ValidEmotions

Homesick || OOC || Open

It's a nicely done character sheet but... I don't know how conventional it is to have a spaceship as the moving body... Vost isn't going to fit at all within the city and, if Thinker never leaves the ship, how are you planning on interacting with other characters?

Edit: So I'm terrible at sizing and I've been informed that Vost is more the size of a one-man cruiser from Star Wars. I still don't know how you planned for interaction to occur between other characters.

Edited by Narvix

That's what the Proxy is for. It's SOP for Thinker to deploy the Proxy if Vost himself wound be unsuitable for the situation. Vost can also use the Dataprobe to move air particles and approximate speech while in-atmosphere.

Edited by SogYothoth

Something small I want to add, about timing and such. The exchanges between Thinker and Vost that will likely appear in every post take place in nanoseconds. There wouldn't be a big delay while the two banter mid-action.

The first event has happened! Before you post, it is important to read this info here:

June:

A short, stout woman with long blonde hair currently done up in a bun. Her skin is somewhat pale and very faintly freckled. She's noted to be wearing an oversized, red sweatshirt with Aeropostale stitched across in thick, white lettering. She appears to be in her twenties.

Unnamed [Thrax]:

A startling tall (nearly 9 feet!), amphibian-looking creature. Possessing dark green, slimy skin with brown spots, this character looks kind of like a bipedal frog with giant, blue eyes and a tan underbelly. Voice suggests male. It's wearing a blue, skintight suit peeking out from underneath brown trousers and an off-white tunic. In its nimble fingers, it's got what appears to be a control panel.

New Location:

Everyone's been abruptly moved to an undecorated room. Some might describe it as the inside of a bunker. There's a single, very large, monitor behind the strange pair that is currently displaying a satellite image of the world everyone is presently on. Beyond that, it's kind of dark due to poor lighting, and there's only the raised platform everyone is standing on; looking down on the strangers.

Arrival:

It was abrupt, no indication given. And everyone's disoriented from it. No one landed on their feet. Think of the most awkward, cringe-worthy dog-pile that you can come up with. That's basically the situation.

I only count four characters in the roleplay who are from canon universes (that I know of), and my own character is technically non-canon, so I'm sure it's fine to enter with something you've made up! (Let me know if I'm getting something wrong Val.)

Thank you. smile.gif

Username: Starphyre77

Is Called: Almidi of tegni Nemar

Species: Kinthran

World of Origin: Mojhar

Appearance: Almidi is a 5’3” (1.6m) tall humanoid, with a slender but wiry build and medium to light grey skin. Her nose is smaller and sharper than the typical human’s, and her grey eyes are slightly larger than humans’ and are so dark they appear almost black. She has the mark of tegni Nemar tattooed along the bottom of her right eye socket. Her hands have three fingers and an opposable thumb which are each a knuckle longer than human fingers, and her feet have three toes. The small talons on the ends of her fingers and toes serve the same function as human fingernails.

Her light blue, hair-like feathers reach to the middle of her back and when she’s on duty are usually worn in a bun held up by a hair stick. When she is off duty, how she wears her feathers depends upon her mood and what she’s doing. She doesn’t have human-like ears, but rather what can only be described as ear-holes located at about the same height as a human’s ears but a little further back; inside the feather-line. She is wearing a pale blue undershirt tucked into tan pants which are tucked into black, low-calf boots. Her dark blue over tunic reaches her calves and the front is open from the sternum down.

Personality: Almidi is generally even tempered and patient, and treats others with the same respect she hopes to be treated with. She doesn’t like conflict and will often try to act as mediator if no one else does. However, if push comes to shove, she will do what is necessary to defend herself and those she cares about. She does have the typical Kinthran curiosity that sometimes makes her seem a bit naïve, but she most certainly is not. While Kinthrans tend to play things close to the vest and give vague answers, Almidi has found that doing so can cause problems in her field so she is doing her best to curb that tendency.

Weapons: Almidi would prefer not to have to use weapons but if there are no other options, she will defend herself with whatever weapons are at hand.

Powers: Perfect recall memory like all Kinthrans have, but while her intelligence may be slightly above average, she is nowhere near a super-genius.

Skills: Almidi is a navigator on an interstellar starship.

Other: Almidi is not her true name, but her true name is never to be spoken outside her tegni enclave. Also, she has an affinity for ancient Earth music.

Alright, she's accepted smile.gif you can hope right in where the Event drops everyone or you can do a quick catch up (write before and after the Event).

i'm still interested in joining but how would it work now that everyone was already teleported and started talking?

It's still easy enough to just slip right in. You can either make a rather long post to start from the beginning and end at our current position, or you can pick up at the second teleport and start at the platform.

Made a new sheet for my character to replace the old one, now that I've actually solidified who she is and what she's like. tongue.gif It's a lot less messy now. I've made some changes to the appearance and abilities, and overhauled the personality (I'm going to try and ease the personality changes into my posts as we go along, so it's not a sudden transition), but other than that everything is pretty much the same, so no posts have to be edited because of this. I just wanted to make it tidier and up-to-date.

