The Dragoness

Glittering Gold Giveaways [STATUS: CLOSED]

Thank you for my eggy! :)

And congrats to all the winners!

Eggy PM sent out.

Thanks for hosting, The Dragoness!

Edited by Lagie

Thank you for my Win, I loved this round and its variety of stuff, Thank you for hosting it Dragoness, and thank you for everyone who participated and entered to win, and everyone who made such a really really wonderful diverse round of awesome dragons! And got the hatchlings sent out, enjoy and gratz to the winners!

Edited by Natayah

Congratulations to all winners!  I will be sending out pm’s to my winners today after work. 

I am thrilled to have won the Shimmer. Thanks so much to the breeder and to the Dragoness for hosting the raffle!

❤️❤️ Got  one of my prizes anyways so! ❤️❤️ Thank you for this and to the breeders :)

Wow! Very late to this, but good to know! Thanks, TJ!

I am starting to wonder if this thread could use some variety. But, being that I'm just the host, I want to hear from all of you on the participant side. Any comments will be appreciated.

Suggestions? Submit them here!

well the only thing I noticed is once in a while their is a prize no one put in for, so there's no winner, maybe a draw pot at the tag end from people who didn't win anything, I've noticed people win 3 prizes and in the same week people who won nothing, because they only tried on a couple of items. Can't win what you don't put in for, and that's fine, but put an extra check box at the end of the raffle asking if they want to be put into a miscellaneous draw for raffle prizes that get no one to try for them. Kind of a second chance draw.

4 hours ago, borntobefree said:

well the only thing I noticed is once in a while their is a prize no one put in for, so there's no winner, maybe a draw pot at the tag end from people who didn't win anything, I've noticed people win 3 prizes and in the same week people who won nothing, because they only tried on a couple of items. Can't win what you don't put in for, and that's fine, but put an extra check box at the end of the raffle asking if they want to be put into a miscellaneous draw for raffle prizes that get no one to try for them. Kind of a second chance draw.

I like that idea! I'll see how I can work that into the entry form, although I probably should make it optional just in case some people really only do want a specific prize.

On a similar note, how does everyone feel about raffle baskets? Kind of like Shae's old raffles if anyone remembers those. I would separate each existing category into subcategories. Baskets would contain no more than 4 prizes, but the exact count may be decreased for smaller raffles. You would not be aware of what's inside the basket until you win--just the general subcategory name and description. Now, being that we all have different tastes, I would ask that you do your best to provide nice things for these raffles rather than just a random Mint you plucked from the AP. Breeding vouchers and the 2G Silver Tinsel IOU would most likely remain the same as they are right now. I also want to mention that these "random" raffles would not replace the traditional raffles that I host now. They would just be a fun treat that I toss in, say, once a month. Any feedback? Good or bad, I would love to hear it!

4 minutes ago, The Dragoness said:

I like that idea! I'll see how I can work that into the entry form, although I probably should make it optional just in case some people really only do want a specific prize.

On a similar note, how does everyone feel about raffle baskets? Kind of like Shae's old raffles if anyone remembers those. I would separate each existing category into subcategories. Baskets would contain no more than 4 prizes, but the exact count may be decreased for smaller raffles. You would not be aware of what's inside the basket until you win--just the general subcategory name and description. Now, being that we all have different tastes, I would ask that you do your best to provide nice things for these raffles rather than just a random Mint you plucked from the AP. Breeding vouchers and the 2G Silver Tinsel IOU would most likely remain the same as they are right now. I also want to mention that these "random" raffles would not replace the traditional raffles that I host now. They would just be a fun treat that I toss in, say, once a month. Any feedback? Good or bad, I would love to hear it!

I definitely like that idea. Would add a little more mystery into the event, and less indecisiveness for those entering (because I can't be the only one who has no idea what to enter for because they're all so pretty :wub:)

This is also just a loose idea, but for one giveaway you could have people enter a dragon from one of their favorite lineages they own, or their favorite breed of dragon if that makes sense. I know a lot of people have a favorite breed and I think it would be nice to give away a lineage of it you've been working on personally for months, spreading your love for a particular breed to other people. It would stray away from the prize-dragon hype, and might encourage people to see the "normal" breeds of dragons differently!

