The Dragoness

Glittering Gold Giveaways [STATUS: CLOSED]

My donation is not very theme matching but I've been trying for a while to get an egg from that pair and am super happy they cooperated. c:

I got some things in, got some more things in, tried to get very very close to theme as much as possible, and if not Celestial.... Well generally sky related at least with mate or something - so A++ for Effort, with some success, and a nice variety for various people! Bring out your Donations! The cart is rolling thru town and this is coming up on the final hour to throw those eggs, hatchlings and other lovelies on the cart to be hauled off to the Auction House for Random Winnings & Gifting Joys!

And don't forget, after it closes, keep an eye open for accepting donations, since just about everyone who plays has a reason to enjoy at least something, normally almost everything if not everything, as something to potentially WIN! Gotta Keep Winnin!

I know my two donations weren't really in theme, unless, you can count a Red Dorsal as a Red Dwarf maybe? :lol: Also, A Silver Shimmer might dwell within the Milky Way, or could be the silver dust at the tail end of a comet? (I'm trying here!) xD

I overslept and came late to donate >.<

Ah well, my plans didn't work out as I expected. Self-reminder: sleep earlier, especially if you haven't entered for raffle @_@

I'm so, so sorry for the disappearance on my part last night. The raffle form is ready to go and will open shortly. It was not smart to attempt to juggle writing an essay and filling out the form at the same time. I fell asleep right at my desk without officially opening the raffle. If any prizes die because of my mistake, I will gladly replace them with something from my scroll.

If anyone would be interested in helping me host raffles until life becomes less chaotic, I would really appreciate it. All you would need to do is help me fill out the forms from time to time when I simply can't find 1-2 hours to do sk. I can handle the updates, questions, etc. Please PM me if interested!

Edited by The Dragoness

For all of you out there who don't have the ability or don't feel ready to do a big project for Player Events, or want to learn or just help out a little but have a huge impact.... this is that moment. It may seem simple and small, but I promise you the people impacted by small things and the ripple effects are huge.

@The Dragoness guess we both fell asleep and had plans didn't work as expected XD

It's okay, take your time. Things like that happen, especially in busy life. We're just glad that you hosted this raffle for all of us :D

(Also, good luck in the essay-writing!)

I had a feeling you fell asleep last night.  Surprised you woke up this soon considering the amount of sleep deprivation you've had this week.  Hope you avoided the dreaded "keyboard face" and your essay is grand!   :)  psst... thread title needs updating.

An amazing selection of dragons this raffle, thanks to all who donated!

Wow, so many amazing goodies to choose from. I promise I tried to restrain myself. It wasn't easy though. Good luck everyone! 

8 hours ago, The Dragoness said:

I'm so, so sorry for the disappearance on my part last night. The raffle form is ready to go and will open shortly. It was not smart to attempt to juggle writing an essay and filling out the form at the same time. I fell asleep right at my desk without officially opening the raffle. If any prizes die because of my mistake, I will gladly replace them with something from my scroll.

If anyone would be interested in helping me host raffles until life becomes less chaotic, I would really appreciate it. All you would need to do is help me fill out the forms from time to time when I simply can't find 1-2 hours to do sk. I can handle the updates, questions, etc. Please PM me if interested!

First, Thank you to all the awesome people who donated, as always, I had way too much to choose from, and here is the thing, I used to be super OCD about my scroll length page numbers. I would purposely cull and release and kill and all sorts of things to dragon lines that "no longer had a place on my scroll" and I just finally started being more picky on what I accepted and stopped being so OCD on the number. Probably having the Group thing made that a lot easier to deal with so I can put different dragons in various places and have them organized and easy to find without needing to flipping manually sort my scroll. Although I still wish there was an easy way to do that. It is just awesome raffles and awesome donators like you all make it super hard for me to not want MOAR AND MOAR dragons and enter for way more stuff than I had every anticipated so thanks for keeping the donations strong, providing quality awesome stuff to people of all play levels and all sorts of varied lineages for all sorts of different collectors and needs. Cheers to you and always remember to invite people over to join in the fun! We've got plenty to go round.

