TJ09

2016-10-31 - Happy Halloween

Remember, this website is still a business. The more people accessing the website, the more revenue generated from the website's ads.

If everyone knew up front that their cure/spread efforts wouldn't matter, they wouldn't have bothered playing the game and thus wouldn't have visited the site so much. $$$$$

The event text stated from the get-go that no permanent changes would be made to any dragons. There was never any illusion that something would come out of it.

And it was entirely possible for the spreaders to win, there were just a lot more people doing cure.

One of mine hatched while I was sleeping! I didn't get to see the blinky eyes, but hopefully I'll be able to see it in the rest of my eggs. I've seen some in the hatcheries, though, and they are so awesome!

I'm happy with witch being a male too. I like that his code doesn't generalize gender.

Yaaas his name is Witch and he wants you to respect his life choices.

The event text stated from the get-go that no permanent changes would be made to any dragons. There was never any illusion that something would come out of it.

And it was entirely possible for the spreaders to win, there were just a lot more people doing cure.

While I'm not bothered by how spreading was handled, I am disappointed in the lack of an ending announcement. Not that I expected anything to change, but just because it lacks closure. What exactly happened? What was the virus? What would it have done? It's strange to have it just... go away, without any kind of fanfare.

Woah, did anyone notice that the egg sprite with a large hole in it is a gif? Every so often, a little pair of white eyes blinks from the gap blink.gif ........... Have the "hole" egg stages always done that?

Edit: *Reads thread* Nope guess not. Heh. I saw the tail end of the blink animation when I scrolled upon my scroll page, and I was so sure I had just been seeing things. xd.png That's a very nice touch.

Edited by digipup

The eggs blinking at me is the best thing I've seen outside of an event! In all my years of playing, nothing has made me double take and smile so big. I'm in love <3

I am loving the blinking egg. Thanks, Odeen!

Now this is the egg to freeze! Awesome release and games TJ and thanks to Odeen also for an awesome Dragon.

Ooohhh! I cannot wait for them to grow up! Is it just me, or do they look like the flying monkeys from the wizard of Oz? So cute.

I thought the same thing biggrin.gif

LOVE the blinky eyes! So awesome.

Looks like AP are all soo delicious... If only I had spaceee. I haven't seen any born on the 31st yet come through, so there's lots more to come.

Edit; aw I see badges, but I didn't get one. What were the requirements, did you have to be there on the 31st? x-x I usually never miss Halloween but I was so busy!

Edited by Nightwalkerkey

You had to play the minesweeper game and beat it to get the badge this year.

You had to play the minesweeper game and beat it to get the badge this year.

Oh I swear I won a couple times. Ah well! Is there only one badge, the cure, or two, one for spread?

Oh I swear I won a couple times. Ah well! Is there only one badge, the cure, or two, one for spread?

Two. If you chose cure you get the cure badge, if you chose spread you get the spread badge. I went spread and got a little virus. Not sure what cure is.

Two. If you chose cure you get the cure badge, if you chose spread you get the spread badge. I went spread and got a little virus. Not sure what cure is.

user posted image Cure Badge

user posted image Spread Badge

Here you go. You too, NightWalkerKey. ^-^

Ah. A little caduceus. Makes sense. xd.png Still like the spread badge better so glad I went with that.

... Just realize those of us who went spread, we're not totally bereft. The new types of zombie could be due to the infection. Maybe that's why pygmies and drakes can be zombies now but couldn't before. (Is totally making stuff up, but that's OK. ;p)

Thanks goes to everybody on the credits list. Another great DC Halloween smile.gif

Can't wait to see the adults! biggrin.gif

I didn't find any prizekin and only one G3 SA-kin this year yet. Blah! But the AP's not to the 31st last I looked so I guess there's still hope.

Found a surprising number of Caligene x Gold though. That must've been a really common pairing, even considering how common it is to breed Gold x Holiday in general. Or else RNGesus just felt like throwing Goldkin at me.

Also, Monarch x Halloween! Gorgeous, but so many of 'em! Then again, I can see why. Very nice combo.

Had very bad luck with the zombies this year. Only one success. I do have a two-head zombie now, so yay, but I've got a long way to go to finish my collection!

Am I the only one who is somewhat reminded of spiders by the new '16 Halloweens? The whole cottony soft thing being found in brambles, and the look of the egg, and the way the S1s are all thin and dark. We'll see with the grownups tho'.

Edited by Lurhstaap

Well only got 2 more AP eggs because hatchie-locked xd.png Awesome that there's still Halloween eggs in the AP biggrin.gif *wants to grab more* xd.png

Eggs started to hatch and they are blinking?! Haven't been able to lurk on here so that was a surprise.

Looking at the egg wall at EATW and see those spooky little eyes blink first here, then there, then everywhere... Just amazing !

This is the first moving sprite on DC ever, isn't it ? Super-special Halloween ! laugh.gif

Edited by Lantean_Pegasus