The Dragoness

Glittering Gold Giveaways [STATUS: CLOSED]

next time I'll lend you a cattle prod, She'll probably never be out of power again, lol! Glad you power came back Dragoness!

19 minutes ago, borntobefree said:

next time I'll lend you a cattle prod

tee hee :)

The Raffle is Now Open!

Enter here or in the second post. Good luck to everyone!

Edited by The Dragoness

Don't forget the raffle is Open for FREE Entries, lots of wonderful varieties to win and enter for! Get Entered, make a post & share the news so everyone knows it is open and ready! We don't want anyone to miss out, especially after everything Dragoness had to fight thru to bring this to us!!

Anyone interested in knowing, the leodon and lhindseyre (sorry for spelling) baby has only one parent with a palindrome code.

15 hours ago, Natayah said:

Don't forget the raffle is Open for FREE Entries, lots of wonderful varieties to win and enter for! Get Entered, make a post & share the news so everyone knows it is open and ready! We don't want anyone to miss out, especially after everything Dragoness had to fight thru to bring this to us!!

I entered, there's sooo many lovely lineages to chose from. Don't miss out ppl!!! :)

The Raffle is Now Closed!

A person--who shall remain anonymous as requested--has suggested a new raffle type that I found quite interesting. Ticket-based raffles! I'm sure most of you have heard of or participated in games like the Goldenscale Lottery or Holly Contest. The premise of this type of giveaway is fairly simple: complete a task to earn tickets. However, most of the lotto threads seem to have died. If anyone here is interested, I may add lottos to the rotation of raffles here or simply create a lotto-specific sister thread to GGG. Glittering Gold Lottery? XD I'll think of a better name if that ends up happening. Anyway, thoughts?

Edited by The Dragoness
Had a derp moment and missed a word

Lottery and Tickets? I probably won't be too excited about those, but I don't recall seeing that type of game so it'll be interesting! I think a GGL would work better, but I'll just see what others think :v

I don't care one way or the other about raffles, but I personally think, since you'd be adding more responsibility on yourself anyways, if you do end up doing a raffle you ought to have it be a monthly thing here (on the giveaway thread). But, then again, I'm simply not into redundancy; it's just, if I were you, I'd want one thread with everything, instead of multiples d:

Edited by sunshine_ley

~Winners~

CB Black hatchling - @Tish

CB Black Truffle hatchling - @TerraAnne

CB Pink hatchling - @Pryanka

CB Spinel hatchling - @howyun

3G Gold Tinsel x Radiant Angel - @Dracleia

5G Gold Tinsel x Terrae - @trystan

4G Gold Tinsel x mixed *deadline* - @trystan

4G PB Gold Tinsel *deadline* - @Wmctalon

4G Silver Tinsel x mixed *SA* - @purplehaze

3G Bronze Tinsel x Caligene - @tjenni

3G Gold Shimmer x Arcana - @Davichi

3G Gold Shimmer x Garland - @osean

6G Gold Shimmer x Heartstealing - @trystan

2G Silver Shimmer x Heartstealing - @Alectrona

2G Gold x Caligene - @Reshiram5875

2G Gold x Holly - @Tiki G

2G Gold x Ice hatchling *influenced female* - @BlueLatios

2G PB Gold Floret - @Tinibree

2G PB Black Capped Teimarr - @borntobefree

2G PB Golden Wyvern - @Wmctalon

2G Golden Wyvern x Radiant Angel - @sunshine_ley

2G Indigo Lunar from Gold Lunar x Blue Fire Gem - @Ruby Eyes

2G Skysilk x Mistletoe *SA* - @LadyShadowHeart

2G Lihnseyre x Leodon *palindrome code parents* - @Kigyptnee

2G Leodon x White *code parents* - @Sunrunner

2G Leodon x Royal Crimson - @Tinibree

3G Gold x Witchlight - @Rememberdrgns

3G Gold x Black/Magi *Thuwed, CB Hybrid* - @Izabelle

3G Gold x Mutamore - @bonvoyage

3G Gold x Wrapping Wing *SA* - @Seriva Senkalora

3G Gold x Shadow Walker *SAs* - @Varislapsi

3G Gold x Pacified Aegis - @Terces

3G Gold x Heartseeker - @Dracleia

3G Gold x Royal Blue - @tjenni

3G Gold x White - @rinoa26

3G Gold x Red Copper - @Ruby Eyes

3G Gold x White Zyu - @BlueLatios

3G Gold x Magi - @Izabelle

3G Gold x Gold Tinsel - @Kastriia

3G Leodon x Aqualis/Tinsel - @Tinibree

3G PB Day Glory - @osean

3G Chrono x mixed *SAs* - @Whirlaway

3G Red Dorsal x Gold Floret - @howyun

3G Magelight x Pumpkin *SAs* - @Seriva Senkalora

3G Golden Wyvern x Astrapi - @wheeloftime13

3G Golden Wyvern x mixed *all Thuwed base* - @rinoa26

4G Golden Wyvern x Bronze Shimmer - @Reshiram5875

4G Golden Wyvern x mixed *all Thuwed base* - @Natayah

4G Golden Wyvern x Heartseeker - @bonvoyage

4G Gold x White - @Kigyptnee

4G Gold x Shadow Walker/Red Copper *SAs* - @sunshine_ley

4G PB Gold - @TerraAnne

4G Aqualis x mixed blue *SAs - @Rosastrasza

@Justie's Voucher - @Wmctalon

Spoiler

The Dragoness' Voucher #1 - @wheeloftime13

Spoiler

A 3G Prize stair/checker from https://dragcave.net/group/3397

The Dragoness' Voucher #2 - @Tecca

Spoiler

Congratulations to the above players on your winnings and a great big thank you to the generous donors!

wow cool! thanks!

*off to message the person who got mine*

edit to ask: been meaning to ask, what does the SA mean? and if it's on a deadline, does that mean it's an emergency sprite?

thanks!

Edited by trystan
to avoid double-posting

39 minutes ago, trystan said:

edit to ask: been meaning to ask, what does the SA mean? and if it's on a deadline, does that mean it's an emergency sprite?

thanks!

SA - stands for Spriter's Alt and means that at least one of the ancestors in the line is a spriter's alt (version of a holiday dragon made for the exclusive use of the spriter of that dragon). Example

Deadline or Tombstone lineage is one where some (or a whole generation) of the ancestors are dead. Often used to neaten up a messy lineage. Example #1 or Example #2

#1 is from a time when dead dragons did not retain their lineages. #2 is from a later time and shows the lineages of all the dead ancestors if you click on the tombstones.

Edited by purplehaze

I'm not a big fan of lottery raffles, to be honest. It is more work for the raffle runner and not something I would participate in.

I have sent off PMs to the winners of my eggs. Will have to wait until one of them is picked up before I can claim the one I won.

@The Dragoness - I am really neutral about the suggestion you received, but am a little concerned about the extra work for you. Perhaps someone else could start such a thread separately if there is interest -- unless it is something that you would really like to do, of course.

@purplehaze - thanks for the explanation, that helps a lot!  i was seeing deadline as one word, not Dead Line/Lineage. XD 

@The Dragoness - i'm agreed with everyone saying that it would be more for you to do, but if you don't mind it (and i know these things take time and coordination), i could give it a whirl.

also, i've sent my prize (teleport link, anyway) to its winner, and have received two of my three (:blink:!) winnings already! :) 

Edited by trystan
clarification

Grats winners!

Sent my egg off to the lucky winner.

@TheDragoness, on your lottery idea.  I am a retired mod of Goldenscale Lottery, send me a PM if you want to talk shop.

Got my prize! Thank You to all the donors and a big big Thank You for all the work you do running the show Dragoness!

I'm not really sure what You mean by lottery, is it something like you have to submit a drawing(would love that!) in order to get the ticket to enter? instead of eggs why not make it for the use of specific banners or eggs on a banner. Or you'd have to have some way of making sure the prizes in the lottery are sufficient for such a lottery, not just anything from the AP will do.

Yay I won a couple things o3o thank you guys! I also jus sent out my prizes; did I forget to submit a hatchling of mine? Hm oh well cx to the departure thread it goes. Anyways, thanks @The Dragoness for the great raffle; looks like ye had a pretty good turnout c; I'm glad to have given some goldies.

3 hours ago, trystan said:

also, i've sent my prize (teleport link, anyway) to its winner, and have received two of my three (:blink:!) winnings already! :) 

Third on its way! Been offline most of today...

Congrats everyone!