Now Accepting Donations!

Our theme this week is checker lineages! Donate your favorite checkers, be them long or short, colorful or plain, holiday or regular. I look forward to seeing your lovely donations!

18 hours ago, chandelotic said:

I definitely like that idea. Would add a little more mystery into the event, and less indecisiveness for those entering (because I can't be the only one who has no idea what to enter for because they're all so pretty :wub:)

This is also just a loose idea, but for one giveaway you could have people enter a dragon from one of their favorite lineages they own, or their favorite breed of dragon if that makes sense. I know a lot of people have a favorite breed and I think it would be nice to give away a lineage of it you've been working on personally for months, spreading your love for a particular breed to other people. It would stray away from the prize-dragon hype, and might encourage people to see the "normal" breeds of dragons differently!

Glad Iii'm not the only one, i usually only put in for two or three, figure give others an chance and don't want to be greedy, lol. but that only left me with not winning anything the last couple times.

@Dragoness , yes i was meaning for it to be optional, guess that didn't really come across, Don't want to win something and then "be stuck with it" if it really isn't anything you wanted. Not that that is overbearing, its just some people have rules, like "must be named" I only name things when i breed them.

I am tossing in a variety of donations, including checkered things, along with other things - we always appreciate people donating and if you aren't sure what to donate, it is always good to think - what would I like to win? And if you aren't sure you can breed something you feel is "good enough" or because you don't really breed or feel you have nice enough checkers (although I know tons of people who LOVE common x common checkers, maybe you don't do a lot of breeding project time, I know I don't, I more combo and collect), people who are busy breeding and trading and things often don't have as much time to get other things like: Hunting CBs, growing their collections of Common CBs, everyone always needs more BSAs of every type, everyone loves hatchlings cuz we have more hatchling slots than egg slots, newer releases *(not necessarily the newest, just stuff in the past year or so) that others didn't get to collect as many as they wanted, etc. And with the AP, you can hunt lots of these things and Incuhatch/Hatch them even, and since people breed often nice things to the AP including checkers, it is ok to donate those too! You took the time to find it and Donate it, it doesn't matter that you didn't breed it!

So have fun, share that donations are open, feel free to be creative with what you want to breed (there were a lot of Prizes bred to the AP, find a nice one you don't want to keep, consider donating it!), find to donate, and watch for the time to take open for Entries so you and others that you might want to share it with can get involved and enter for another fun great round! 

Also, if you enjoy this raffle, or enjoy player events, or any of this stuff - Don't Forget to fill out the Survey Feedback for Dragoness so you can give feedback on things you want to see, don't want to see changed, what you love, any new ideas, etc. etc. and things like that. So fill it out its a page or two back but if you love this Raffle and Appreciate Dragoness, give feedback, even if it is "I love everything you do don't change anything or I will support everything you are awesome" or any other ideas, or you can always submit ideas, remember you can ALWAYS submit feedback and ideas via PM, donations, and things like that! Feedback and ideas, even if things are just how you like. Dragoness needs that feedback so she can make the best event possible and know what people are enjoying!

Only two eggs to donate this time (all my others wanted to be picky this week), but it's two of my favorite lines that produced. 🤩

Got mine in!  Sooo busy this weekend, thought I might be too late, but still in time, yay :lol:!

The Raffle is Now Open!

Good luck to all who are entering! I apologize for the slight delay. A friend decided to surprise me with some big news while I was in the middle of entering donations into the entry form, so I had to step away to do a happy dance for a few minutes. 

Also, update time! For future raffles, I will be adding a group link option for vouchers so that donors can offer multiple dragons for the winner to select from if they wish.

One of the options in the vouchers isn't selectable. The final one to be specific. 

I also thought I donated an actual egg beyond vouchers, but I did have a goof up so if i didn't that's fine. (I just want to be sure i didnt miss it before gifting the egg out elsewhere 4G guardian with salts)

Good luck to everyone though! lots of beautiful prizes!

Edited by Qualeo