TJ09

2016-10-31 - Happy Halloween

An animated egg? What a time to be alive! That's really awesome. Gave me quite a start when I suddenly noticed my eggs blinking at me haha

And I gave my cat a scare when I just squeaked at that discovery! laugh.gif

Animated egg...I think we may just get more in the future now *nod*.

One of my Fluff-Brambles has hatched and I have named her...but if I am being honest, this naming system needs some work. It's hard to find unique names without that stupid message saying

'The name you entered is already in use. Names must be unique; try again with a different name.'

Well that name was unique, but apparently I can't use it for what reason? Is it used as part of a name? Is it a single name for somebody's dragon?

I finally settled on Auhoaraa, it reminds me of Aurora and is a nod to the possible Maleficent idea. The fun part is that it means friendship, which probably doesn't apply though xd.png.

For those hoping to get Halloween 2016 eggs in the AP, the eggs are still on the 30th. I just checked a marrow to be sure.

Also, all of my eggs have hatched now. Yay!

Animated egg...I think we may just get more in the future now *nod*.

One of my Fluff-Brambles has hatched and I have named her...but if I am being honest, this naming system needs some work. It's hard to find unique names without that stupid message saying

'The name you entered is already in use. Names must be unique; try again with a different name.'

Well that name was unique, but apparently I can't use it for what reason? Is it used as part of a name? Is it a single name for somebody's dragon?

I finally settled on Auhoaraa, it reminds me of Aurora and is a nod to the possible Maleficent idea. The fun part is that it means friendship, which probably doesn't apply though xd.png.

It is a single name.

If it was a part of a name the message wouldn't pop up

Before I added giggly to the end of all of my dragon names, I struggled to find a name that wasn't in use too.

But usually adding an additional "s" or changing an i to a 1 or stuff like that will work.

I checked the wiki to see the eyes and my first reaction was that of a woman seeing something cute. *Gasp* *Aww!* rolleyes.gif

Now i want to see that on my own eggs! Trying to lurk them out with the promise that they can burn something down just for fun. laugh.giftongue.gifwink.gif

I am raising Halloween eggs far away from orphanages and other places that you don't want to burn down.

Oh My Gosh!!! LOVING the animated eggs!!!!<3 <3 <3 <3

ETA: Just checked TJ's hatchies...they look awesome..Hmmm I see one more fav dragon in my list lol

Edited by geminia

Having a scroll surname helps:P

Aurora is from Latin and means dusk as far as I know:P The very reason I used it as a root in these: https://dragcave.net/lineage/yQiZG tongue.gif

Ah!! One of my eggs is blinking at me! wub.gif I want to poke my finger at it, but I'm afraid of what might happen.

....*pokes*

I'm excited to see my eggs start blinking at me! I adopted mine a little late and they're not even cracking yet, but I got to see one by going to a hatchery. This is amazing!

Three of my eggs have hatched! biggrin.gif it's so exciting

The other three hatch tomorrow (i ran out of incubates lol)

Two of mine have hatched and the other 5 are staring at me through their eggs. I shouldn't be nervous, but they look kinda hungry.

blink.gif

....*back away slowly*

Silvi's Lair is cute with all those blinking eyes looking at you! xd.png

I keep forgetting Halloween was Monday. I was expecting TJ's to be adults already.  rolleyes.gif

I came here expecting them to be adults too, though for me it was because I thought it was Thursday today. xd.png

+really want to hoard more of the new Halloweens.. sadly I ran out of incubates, so I need to wait until tomorrow to attempt for new eggs. Right now I have my fingers crossed for a trade.

Edited by SkyWolf25

I already love the new dragons but i am a little disappointed that we just get another standard-breeding group dragon.

I always am hoping for our first special event Drake or Two-headed. Or another Pygmy breed. Pumpkins are not enough!

TJ should use his magic to made his witch female. Witch is female and a male would be witcher. There exist a few words in English for who the gender is set.

Ooohhh! I cannot wait for them to grow up! Is it just me, or do they look like the flying monkeys from the wizard of Oz? So cute.

For those hoping to get Halloween 2016 eggs in the AP, the eggs are still on the 30th. I just checked a marrow to be sure.

Also, all of my eggs have hatched now. Yay!

woha thanks, I totally forgot they are still available! biggrin.gif

grabbed 5 fine lineages already and am - as every year - sad again about ugly lineages. I will never understand, why people don't put some thought in their breedings. Wasting a checker lineage with spriter's dragons in it !!! on a totally different not at all matching stairstep-lineage - WHY? ohmy.gif

I was on Valley Sherwood, adding my eggies, when I noticed movement below in the ER, that's when I found out they blink. It is sooo cool and spooky, all those cracking eggs, blinking.

woha thanks, I totally forgot they are still available!  biggrin.gif

grabbed 5 fine lineages already and am - as every year - sad again about ugly lineages. I will never understand, why people don't put some thought in their breedings. Wasting a checker lineage with spriter's dragons in it !!! on a totally different not at all matching stairstep-lineage - WHY?  ohmy.gif

There are people who look at a checker or stair or spiral and find that boring and or ugly.

There exist users who really find so named "messy" lineages very beautiful. To each as he/she likes it.

And then messy lineages are sought after for freezing... wink.gif

Edited by Tigerkralle

I already love the new dragons but i am a little disappointed that we just get another standard-breeding group dragon.

I always am hoping for our first special event Drake or Two-headed. Or another Pygmy breed. Pumpkins are not enough!

TJ should use his magic to made his witch female. Witch is female and a male would be witcher. There exist a few words in English for who the gender is set.

Originally "witch" was a gender neutral term in English until the 1600s. Etymology aside, I wish Witch was female, too. But I'm okay if he stays male.

Mine mostly hatched, so no more animation. That last egg stage was such a blink-and-you'll-miss-it thing laugh.gif

I have to admit I'm annoyed at how the game ended. We should have been told beforehand that the cure would end up winning no matter how much we tried to spread. That was a letdown.

Remember, this website is still a business. The more people accessing the website, the more revenue generated from the website's ads.

If everyone knew up front that their cure/spread efforts wouldn't matter, they wouldn't have bothered playing the game and thus wouldn't have visited the site so much. $$$$$

Originally "witch" was a gender neutral term in English until the 1600s. Etymology aside, I wish Witch was female, too. But I'm okay if he stays male.

Witch is still technically gender neutral today, it's just most commonly used for women.

I like that (witch) is male. Let him live his life!

Witch is still technically gender neutral today, it's just most commonly used for women.

I like that (witch) is male. Let him live his life!

I'm happy with witch being a male too. I like that his code doesn't generalize gender.

Hatchies all hatched and fogged for safety. Super excited to see the adult sprite. And glad there is still a Halloween wall in the AP!