scoutbun

What should you be doing right now?

4 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

I should be reading the library books I got on Friday... Made a goal at the start of the year to read 50 books this year. Have read zero. 

Or I should be going through and cropping/resizing some of the 1,450 pictures I took during our San Diego trip last August... I feel like I'll never get all those done and I just keep procrastinating.

Oh no! I've made a 'read more books' goal every year for the past five or so, but this year is the first I'm actually sticking to it. I've read about 14 so far. I force myself to read for 30 minutes each and every day, even when I really don't want to, and tick it off on a calendar. It has really helped. Maybe something worth considering for you. ^_^

I should actually be getting out of bed, but it's a public holiday and I don't have to be at work today and I'm just feeling lazy. So I'm going to stay in bed as long as I can. :P 

@StormWizard212 I had to check a calendar when I saw public holiday! I don't work Mondays, so Monday holidays don't affect me, so sometimes I actually forget when there is one. Last year I spontaneously joined a book challenge mid-March, and while I didn't hit the 75-book goal I did read a total of 64 books last year. It was the first time I'd ever made any real reading goal, so I figured I'd keep it going this year... Meh. 

Now that today is almost over I really should be watching Friday's episode of my favorite soap opera so I'll be caught up for tomorrow. (I did get through some of those pictures from my last post, so I count that a win.)

Hah, related to @HeatherMarie's post, I should actually be heading to the library to return some books I've had on me for almost two months already lol. I've been re-loaning them on the website since no one has made reservations for them but I actually have read 5/6 of them so now it's just the matter of me dragging my butt to the library. 

I feel like every kid says this, buuuuuut, homework. Although, there's a reason I'm not doing it, I swear! I have to record a 30 second interview with a friend and I, and we both HATE recording our voices and stuff like that, so we've been putting it off for a while now and it's finally due >.>

I failed at adulting today. It was my day off. I was supposed to get up early and go buy chicks (not slavery... Actually baby

chickens) at Tractor Supply, but... It was a cold morning, and right after daylight savings... It just didn't happen. I slept in. Later that morning I got sucked into binge-watching Westworld... So 5 hours later.... wife texts from work "Do we have chicks yet?" I hadn't even set up the cage for them and was still in my PJs. *Sigh* We agree to go together after work. But....  By the time we got there (7PM) all the breeds we wanted were sold out. They were there yesterday!!! So no chickie's for me, maybe next week. LOL

I should be getting ready to leave for the CT scan I have in less then an hour. Still need to get dressed and take the dog out before leaving. But dragons!

I need to go to bed! Why is this such a struggle every night? :P I will never manage to reconcile the fact that sleeping is my favourite hobby with the fact that I never manage to get to bed on time (or fall/stay asleep once I'm there). 

I should be working. I mean, they do PAY me to sit here :D Specifically, I'm supposed to be figuring out how to add us to a bid as a prime contractor... but I have no idea how to do that. They showed me once, like....a month or more ago and I don't have any clue how to proceed. So I'm just going to play DC or write fanfiction until the person who can help me gets in this morning. 

I should be getting ready for work. Transportation will be here in... less then 20 minutes, oops. I'm still in my pajamas.

I should be getting a diaper bag ready. Baby has her 1 year shots in about an hour and 15 mins. Yup, better get on that. lol Drive is 40 mins. 

This seems to be a pattern with me... I should be getting ready for work. Don't usually work Fridays, maybe that's why I'm feeling extra unmotivated to step away from the computer and get ready. Also need to take the dog out before leaving (he refuses to get in his cage without a walk first). Oh, I also really should check the mail, my tax refund should be here any day and that should be enough reason to actually check the mail regularly, but I haven't checked it since Saturday.

15 hours ago, Cottoncat said:

Doing very many math exercises before the exam, or clean. Or actually both.

I hope the exam went well! :D

I should be doing some writing, but it's the weekend and I'm exhausted so I'm just procrastinating. I should also start thinking about dinner since it's getting to that time, but I don't want to cook anything tonight. So I think I just won't. Hello unhealthy and unsatisfying snacks. :P 

Going to the store to pick up some cheese for a pizza (which already in dough-form, rising on the table) because I forgot it in the morning D:

I should be figuring out what story I'm going to work on for April's Camp NaNoWriMo. I really have no clue. Two weeks away and I have no clue.

I SHOULD be studying for multiple tests/quizzes I have tomorrow but alas... I am procrastinating. I think I'm getting burnt out from school this late in the year... :blink:

I should be getting ready for work, but I'm feeling horrible sick and tired but I know I have to go today because I already missed the first week of March due to illness. It's not good for me to have a job where I can decide my own hours, I always end up not going for three weeks and then working my butt off for the last week of the month to get some hours in. Sigh. 

10 hours ago, HeDy said:

I should be getting ready for work, but I'm feeling horrible sick and tired but I know I have to go today because I already missed the first week of March due to illness. It's not good for me to have a job where I can decide my own hours, I always end up not going for three weeks and then working my butt off for the last week of the month to get some hours in. Sigh. 

I hope you are feeling better! I kind of know how that work thing feels... My job is insanely flexible about my work schedule, which is wonderful when I'm struggling with my depression and need some time off, but it can also be bad because sometimes it's hard to make myself go regularly when I know I *can* just slack off for awhile.

I should be doing dishes right now. Or printing out the pictures from December that my mom keeps bugging me about. 

Edited by HeatherMarie

I've got my students in the auditorium watching a film that we're studying. I should be watching it myself, but I'm unwell at the moment and can't for the life of me focus well enough to watch it. How silly does that sound? Not even being able to concentrate on a movie? :P But it's genuinely difficult when my head is so foggy and heavy. I really should have just stayed home today! 

On 17.3.2018 at 9:40 AM, StormWizard212 said:

I hope the exam went well! :D

It ended up going very badly or that's how I feel like but I'm just glad it's over. :lol:

Now I should probably be cramming for tomorrow's exam but social studies is so far from being my favorite subject.

Oh no! I'm sorry your exam didn't go well @Cottoncat :( And it's a pity you don't like social studies! I find it so interesting, personally. 

I've taken the past two days off work because I'm unwell and I should be getting some work done at home to make up for what I'm missing, but I honestly just can't be bothered. I'm feeling too lethargic.