The Dragoness

Glittering Gold Giveaways

~Glittering Gold Giveaways~

Welcome to Glittering Gold Giveaways! The goal of this project is simple: gift as many beautiful dragons as possible through grand raffles. 

I. General Information
  • Raffles are held Wednesday-Friday* on a bi-weekly basis.
  • Being that these raffles are fueled by donations, the amount and/or rarity of prizes will vary each week.
  • Winners will be drawn using Random Name Picker and privately messaged with a teleport link to their prize within a few hours after I announce the closing of the raffle. Names will also be posted here as a precaution (if I send you the wrong link, please let me know as soon as possible).
  • Whining, harassment, and pessimism will not be tolerated in this thread. Bad days do happen, but this is not the place to share, especially if the complaint regards the prize(s).
II. Entering
  • You must have at least 10 adult dragons to be eligible to enter. This is to ensure that you understand how DC works.
  • Your scroll must be unhidden to participate. By hiding your scroll, I will automatically assume that you do not meet the requirements. If you are uncomfortable with the idea of leaving your scroll visible for a lengthy period of time, you are welcome to PM me before the raffle and I'll check it as soon as I can.
  • Unless you discuss it with me beforehand, you may not enter for other players. 
  • You must have the messenger feature enabled. We need a way to contact you if your name is drawn.
  • If you change your username after entering a raffle and the results have not yet been posted, please PM me or post in this thread. Do not submit a new form entry.
  • All entries must be submitted via the Google form.
  • There is a limit of 4 prizes per winner.
  • Any prize(s) you win must remain, unharmed, on your scroll. This means that you may not bite, freeze, kill, experiment on, abandon, re-gift, or trade them. I will check on all prizes given out and won’t hesitate to forbid you from participating in future raffles if this rule is broken.
  • All prizes must be claimed within 24 hours. If they are not, it is up to the donor to do as they please with the egg/hatchling. If you are going to be offline during the raffle, PM me and I will consider holding your prize for you (note: I will not hatch eggs for you. All prizes will be hidden).

III. Donating

• Any and all donations will be accepted; I won't turn a single egg/hatchling down regardless of breed or lineage. However, please try to understand if no one enters for it.
  • Donations may be submitted via the Google form or PM.
  • Please say so somewhere in your submission if you intend for your donations to be bundled. Otherwise, one submission will be counted as one prize.
  • You can fill out the donation form as many times as you would like.
  • If your donation becomes sick after being entered into a raffle, please send me a screenshot of the lineage before hiding it.
  • I do ask that ER donations (<4 days left) are either stunned or hatched to prevent death on your scroll.
  • Due to concern, two-way teleport links will no longer be accepted. All prizes are monitored after delivery, so I will let you know if yours ends up in a strange place.
  • If you choose not to remain anonymous, please send the teleport link containing your donation to the correct winner after the raffle.
  • Once prizes have been sent, winners have 24 hours to claim them. You are welcome to do as you please with your donation if it remains on your scroll after the window closes.

IV. FAQ

Q: There are dead eggs on my scroll. Can I still enter?

A: Yes, as long as those eggs are not prizes you have won in this thread. 

Q: Is there a limit on how many dragons I can enter for?

A: No, but be prepared to claim multiple eggs within the 24 hour window. While it is unlikely that anyone will win more than twice in a raffle, it's better to be safe than sorry! However, there is a maximum limit of 4 prizes per winner. 

Q: I won! Can I still enter the next raffle?

A: Of course!

Q: Can I only donate dragons that fit this week's theme?

A: No. I encourage donors to breed any dragons that they find special. The themes are just a way to inspire donors.

Q: My donation hasn't been claimed by the winner in over 24 hours. What should I do?

A: Once the 24 hour claiming window has passed, donors are no longer required to hold onto prizes. You do not need to breed a replacement prize for the winner, but you may if you wish to do so. Treat unclaimed prize(s) as any other egg on your scroll; gifting, trading, biting, etc. are all acceptable. 

Q: How long are raffles open for?

A: Donations are accepted* for 24 hours starting at 7:00 PM every other Wednesday. Raffles open* the following Thursday at 9:00 PM and will be kept open for 24 hours.

Q: What is "The Silver Special?"

A: "The Silver Special" is an IOU for a 2G Prize x any male Holiday from my CB Silver Tinsel, Gloriosa Stellarum. If you win this prize, I will message you about the delivery shortly after the raffle. If you have already won "The Silver Special," you will be unable to enter for it again. This prize is not exempt from standard raffle rules. 

