The Dragoness

Glittering Gold Giveaways [STATUS: CLOSED]

Thank You

To the person who has been using my entry form to not only insult me but also everyone else who participates in these giveaways,

You'll probably just laugh at this, but maybe consider how your words make people feel before saying them. It's things like this that cause some people disappear from this forum and never come back.

And I'm sure you're also the one who vandalized PF4E's Lotto Metallics spreadsheet the other day.

And to everyone else,

Thank you for being so kind to each other. There were so many amazing donations the other day and it's so nice to see how you compliment and thank one another in the thread. If it weren't for all of you, I wouldn't host these raffles anymore.

Edit: I've made it a requirement to sign in before completing the form, which isn't fun, but it should put a stop to the fake entries. This won't reveal any of your google acount information to me.

I'm sorry to see someone's been spoiling everyone's fun. Particularly as I don't have a global google account and have zero wish to give them the info they require to sign up, so I can no longer participate (unless by some miracle a VERY VERY old ID for a site they now own is going to let me log in). I'm sure the vandal is excessively proud of themselves for ruining so many nice things for so many nice people.

I wish you all good fortune and thanks for so many shinies over the last few months. Your raffles are the best IMO, Dragoness. smile.gif

Edited by Aurae

Wait, so i participate the first time (and i don't have a google account) and nothing will happen?

Sorry to hear that. Was looking forward to win that Olive or get maybe my first CB Gold or another CB Copper or more shiny Prizedragons... *sigh* I think i only marked three dragons per category.

I am puzzled what to do now. I think i would like to spent a donation when the dragons that i have in mind cooperate. cool.gif

Edited by Tigerkralle

First PF4's googlesheet is vandalised, now someone is using yours to submit insults? Oh, this can NOT be a coincidence, this absolutely REEKS of a sore loser and I now find it harder to believe this isn't linked to the vewibombing and general censorkip.gif behaviour that seems to have surged since the Valentine's drama.

Someone needs to stop being a pathetic little child, throwing a tantrum, and grow up.

Sorry to hear you got hit with this, Dragoness, someone so generous and kind does not deserve such foul behaviour to be aimed at them.

Though, one question, does this mean we need to resubmit entries for this lotto?

Edited by CharonDusk

Wait, so i participate the first time (and i don't have a google account) and nothing will happen?

Sorry to hear that. Was looking forward to win that Olive or get maybe my first CB Gold or another CB Copper or more shiny Prizedragons... *sigh* I think i only marked three dragons per category.

I am puzzled what to do now. I think i would like to spent a donation when the dragons that i have in mind cooperate. cool.gif

I would think those already in were still in ?

I'm seriously facepalming myself.

I can't believe someone would do that, ugh, the censorkip.gif this guy/girl's been doing is very very disgusting. Why? Seriously, why? Just to ruin everything? Well grats (applause) you've done it.

I'm sorry, Dragoness, for having to deal with this person. I hope it won't happen anymore!

I'm sorry to see someone's been spoiling everyone's fun. Particularly as I don't have a global google account and have zero wish to give them the info they require to sign up, so I can no longer participate (unless by some miracle a VERY VERY old ID for a site they now own is going to let me log in). I'm sure the vandal is excessively proud of themselves for ruining so many nice things for so many nice people.

I wish you all good fortune and thanks for so many shinies over the last few months. Your raffles are the best IMO, Dragoness. smile.gif

I don't know how easy this would be to work considering you have to see the form to see the list, but perhaps those of us with accounts could help the few of you without an account enter? If we were entering the raffle ourselves, that would mean multiple entries from one account, but it would still prevent anon vandalization and allow you to enter still.

Maybe people willing to help could just copy'pasta options here and offer our services, and people without an account could PM the options they wanted to be entered for?

Slightly messy and time consuming, but I'd be willing to help out like this. I 100% understand the decision that was made, but I do hate to see people like you miss out because someone out there is... not so generous as the rest of you folk.

Alright, so since there are people without Google acounts, I'm going to see if there's another way to make this work. If there isn't, I'll suck it up and just remove the sign in requirement. I'll either edit this post or add another once I've looked at the form.

Entries that were already submitted are not affected by this at all, so don't worry about filling out an entire new form. Just the new ones.

I just hope that Pluviophillia doesn't get hit by this too. I know that they also have a running raffle thread with a Google form.

I don't know how easy this would be to work considering you have to see the form to see the list, but perhaps those of us with accounts could help the few of you without an account enter? If we were entering the raffle ourselves, that would mean multiple entries from one account, but it would still prevent anon vandalization and allow you to enter still.

Maybe people willing to help could just copy'pasta options here and offer our services, and people without an account could PM the options they wanted to be entered for?

Slightly messy and time consuming, but I'd be willing to help out like this. I 100% understand the decision that was made, but I do hate to see people like you miss out because someone out there is... not so generous as the rest of you folk.

I am happy to help in any way I can too. smile.gif

That's a good idea, SockPuppet. smile.gif It is annoying that one sore loser can ruin it for others, but I understand that something's got to be done to try to stop the form-abuse.

