TJ09

2016-10-31 - Happy Halloween

user posted image

- Witchlight dragons are consummate opportunists, subsisting quite well on carrion when no fresh prey is available to them. Their strong digestive systems allow them to consume even rancid meat with confidence, and they will eat every digestible part of a kill - including the bones. Because of this, the victims of Witchlight predation have often been said to vanish into thin air.

- These nocturnal hunters have adapted to a lifestyle of stealth. The soft feathers coating their bodies muffles the sound of their movements, and they are not known to growl or roar at all. A Witchlight will huff or snap its jaws together when excited or irritated, but will otherwise remain eerily silent.

- A Witchlight dragon's illusions will tailor themselves to the unique fears and comforts of individual prey, presumably by playing off their own perceptions and weaponizing them. Some may be lured into oblivion by fantasies of warmth and safety, while others will be taunted with manifestations of their own paranoia and insecurity. Whichever form the magic takes, a Witchlight will not strike down its prey until their resolve is thoroughly broken.

- While Witchlight dragons are perfectly capable fliers, they hunt on foot and reserve flight mainly for the practical matter of traveling. The exposed leather of their wings makes too much noise in motion to be useful for stalking and ambush.

- The glow of a Witchlight's eyes and markings has an inherent alluring quality to it. They are capable of controlling the extent to which their eyes and markings glow, and use those in conjunction with their illusions to lure prey. However, they cannot control their own glow while they sleep: in order to remain hidden in their bramble-thicket nests and prevent their glow from attracting unwanted attention, they will wrap their wings tightly against their sides and tuck their heads under the sheltering darkness of their wings.

- Witchlights are solitary but not necessarily ornery. They make doting, attentive parents and will visit members of their families long after they've grown and established their own hunting grounds. Mother Witchlights will meticulously coat their newly-laid eggs with downy feathers preened from their own bodies in order to keep them warm and protected from the elements.

- It was once said by a particularly fortunate traveler that Witchlight dragons enjoy scritches, but few have dared to test that claim.

Oooh, gorgeous. Dem textures. <3

Maybe what they wanted all along was just love and scritches. D':

Do you do the profile art before you know a concept is picked, or after?

Perhaps I can keep some of these at strategical places around the valley. That ought to keep intruders away from this witch's personal hermitage. >:)

such beautiful and scary dragons! thankyou odeen smile.gif

*goes off to give her witchlights some scritches*

Edited by greycat

THEY'RE SO BEAUTIFUL!!!! NEW FAVORITE DRAGON ALERT!!!

I wish they weren't halloweens so I could breed them all year round rolleyes.gif

Thank you so much for the beautiful new dragons and the added information!! Before the Halloween event I posted on the speculation thread hoping for something raven/owl inspired - I can't believe it actually happened wub.gifwub.gif

Oooh, gorgeous. Dem textures. <3

Maybe what they wanted all along was just love and scritches. D':

Do you do the profile art before you know a concept is picked, or after?

After, especially for holidays where there isn't any way of knowing what was picked until the moment it happens. For regular releases I admit I'm usually just lazy or busy. I started this one two or three days ago.

After, especially for holidays where there isn't any way of knowing what was picked until the moment it happens. For regular releases I admit I'm usually just lazy or busy. I started this one two or three days ago.

Wow... So you do not know that your dragon was picked until you see them on TJ's post? Also, how long will you have to wait before you get your spriter's alt?

Edited by arjunvohra

Everybody, breed these pretty so we will have beautiful lines next year at Halloween. I want all I can get then. laugh.gif

This year's Halloween dragons are beautiful!

As usual, the game and collectables were great too. Thanks to everyone involved in bringing this wonderful event to us each year. biggrin.gif

Oh my, feathered dragons!:wub: And they're purple too.

Thanks for the lovely new dragons, Odeen!

Their coloring reminds me of Mutamore Dragons. Nice!! laugh.gif

Edited by NekoA

Omg I loooove these!! The female pose is especially my favorite ^.^ It's going to look so cute with Male Golds, I can already envision this in my head.