year they started.  So what, there's nothing to divide?  They played, and caught at least some treats/eggs, they should get the art that was also released souly for THAT year. It's not like it hurts anyone to give it to them.  It certainly doesn't take away from my very full baskets.  So why not?

No - the issue is that there was no banner for 2010, so if it is at the bottom - where it should be IMNVHO laugh.gif - there is nothing to divide that year for 2011. Everyone who joins in already gets the banner.

Edited by fuzzbucket