Now this is where Natayah is going to post a slightly longer post. First @The Dragoness don't you dare apologize for anything and don't you dare offer to "replace" something from your scroll, and you better not replace it with your Prize Babies. You having a crazy life, remember, some of us follow your posts also outside of this thread and know you are going thru a crazy crazy time. And you know what, that is why this is a COMMUNITY PLAYER EFFORT and why I do not have a thread called THE DRAGONESS EVENTS AND ACTIVITIES.... Because you are not the sole responsible person for making people happy. Now I get it, you are currently the longest running ongoing raffle, that is quite a distinction and I am sure that builds a reputation and people probably love you and even sometimes gift you nice stuff or think you are awesome and sing praises and give thanks due to it. I am very careful to mention it because I WANT people to understand what a precious commodity this is and you are. THAT MEANS - WHEN LIFE IS CRAZY YOU GET TO TAKE A STEP BACK AND/OR ASK FOR HELP. And that is what you are doing, and that is what you are going to do. I think that thingie where you post Raffles in advance and was super ahead of its time. You also know what - IN all my time I've been doing this here - I am pretty sure the only other raffle that has ever done that was maybe the Alternative Lives Raffle - And Rosa I love you and I appreciate you keeping that raffle up, you DO NOT ever let people run you crazy!! She put some limits on the donations she accepts cuz she was getting bombarded with 60 or more donations each week and it was a LOT OF TIME AND EFFORT to organize!!!! It also kinda raises the value/rarity of some of the prizes a bit so that people are more apt to get something a little nicer than perhaps someone who really wants to participate but only has a spriters alt that is a 20G Inbred Tangle Mess of Non- Pattern Lineage. Nothing wrong to you all, we love you, we want to get you lovely dragons and we want you to be able to donate them. There are several raffles you can WIN these dragons, to re-breed babies from, plenty of people who will breed them for you FOR FREE (or you can win free breedings of your choice) or very little in trade with just a PM, or entire Gifting & Trading threads that will gift and/or Trade you these things for Free or Nothing. You can find things that you can breed to donate that meet the criteria of being just a lil bit more higher tier in prize value, and more people will sign up and want it and not be ever stuck with not anyone entering for it. That sucks.

OK - So Life is a bit Hectic, I think maybe every 2 weeks over the Holidays might be a bit crazy especially with finals having coming up and all that so put some stuff on hold, I think maybe doing it like every 2.5 to 3 weeks, or giving an approximated time and then set it firm as you get closer - You know what we can follow the thread, we'll get the message, we can live. If someone doesn't get a particular prize or whatever, we can hatch it or we can replace it ourselves. Most of us donators are willing to do that. You do not need to do that. Now if it was a super rare never breeds line, maybe we can't replace it exactly, but SOMEONE would be willing to replace it with something of some value or make it up to the person in a way with a few breedings that it would all work out fine. SO YOU DO NOT HAVE TO REPLACE ANYTHING!!!!!!! WE WILL DO THAT FOR YOU AS THE COMMUNITY - WE WILL SIGN UP TO VOLUNTEER FOR THESE THINGS IF THEY HAPPEN!!! That is why threads like Secret Santa have a Whole list of Helpers. They don't do anything but help out. You can have a list of different types of helpers, including people to do various replacements if you feel that is necessary and you will have like 100 people sign up for it or more. So you are good.

Sometimes you gotta be honest and say - Look People, I gotta take some time away, or if you want this to continue, this is how it is going to be going forward. I need someone to do XYZ. You did that, you are awesome. If someone doesn't sign up, then you know what, too bad. If the community can't step up, even if it is a few people on a rotating basis, then they get what they got coming. If you love something enough to support it, support it in any way possible, just don't kill yourself. People breed a bunch of dragons for each raffle. I'm sure you can find someone to help you fill out forms for an hour or two a few times a month. I better have some people who PM'ed you by now or else I'm gonna type a VERY VERY LONG LETTER to the entire Player Community.

Here's a story from my own thread. Look, the Player Event & Activity Thread is mostly a thread of me talking to myself. Normally those threads don't exist because like.... unless its an "art" project, why would you want to read the same person posting again and again and again and again? Because I do a bit more than that. Even when I'm not crazy active every day, I miss a few things here or there, I am still a good resource with a decent list of resources, and I update on Player Activities and Enough people find this useful that they check in on it, even if they don't post, and it helps remind and build community support and inspire people to do things even if its a one shot. Feesh's ND raffle started as a One Time or One Month Thingie. Now it is ongoing, and is as it Pops Up Randomly Sometimes. Sometimes Scheduled, sometimes sudden. You do what you need to do. When I needed to take time away from the Game, there were some Player Activities that no longer existed when I came back. Some of them really hung in there. I am not claiming to be the reason they did or did not fail or succeed or keep going. People get busy. People move on. New people start new things. But you keep chugging at it, but at one time you were the new person on the block and we had like Clya's Raffle and the ongoing oldest running ongoing raffle for a LONG time. We still love and thank Clya, and hope wherever Clya is in life that Clya is awesome. But do not feel you EVER need to apologize, and geez, its the Holidays. Take some time off and enjoy your time away from finals and talk to us in like January, February or March. Have a special round in between Jan - Feb if you feel really bored. But don't feel pressured to have your year planned out and to do them every 2 weeks. I promise if you do them every 2.5 or 3 weeks or even 4 weeks, or sometimes do every 2 weeks but once in awhile take a longer break, we aren't going to notice and despair and pelt moldy cheese at you. We appreciate everything you do, and you take care of you, and if we cannot help you enough to keep you going, then we don't deserve the awesomeness you do.

