PhantomoftheWolves

THE CUBS WON THE WORLD SERIES!

I am still in shock, I did not expect to see them win the World Series in my lifetime. I have to give it to them, they battled back in extra innings to beat the Indians (who couldn't close the deal with a 3-1 lead). Congratulations to the Cubs and their fans, that victory was well deserved.

On another note, Robert Zemeckis in Back to the Future II only got it wrong by one year, he predicted they'd win in 2015. smile.gif

Going to Chicago and open a curry and goat stew restaurant wink.gif .

I got to see the end of the game. My mom was crying really hard about it (tears of joy).

108 years. That's a long time, but they finally did it.

Congrats to them and all their fans! I'm very happy they won since it's been so long, even though I'm not a fan of baseball smile.gif

I'm not even a baseball fan and I'm really happy for them. I really can't not root for them since my dad has been a huge fan of them my whole life.

Also, Back to the Future was only a year off, how crazy is that lol

On another note, Robert Zemeckis in Back to the Future II only got it wrong by one year, he predicted they'd win in 2015. smile.gif

My Royals ruined that for them lolololololol

Well, the Mets ruined it for them technically, then my Royals destroyed the Mets.

I love baseball. wub.gif

I don't follow baseball but I feel really happy for the fans and the team, they sure did their wait!

I know, I'm so happy for them. I'm planning to watch Rookie of the Year later tonight to celebrate. smile.gif

I'm not into sportsball, but I'm pretty sure there was a line in some movie "when the Cubs win the world series". I can't remember what movie it was though.

one of the back to future movies i think

anyways im happy they won because i censorkip.gif*** hate cleveland. cleveland is a giant cesspool imho

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

My Royals ruined that for them lolololololol

Well, the Mets ruined it for them technically, then my Royals destroyed the Mets.

I love baseball. wub.gif

My Giants ruined it for your Royals the previous year! MadBum was an indomitable mountain for your team! 2014 is still the best WS I've ever seen. I love baseball as well.

I was touched to see fans writing the names of deceased Cubs fans who never got to see the team win on the walls of Wrigley. What a great memorial. wub.gif

I'm one of the people who's really sad about the Chicago's win. Even sadder for the Indian's loss. It would have been amazing had they pulled it off considering that Cleveland's Cavaliers (basketball) won their championship last winter. Lately I've noticed a lot of state pride has come about this year thanks to how well some of Ohio's sports teams have been playing.

Honestly, I'm really glad that the last game of the series got so intense. Extra innings in baseball always keeps you on the edge. Some of my coworkers stayed up the entire night (until 1am) to watch the game. Plus it would have been disappointing is the Cleveland Indians lost in a blowout.

QUOTE (

bigbite100)

108 years, very, very, very long wait laugh.gif

While not as long as the Cubs, the Indians' last World Series win was in the 1940s.

I thought it was wonderful that both teams this year hadn't won in such a long time. It gave both teams a lot of motivation. happy.gif

Edited by Daydreamer09

Blowing a 3-1 lead is the new curse. Golden State is rubbing that in Cleveland's face, despite not even being the same sport. laugh.gif

Blowing a 3-1 lead is the new curse. Golden State is rubbing that in Cleveland's face, despite not even being the same sport. laugh.gif

Just keep telling yourself that when the Buckeye State takes trophies home this year in college football. tongue.gif

Professional sports haven't always been Ohio's strong point. But when it comes to collegiate, that's nothing to scoff at.

Edited by Daydreamer09

I'm so happy my team won <3

I wore my Cubs shirt yesterday and my Eng teacher was so passive aggressive about it, he kept putting his Red Sox mug on my desk xd.png

Edited by Clya

YAY FINALLY!!! xd.png I went to sleep a 1:00 AM that night. It's like the whole city blew up. Im so censorkip.gif HAPPY!!