kreepers_killer

Bring back old DC theme

I've recently found screenshots of the old cave desing and I found it really nice. Sure, the new one's cool, but there are multiple theme we can choose already. Why not add the old one? People who don't like it can keep the new one. There is the old theme for the forum (That I am using right now), why not the one for the cave?

TJ said, when the new one came in, that it is a lot of work keeping multiple skins going, and he isn't about to do that. It's rather more important - for several of us - to have a vanilla simple one like St Pat's, as the new one has issues with scrolling and loading for many players.

Here is the original suggestions thread link if the OP would like to add it to the first post: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=167268

~

In addition to supporting lots of skins being too much work, the new skin isn't a different skin from the old default: it's an update. Therefore, I do not think it makes sense to bring it back. I would support a simple vanilla/lite skin, though, as there is a logical reason to introduce one.

As mentioned, the alternative skins do not maintain themselves and must all be updated by TJ.

If you're looking for a pseudo-old-skin experience, try the 1960s skin. Practically the same thing with a sharper foreground/background contrast, as well as a beautiful wood background as opposed to the brown nothingness of the original DC skin.