*Changes may be made to this schedule if necessary.

Edited by The Dragoness

V. Current Raffle

Raffle Theme: TBD

Donation Status: CLOSED

Donations Acceptance Start: TBD
Donation Acceptance End: 
TBD

--> Donate Here! <--

Raffle Status: COLOR

Raffle Start: TBD
Raffle End: 
TBD

--> Enter Here! <--
Edited by The Dragoness

IV. Banners

user posted image By Pryanka

user posted image By irrelevantindigo

user posted image By irrelevantindigo

gggbanner_by_terra_anne-dcqdeti.png By maaters
Edited by The Dragoness
Broken links removed. If any of the artists would like to re-submit them, please PM me!

This is a really good idea! I have a 3rd generation PB Blusang for whenever you start accepting donations - I just bred it, so I won't need to hatch it for a while. smile.gif

This is a really good idea! I have a 3rd generation PB Blusang for whenever you start accepting donations - I just bred it, so I won't need to hatch it for a while. smile.gif

Thank you! Now that I have room on my scroll, I'll be opening the donation form shortly. I just need to get the word out to new players about the thread. If you could help with that, I would greatly appreciate it smile.gif

Sure! It might be a good idea to get a banner made - I can talk to a couple people about that if you like. I know Clya makes really cool banners - they made three for my dragon request.

Sure! It might be a good idea to get a banner made - I can talk to a couple people about that if you like. I know Clya makes really cool banners - they made three for my dragon request.

That would be great! I've seen a few of Clya's banners and they are very nice. I'll talk to Pryanka about it too; she takes banner and avatar requests.

I gotchu on the banners~!! I can make a few that people can put in their sigs, and I have a good idea for one that will complement your specific signature as well.

I gotchu on the banners~!! I can make a few that people can put in their sigs, and I have a good idea for one that will complement your specific signature as well.

Thank you!! I can't wait to see what you have in mind biggrin.gif

Consider this like...a rough tester. I just tried my quick hand at something animated. Literally zero editing except the animated bg + one text layer. Going to create something a lot more polished and seamless if this works out biggrin.gif

user posted image

Edited by Pryanka

Consider this like...a rough tester. I just tried my quick hand at something animated. Literally zero editing except the animated bg + one text layer. Going to create something a lot more polished and seamless if this works out biggrin.gif

user posted image

I do like how the animation turned out, even if it is just a test.

I do like how the animation turned out, even if it is just a test.

Cool, feel free to use it as a placeholder in the meantime just to help get the word out smile.gif

PS I sent in 2 donations and both eggs are now at 5 & a half days. Will you be running the raffle before they hatch, or should I rescind the donations for now and donate something when you have a better idea of what dates the raffle will be running for?

A suggestion to facilitate people breeding prizes at the right time would be to open an actual donation window rather than just accepting donations till whenever. That way people aren't holding on to eggs for days or wondering if they should hatch the eggs then re-send teleports, etc.

- Pryanka

Cool, feel free to use it as a placeholder in the meantime just to help get the word out smile.gif

PS I sent in 2 donations and both eggs are now at 5 & a half days. Will you be running the raffle before they hatch, or should I rescind the donations for now and donate something when you have a better idea of what dates the raffle will be running for?

A suggestion to facilitate people breeding prizes at the right time would be to open an actual donation window rather than just accepting donations till whenever. That way people aren't holding on to eggs for days or wondering if they should hatch the eggs then re-send teleports, etc.

- Pryanka

That's what I was thinking. The breeding period would be announced shortly before each raffle, then close at a specified time. I haven't entered anything yet in the donation line under Current Raffles because only 2 people have showed interest so far--neither of which I was expecting to donate. The Google form actually should have been turned to "not accepting responses" for the time being, which I missed when I put it together. I do appreciate the kind donations, but I might not be able to pull in enough donations from others to host a raffle for a few more days. smile.gif

Edit: I added a date, so if you would like I can hatch the eggs you were able to donate for you. The same goes for you, dark_and_stormy_heart.

Edited by The Dragoness

Okay sure thing, you can accept the donations & hatch them, that would be great smile.gif I'll see what else I can breed for the current raffle...hopefully something that will get people to join up

Okay sure thing, you can accept the donations & hatch them, that would be great smile.gif I'll see what else I can breed for the current raffle...hopefully something that will get people to join up

It looks the teleport links expired, Pryanka. If you'd still like for me to hold them, you can PM me. I accepted your donation, dark_and_stormy_heart.