Thanks for taking another look at the form to see if there's a way for us to enter, Dragoness. smile.gif

Edited by Aurae

I'd be willing to fill out forms for others! These do occur on thursdays, fridays, and saturdays after all, so it wouldn't be a problem smile.gif

I would also be willing to help out those without a google account. It's not fair that good people suffer because one person decided to be a little piece of faecal matter.

I suppose it's a bit of a pity that there's no Drag-cave specific way of entering raffles like this, especially one that'd need your user-and-or-scroll name to enter. Unfortunately, I don't think sacrificing the anonymity of the majority is a good way to dissuade one bad seed from causing trouble.

It doesn't look like there's anything I can change to allow the people without Google accounts to enter via the form. However, I can copy and paste the list of prizes here so that they can PM whatever it is that they would like to enter for to me. Thanks for the idea, Sock! Thoughts?

I'll also be extending the raffle end time from 8:00 PM (EST) to 12:00 AM tonight so that everyone has time to get their entry in.

Edited by The Dragoness

That sounds good.

The trouble with posting the prizes, though, is that this charming individual has also been viewbombing, so...

Maybe you can post an uneditable SHEET with the prizes ? One step more work for a bomber...

I think that'd be a good idea, but maybe put them with the entry from link. Like, maybe you could paste the prizes there with the link and label it "Prizes for This Week's Raffle", then remove it when the raffle is closed. Just so people wouldn't have to hunt the thread for it. Then put a little note at the bottom that says to PM if the person who wishes to enter cannot use the google form.

EDIT: If there's an issue with veiwbombing, then don't put the links. Only give them to people who want to enter via PM so they can see what they are potentially entering for. However, that may be a little complicated and the links could be hard to keep track of so.... IDK. You could send individuals the sheet of links via PM, using a sheet like fuzzbucket mentioned, instead of individual codes.

These are just my thoughts. smile.gif

Edited by SaphireKat

Maybe those of us who can't use the form could PM Dragoness for a list? If it was pre-made and ready to C&P it shouldn't be a huge amount of work, I doubt there's a lot of us who can't use the forms.

I must be blind for not noticing the comments directly after my second to last post in here. Why would someone have enough time on their hands to even think about vandalizing a google docs form? Really stupid. I hate it when someone dumb ruins good things for everyone else.

Then again maybe I'm dumb for not reading all of the comments. xd.png You guys and Dragoness are seriously awesome. Don't let a few bleh people get you down. Look past them to the horde of great people backing you. -hugs-

Oh my, I am so sorry Dragoness that you have to deal wich such childish behaviour. Is there any way to find out who is doing it? While entering you have to put in your scroll and PM link, can't we use it somehow?

It sucks because it makes our fun games of gifting so much more complicated.

That sounds good.

The trouble with posting the prizes, though, is that this charming individual has also been viewbombing, so...

Maybe you can post an uneditable SHEET with the prizes ? One step more work for a bomber...

Good point. However, this person would still be able to click on the lineage links and view codes that way. Maybe players can PM me and gain access to a link to a second form that way? I can easily make a copy of the current entry form that won't require signing in. I'm just brainstorming here though.

Oh my, I am so sorry Dragoness that you have to deal wich such childish behaviour. Is there any way to find out who is doing it? While entering you have to put in your scroll and PM link, can't we use it somehow?

It sucks because it makes our fun games of gifting so much more complicated.

No, instead of links, they put censorkip.gif this or that, unfortunately. It really does suck.

Thank you for all the suggestions and kind words, everyone.

Edited by The Dragoness

That may be the best way. Those who CAN sign in can do so; those who cannot can PM you for a list - and that way you KNOW who has been at it.

I agree with fuzzbucket, that sounds like the best way to go. Have either a duplicate form or a list or something for people without a google account to PM you for.

It's great to see the community spirit crushing the attempts to ruin things. smile.gif

Shame, seems whichever way this gets resolved will end up in "High maintenance"... a great pity. Wish I had some clever answers but I don't @@

* In the meantime just a reminder that I have PM'd you new links for the low time eggs that are now hatchies *

* In the meantime just a reminder that I have PM'd you new links for the low time eggs that are now hatchies *

I noticed, thank you! I haven't opened it yet on purpose; the bold text is going to be my reminder to myself to open it later on smile.gif

The second form is now ready for submissions. I've also added a small message to the second post about it just in case. So, those of you who don't have Google accounts, please PM me when you can and I'll send the link your way.

Edited by The Dragoness

I noticed, thank you! I haven't opened it yet on purpose; the bold text is going to be my reminder to myself to open it later on smile.gif

The second form is now ready for submissions. I've also added a small message to the second post about it just in case. So, those of you who don't have Google accounts, please PM me when you can and I'll send the link your way.

So we have to do this second form now too? Speaking for those of us who did the first form before the butthead ruined it.

So we have to do this second form now too? Speaking for those of us who did the first form before the butthead ruined it.

No, just the people without Google accounts. The form in the second post is for people were able to sign in. No one has to submit a second entry either.

Do i have to PM you, The Dragoness? Just for entering to win something.

I filled out the first form and just want to be sure if i should send you a PM, because i can't fill out that form without an account.

I will lurking around to be able to donate something. cool.gif