TJ09

2016-10-31 - Happy Halloween

More Witchlight thoughts:

- how do they keep their antlers from getting caught up in all the brambles they prowl through / sleep in.

- I noticed their feather placement reminds that of rats / mice (feet/tail naked). Not very informative observation but nonetheless, here it is.

- What if Witchlights raised by humans leave their owners as soon as they can hunt and fly, travel into remote locations like it is described, but they are always extatic when their owners come to visit them (although Witchlights themselves likely don't go out into human territory in order to visit their owners). Imagine an owner and their friend traversing a desolate forest in the dead of night, the owner calling for their dragon while the friend doesn't know it is a Witchlight, when they see soothing lights in the dark the friend recognizes them as dangerous and urges the owner to get out of here only to see that out of the dark a Witchlight jumps out to greet its owner and nuzzles them like some lost kitty.

I'm totally scared of these dragons. I mean, they are beautiful and gorgeous and I LOVE them, but if dragons were real these would haunt my nightmares. I sometimes suffer from hallucinations, and definitely paranoia, and I would *not* want to meet these dragons!

Random question, but are there printable charts people can use for breeding planning for stair steps and spirals? I can only find regular family tree forms, which don't work for those. O_O I was hoping someone had designed some.

Thanks

to everyone who works on this whole event, from the new helloween breed till the Minesweeper an all in between!

The new dragons look so great, I cant wait for mine to grow up and also can't wait to see the name of this newbee. laugh.gif

Edited by Draconis92

Random question, but are there printable charts people can use for breeding planning for stair steps and spirals? I can only find regular family tree forms, which don't work for those. O_O I was hoping someone had designed some.

What is it you want ? I make my own, but I'm not sure why it would be hard to do one - I just use tables in word, and merge cells all over the place.... Or you could do it in a spreadsheet - just outline the cells you need to use, and then print what you get...

I am just reeling in relief, having remembered about precog JUST in time to be able to correctly influence an egg; I was frantically trying to keep it from views but also alive while getting its potential mate to gender - and then I remembered. And there I never thought it would be that useful ! xd.png

Edited by fuzzbucket

They are very cool, I was hoping for a different color than the usual Halloween purple black or orange but these guys have lineage potential!

Thank You TJ and Spriters for another great release

OMG there is nothing in the cave but Mint and Chips, LOL CL and Mints. I've hit like 20 of them.

I see what you're doing there, 42 There is an army of Mints/Green M&Ms happening, MWAHAHAHA

Edited by saltywench

OMG there is nothing in the cave but Mint and Chips, LOL CL and Mints. I've hit like 20 of them.

I see what you're doing there, 42 There is an army of Mints/Green M&Ms happening, MWAHAHAHA

Pardon ? I only see CLs and Desipises...

Pardon ? I only see CLs and Desipises...

ah, a lot of the eggs in the AP are 2nd gens. with a mint parent.

Courtesy of 42 I'm sure.

Haven't seen any witchlights go through the AP in awhile; I caught two earlier but I guess they're starting to thin out?

OH ! Got it ! (me not using the AP just now as I am so VERY locked; I just went to take a quick look, and...!)

Haven't seen any witchlights go through the AP in awhile; I caught two earlier but I guess they're starting to thin out?

i saw some last night, and missed them, but haven't seen any today.

Oooh neat! They're so purple and floofy! I can see how people are reminded of Pokemon such as Spiritomb or Mismagius, but what with the glowy green eyes and raven theme and how they can show others their worst fears I'm reminded of Professor Screw-Eye from "We're Back".

Now.. reading the breed description and extra info I wonder who would have the upper hand in a hypothetical encounter between a Desipis, a Caligene, and a Witchlight??

Oooh neat! They're so purple and floofy! I can see how people are reminded of Pokemon such as Spiritomb or Mismagius, but what with the glowy green eyes and raven theme and how they can show others their worst fears I'm reminded of Professor Screw-Eye from "We're Back".

Now.. reading the breed description and extra info I wonder who would have the upper hand in a hypothetical encounter between a Desipis, a Caligene, and a Witchlight??

I was thinking about this too xd.png personally I'd put my money on Desipises, as they actively can control minds rather than just make illusions and are so full of mana. Caligenes would probably lose to both because, even though they have a draining effect on things around them, it sounds like a rather slow and subconscious process rather than a direct killing tool.

Of course, all three might be in trouble if a few friendly bigger dragons and a Cassare showed up to fight them :'D

I was thinking about this too xd.png personally I'd put my money on Desipises, as they actively can control minds rather than just make illusions and are so full of mana. Caligenes would probably lose to both because, even though they have a draining effect on things around them, it sounds like a rather slow and subconscious process rather than a direct killing tool.

Of course, all three might be in trouble if a few friendly bigger dragons and a Cassare showed up to fight them :'D

The Desipis might have trouble fighting off a Witchlight if it didn't know the Witchlight was there... wink.gif

Haven't taken the crown of favorite Halloween, but I do like them. Marrows are still my top though.

Also, thank you to the late breeders. I completely missed the 2015 Halloween dragon as I was packing, packing my cubes, picking my boyfriend up from the airport and just generally really busy getting ready for my move from PA to NE last year at this time and completely forgot about the release. Just locked with a bunch of gen 2 Calignea after watching the AP for about an hour. =3

As I told my friend while I was painting it last night...

user posted image

I think this picture is the best thing about the release.

I like these. I wouldn't say I love them, but they might grow on me--it's happened before. I also get more of a gryphon vibe from them than dragon. On the other hand they're fabulously done, I really like the description, and I love that they're purple. I've been wanting an awesome purple Halloween for years (Lurkers look closer to black on my screen).

I am now Egg- AND Hatchie- locked...that doesn't happen very often...only at holidays like this...xd.png

Edited by VioletWhirlwind

The s2s are my favorite sprites from this line up, but lurkers still steal my heart as my fave Halloween, although I just might have to breed these with female anagallis. Y'know, if I can actually remember to influence what I breed. =_=

*cautiously gives a scritch scritch scritch*