And you know what, if people get itchy, they are gonna start doing things on their own. Blue Latios, for example, does a very creative Non-Breedable Random Lotto literally as they are available to catch them as they feel like it. That is kinda hard for me to promote because I don't always catch those type of pop-up raffle/giveaway/game things, but I do try!! And my thread exists so people have a secondary place to promote if they want. But it is totally ok to say HAHAHAHA I'm just gonna let the people who follow me and get lucky enough to notice too (I mean, is that not how Lady Lyzar often gifts her Spriters Alts? Good enough for a Spriter and MOD, good enough for a Player!!!). I mean, we got all flavors here, not that you need to change anything, but it is OK to put a little bit more of a break between things once in awhile and see what new fun things emerge. They will. And if they don't, we'll do something sooner or later. So I don't want you to feel like you are begrudgingly forced to carry on the burden of anything. Not that I feel that you feel that way, but this is a general FYI to all people. Feel free to try new stuff, even for a one shot, do them randomly, and if you really like it, you could do it ongoing! Or not! Just make sure you are supporting those things that do pop up so they keep going as much as possible and get the support they need to keep doing what they do.

So in short, don't you ever apologize again and get more sleep! I mean you can apologize if it makes you feel better, but if someone is demanding that you apologize and replace their winning, then they really aren't the people we are building this Community Player Events and Activities for. They need to Grow up, Learn some Gratitude, Thanks and Giving and stuff like that and come back when they get their attitude straightened out. Generally it takes a large NEGATIVE life event or just getting older to shake people out of their bad habits. Some people never grow out of them. Alas, all we can do is be positive and move forward. But it would make me very angry and wrathful if anyone ever raised any objection over this lovely thing you create and need to stop pushing yourself so much that you fall asleep between an essay and an update on a prize list.

So you get that all adjusted and prioritized, we will be here to support you in whatever manner you need, and will be grateful for anything you do or do not wish to bestow upon us. And that is what it comes down to. Please never forget that.

Much Love, and go Please make sure people know to enter this raffle cuz it has awesome stuff to the rest of you. I know many of you are very highly giving too. I'm not running any shame on you. You all are awesome people, which is why we have so many ongoing events that repeat. People just get so excited about how much fun the community has and participates that they just cannot help but keep on doing them. So give the love, share the love, and win something to love, as long as you love yourself enough to be winning on the life side first. Just keep your priorities and positivities in the right order and things just grow from there. Thanks.

8 minutes ago, Natayah said:

First, Thank you to all the awesome people who donated, as always, I had way too much to choose from, and here is the thing, I used to be super OCD about my scroll length page numbers. I would purposely cull and release and kill and all sorts of things to dragon lines that "no longer had a place on my scroll" and I just finally started being more picky on what I accepted and stopped being so OCD on the number. Probably having the Group thing made that a lot easier to deal with so I can put different dragons in various places and have them organized and easy to find without needing to flipping manually sort my scroll. Although I still wish there was an easy way to do that. It is just awesome raffles and awesome donators like you all make it super hard for me to not want MOAR AND MOAR dragons and enter for way more stuff than I had every anticipated so thanks for keeping the donations strong, providing quality awesome stuff to people of all play levels and all sorts of varied lineages for all sorts of different collectors and needs. Cheers to you and always remember to invite people over to join in the fun! We've got plenty to go round.

XD I thought I was the only one who did that! XD The culling to keep the pages down, I mean. The groups definitely helped. And releasing a described dragon startled me into stopping...

Choices, choices!  Thanks to all who donated, and @The Dragoness for making this possible!

(The heading needs updating...)

Thank you so much to all the donors! The prizes are lovely. Unfortunately I was egglocked during the donation window but hopefully I can donate next time.