I'm not sure how google docs work, but I donated a couple things that I think are nice c: Poked my friend, who has a silver troph, and he said he may join in, so I'm kind of excited. Hope you get lots of interest tomorrow XD yeah!

I'm not sure how google docs work, but I donated a couple things that I think are nice c: Poked my friend, who has a silver troph, and he said he may join in, so I'm kind of excited. Hope you get lots of interest tomorrow xd.png yeah!

Thanks for all your help! Your donation forms look great, so don't worry about not being a Google pro. I'll keep my fingers crossed for the raffle tomorrow; the more entrants, the better smile.gif

I've got one more egg for ye .3. but it's still on cooldown; two hours c'monnn.... I'm getting kinda antsy. Honestly, I wish I knew how to spread the word or something more than jus my one friend.

EVERYONE JOIN IN! XD I'll make everybody pies, woo!

I've got one more egg for ye .3. but it's still on cooldown; two hours c'monnn.... I'm getting kinda antsy. Honestly, I wish I knew how to spread the word or something more than jus my one friend.

EVERYONE JOIN IN! xd.png I'll make everybody pies, woo!

Great! I was only able to donate a few myself, so that's good news. If it's alright with Pryanka, maybe you could use the banner she posted? I don't think PM'ing new players would hurt either as long as it can't be viewed as spam biggrin.gif

And who doesn't love pie?

Everybody is free to use the little test banner, but I promise better ones are coming.

PS I ended up donating those two out because I needed the scrollspace >< But I just submitted a different donation - one that's probably more valuable smile.gif

Great! I was only able to donate a few myself, so that's good news. If it's alright with Pryanka, maybe you could use the banner she posted? I don't think PM'ing new players would hurt either as long as it can't be viewed as spam  biggrin.gif

And who doesn't love pie?

Naw naw cx it's really quite neat, but I don't do animated things in my signature. I've actually been meaning to redo the whole thing, and I would suppose that a link to this thread might be in order, but as of now I made a kind of temporary placeholder button thing. I honestly don't post around the forum very often, so I'm not certain as to how good this'll do, but if you really need me to wear a link I shall c:

As for PMing users ...that's not really something I'd be comfortable with |D I have social anxiety, see, besides that it's just not in me to advertise in such an intrusive way. Good idea, but no thanks; sorry.

Hmmm o3o I suppose I'll have to draw up some pies, then; any flavor in particular you'd prefer? Imaginary is my favorite.

Naw naw cx it's really quite neat, but I don't do animated things in my signature. I've actually been meaning to redo the whole thing, and I would suppose that a link to this thread might be in order, but as of now I made a kind of temporary placeholder button thing. I honestly don't post around the forum very often, so I'm not certain as to how good this'll do, but if you really need me to wear a link I shall c:

As for PMing users ...that's not really something I'd be comfortable with |D I have social anxiety, see, besides that it's just not in me to advertise in such an intrusive way. Good idea, but no thanks; sorry.

Hmmm o3o I suppose I'll have to draw up some pies, then; any flavor in particular you'd prefer? Imaginary is my favorite.

No problem! If you're not comfortable with doing something, you certainy don't have to do it. I'm already doing my best to get the word out there anyway. Submitting wonderful donations and pointing the thread out to your friend is more than enough. smile.gif

Well if we're going for imaginary...magical pies would be interesting.

And thanks for your donation, Pryanka. I'm sure someone will really love it smile.gif

Edited by The Dragoness

It looks as though the raffle is open c: although, I expected to see some sort of announcement; I hope people are joining in! I linked my friend again, though it looks as if he isn't online at the moment .3.

Hey newbies! Flock this way!! XD We got some shinies for yee!

Edit: *cough cough* .... >3>

Edited by sunshine_ley

It looks as though the raffle is open c: although, I expected to see some sort of announcement; I hope people are joining in! I linked my friend again, though it looks as if he isn't online at the moment .3.

Hey newbies! Flock this way!! xd.png We got some shinies for yee!

Edit: *cough cough* .... >3>

My bad! I opened the thread to make the announcement, walked away to feed my dogs, and completely forgot by the time I made it back. Next time, I'll set an alarm on my phone just in case. I did post in the Departures thread though, so hopefully a few new players will notice the banner smile.gif