I 2000% miss the BBB Raffle/Giveaway (Breeding Bonaza Thingie) that I did with my CB Prize for awhile. I got the idea from Vhale and wanted to do it, but didn't want to crunch all those numbers, then had someone who came up with the same idea basically for a player event and I was happy to toss in on it since they did the really crunch work, and they had stats and tracked them and had reasons for their breed choices and everything. For all you stat people out there, we love you! And I know a lot of people really enjoyed these sorts of events and they had the added benefit of helping with super common ratios, biome blockers, keeping the AP times down, etc. I'm not saying you would do that exactly, and I might even like to do something like that again, although it would be 100% super cool if I could get another Prize Owner or two or small group who would be ok with taking turns donating, or just breeding and whoever got the baby first donated (I always insisted it had to be a Holiday Mate, and if after a few attempts it didn't produce you had to have backups because I wasn't going to spend more than 2-3 tries on this thing max, otherwise he would go back to a proven mate and you got what you got.) And it would be have to be after I got the migraine thing down. Doc Appointment scheduled though!

Mostly because I also like donating to the really super awesome Player Raffles that you all do (I like to split them as I get them between here & Prize Lines Raffles, but I'd happily donate to other player raffles too that popped up if it fit their theme. He's not a Spriter's Alt, but I got other Spriters Alts I can send over to that one!) And since I don't really have extra CB Golds and Silvers and NDs generally lying around to donate, it is what I can donate that people can enjoy. 

So if you are thinking about something along the lines of anything related to that activity or others, and you got someone willing to count those things and hold the raffle/lotto, I would be in on the donating as well unless you want to make it exclusive to your own (which I 100% understand, if you run it and do it, things just go easier when you keep it all under your house). But if you want any feedback from that, I'm sure if people remembered some of those and the responses that people generally had to them (like people often had a lot of fun just with the breeding, even if they didn't win, and for the months we did it, the winners were all different each month, all very happy, and no one posted or every communicated to us about being "upset" about not winning or complained in threads). I think it depends on the activity. Sometimes people forget we had Miss Elizabeth's win a 2G by writing contest and the theme would change each time on what to write about on a short piece. So I mean... what activity you are doing, collecting, performing .... may be something more interesting than you think, can change up a lot, and may be something you already do. And if it is still not your cup of tea, 100% OK, we still are going to have plenty of raffles and gift exchanges ongoing for nice things for all players and types. So... no one freak out just in case you are starting to jump the shark! I know it's Shark Week, or was....

Finally got on tonight, & got my links sent out to the winners of my donations, as well as picked up mine - thank you for the fun code parents, anon!  Caught a sinking ship Sapphire in the AP the other day that your Leodon will go with nicely :lol:!

On ticket lottos, I guess I have no opinion?  I mean, that's pretty much how I won my Silver Tinsel, back when TJ held the raffles for Prizes at Christmas, if I remember correctly, so it was really the only time I participated in such a raffle, as I didn't feel comfortable before then coming out of lurker mode on the forums much.  It could always be tried as an experiment, & if it turned out to be too much work on top of everything else, maybe it only be an every-other-month thing, if you didn't want to cut it altogether?  Something like that.

49 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Third on its way! Been offline most of today...

ooh, thanks!

So I thought about it and here's what I came up with regarding the potential lottos. I agree with sunshine_ley that keeping things tidy is great, but I kind of want this thread to remain a "free" thread where no one is obligated to do anything before entering. So I would most likely start a new thread. The lottos would definitely be once a month or every other month as that would give me time to find some really nice prizes--CB Metals, 2G Prizes, popular CB uncommons, maaaybe 2G SAs, the like--that would be worth the work that goes into earning tickets. I also want this thread to be my main focus (at least until Secret Santa starts). I love hosting raffles and seeing how excited people get over their winnings, so the work doesn't concern me much. I may look into getting some help regardless, but I need to actually flesh out this idea some more.

@Natayah I would love it if you donated 2G Prize babies! I can offer some myself as well each month as I'm closing both Prize lists to focus on gifting. Whenever I get a chance I'll talk to some other owners that enjoy gifting to see if they want to form a little group like you mentioned. Maybe I'll be able to find some generous cave hunters too.

I haven't decided on an actual method for earning tickets yet. Catching, breeding, and gifting have all been done. I feel like people are reluctant to enter talent-based things like Toyo's old writing contest or the current Unoffical Discord drawing contest because they doubt their skills, so I'm hesitant to choose something like that. So I'm open to suggestions if anyone has something to offer. I'm going to keep brainstorming.

Edited by The Dragoness