@Lagie - I am so glad to have found someone who finally understands so I don't feel so alone! While its not so much a thing I've done IN THE RECENT PAST YEAR OR TWO OR SO, especially with Prize wins  from raffles and and I select things I want from raffles with thought, and am more picky and selective rather than just taking random gifts, so many people used to just be like .... why would you ever get rid of a dragon from your scroll.... THEY ARE ALL SO PRECIOUS... Look, I'm not a pure ASD type, but I have a lot of common characteristics, and I get OCD and very routine pattern driven about some things. So what do I call myself? NA? NueroAtypical? Sure! We'll go there. Yay! But anyway, reminder to people:

THE RAFFLE IS OPEN IT IS TIME TO ENTER NOW!!!! DO NOT READ THE ENTIRE TITLE, IT JUST HASN'T BEEN UPDATED, READ THE MOST UP TO DATE POSTS AND THE FACT THAT THE DONATION PAGE IS ****OPEN FOR FREE ENTRIES***** A BUNCH OF YOU FOLLOW THIS THREAD - THIS IS WHY WE FOLLOW THE THREAD SO WE CAN GET ALL THE MOST UP TO DATE NOTICES - BUT JUST IN CASE  DRAGONESS DOESN'T GET A CHANCE TO UPDATE THE TOPIC TITLE (LOOK I RUN A THREAD, I KNOW WHAT A PAIN IT IS TO ALWAYS UPDATE THOSE TOP PAGES AND HAVING TO DEAL WITH IRL BALANCING STUFF, EVEN IF IRL ISN'T THAT BAD, IT IS BUSY!!!) I WILL ASK YOU A FAVOR (BESIDES THE ONE I ASKED PRIOR - THIS IS UNRELATED TO THE ABOVE ESSAY):

IF YOU ENTER THIS RAFFLE FOR ANYTHING, OR EVEN IF YOU DON'T BUT YOU NOTICE IT - MAKE A POST SO OTHERS KNOW TO CHECK OUT THIS THREAD AND GET ENTERED SO THERE IS STILL TIME TO GET YOUR ENTRIES IN - SO MANY GREAT THINGS TO WIN AND I DO NOT MIND WINNING THEM ALL TO KEEP TO MYSELF, BUT SINCE I AM THE TWO-HEADED HOLLY AND HAVE TO PRETEND I HAVE HOLIDAY SPIRIT AND LOVE GIFTING (I KNOW WHO YOU GREEDY PEOPLE ARE... YOU ARE ON THAT NAUGHTAYAH LIST AND ARE GETTIN NUTTIN ... UNLESS YOU CHANGE YOUR WAYS AND START BEING GIFTING AND GOOD AND SHARING THE LOVELY CHANCES TO WIN WITH OTHERS, MAYBE YOU WILL WIN MORE THAN COAL!!) - SO SHARE THE HOLIDAY LOVE AND SPIRIT AND KEEP PARTICIPATING & SHARING & GIFTING & CARING & BEING THANKFUL AND ENJOYING YOUR LOVELY GIFTS & WINS!!

Edited by Natayah

Entered the raffle. Hopefully some more people will notice that it is indeed open despite the title. Best of luck to everyone!

Also entered the raffle. Some hatchies are near the 4 day mark. stunned already, hope they won't grow up :(

If they do, I think we could work something out. 

Edited by Din85

Now's the time for any last minute entries, I'm sure the raffle will be closing very soon now. :)

I'm not sure how long I can still be online today - am very tired already ^^"

In case I should win something and it dies, hatches or grows up on your scroll while I'm asleep - don't worry, you don't need to replace it or something. :)

If someone entered for the prize I donated, don't worry either! It will be ER in a few hours but before delivering it to you I will hatch it with a proper influence. In case it still genderfails I happily replace it. :3

Edited by Belisar

Names will be posted today. Hopefully soon. I've been having conflicts come up all day, so I'm doing my best to get it sorted out. (Huge thank you to the people who offered to help and those who posted sweet words here <3). I just want you all to know that I didn't forget. 

Thankfully, after this raffle I will have some time to get IRL things sorted out during the holiday raffle break, which will make running this thread 1000x times easier.

Whoever is gonna win the eggs I donated is gonna get a double gift as they are now properly influenced and hatched (or on the way there) :D 

The Dragoness, we are aware that these raffles are a lot of work and we appreciate you putting in so much effort - ESPECIALLY considering how busy your life is right now. Don't you stress too much over it, we are patiently waiting and taking care of the eggos in the meanwhile :) 

My donated egg is just fine <tucks more warm sand round it> thank you for organising, I can't imagine how much work the raffle is. I just wanted to say, it's late here and I need to sleep. I'll check first thing and send this little egg on it's way first thing in the morning. No worries here :)

We really appreciate all you do with this raffle, Dragoness! Don't you worry. Make sure to take care of yourself and IRL. That's most important. :)