Username: skwerl56767

Name: Pusher Model 56, ID 767. (Basically a tanky mech.) Due to a previous mishap with a broken speaker, her nickname is "Fiddlesticks". I know, isn't it ridiculous? She has a pilot named Cyrii.

Age: Fiddlesticks was made only weeks ago. Cyrii, her pilot, is 29 in her years (about 18 for humans).

Species: Cyrii = Xinschi-uual. Fiddlesticks = mech/android combination. Thanks to some illegal modifications Cyrii made to her mech, Fiddlesticks is able to completely function on her own without her pilot's help, even though she isn't supposed to.

World of Origin: OC. Planet Zirhon in the Milky Way

Appearance: New colored image. Because Cyrii is drawn to scale, I'll clarify her: she is a foot-tall, cold-blooded reptilian built like an otter, with four digits on each limb and a wedge-shaped head. She has orange scales with dark stripes and three large, solid, off-white eyes, two on either side of the head and one in the middle. Both forepaws sport two thumbs and two fingers, and she wears the standard Xinschi-uual soldier uniform. Her helmet is a device she manufactured herself that links her more directly to Fiddlesticks' mind, and encases 2/3rds of her face. Cyrii tends to stay anonymous inside Fiddlesticks' head where she is safe, though in stressful times she will exit the mech, usually with a weapon in hand.

Fiddlesticks stands up to 10 feet tall (with the ears down); her eye's intensity changes depending on her emotions. Not seen in the image are four panels on the underside of her head: the larger two under the tail piece are the entry panels for Cyrii. The smaller set under her eye is the retrieval panel, which has smaller, robotic clamp arms inside.

Personality: Cyrii is defiant, stubborn, and latches onto grudges easily, but with enough time to think she will still lean toward the rational side. She tries vainly to control her violent impulses, but she still has anger flares even at the slightest of things, and is insistent about doing things the way she wants to even if she gains no support for it (and ends up learning the hard way as a result). She strives toward a reputation for being the strongest adversary out there, which doesn't help her decisions when it comes to going off and doing her own thing versus following orders and advice; when all is considered in the end though, she will still submit to anything clearly superior to her. She values Fiddlesticks's opinions over anyone else's, but will still consider those of her peers. She has a deep enthusiasm for robotics and AI, and she has exercised plenty of her hacking techniques on her mech without permission from the Empire she's supposed to be fighting for.

Fiddlesticks' AI is "mapped" to Cyrii's, meaning her pilot went through an extensive personality-examination test to ensure that they both thought and agreed on similar things; essential for cooperation, considering that Xinschi-uual mechs aren't supposed to be able to move on their own without a pilot. So for the most part, Fiddlesticks' personality is a lot like Cyrii's with a few tweaks thanks to her base programming: she has less self-preservation, for one, and will stand up to anything even if it kills her; however, she is fiercely overprotective of her pilot to the point of violence. She is also a thrill-seeker; boredom is the bane of her. The mech herself is fairly psychotic, with hardly any acknowledgement of it, but with Cyrii's help she tries to simulate normal things like remorse (this will become more prevalent later on). Cyrii's constant tweaking of her mind also gives her some room to try manipulation techniques, and she actively tries to collect and digest as much information as she can in one sitting.

Note: because Cyrii almost never leaves Fiddlestick's head, they're constantly influencing each other's decisions, so when separated they have noticeable personality changes; Fiddlesticks in particular.

Weapons: Cyrii does have an electrical weapon, but it is only meant to stun enemies her size. She is otherwise defenseless and rarely exits her mech. The other abilities are all on Fiddlesticks:

-Turrets: Three-barreled, tip each arm. Fire scatter-shot rounds; more effective at close range (low DPS, high bullet count)

-Bayonets: Short; one on the outer side of either turret.

-Missile Launchers: Located in the shoulder casings. Missiles explode on impact, but are long-range and take time to lock onto a target.

-Last-Defense Lasers: Four, small, and semi-precise. Located around the eye. Emit high heat that can be controlled, but greatly lose efficiency the further the target is. Not used often.

Powers:

-Ammunition Fabricators: Creates ammunition by using compounds derived from materials (metal, rock, etc.) that have been "eaten", using the retrieval panel's arms. Waste from this process is compressed into an alloy that is spat out later. The useful compounds are used to supply the turrets and missile launchers.

-The Eye's Pupil: Acts like a solar panel. Concave surface absorbs energy to recharge the internal battery, which powers the lasers, electromagnetic defenses, and some internal functions.

-Electromagnetic "Ears": Two large pieces of metal along the tail piece that contain electromagnets. By manipulating the current through them, Fiddlesticks can attract all metal projectiles toward the ears as a minor defense, repulse them if they're moving slowly enough, and even use "shrapnel" defense by rapidly alternating between the two to blast attracted objects away from her, causing close collateral damage.

-Scanner: Simple enough, a scanner within a slot located under the lower left laser head. Scanning objects places a red grid projection on them. It can only pick up physical data.

Skills:

Power-Jump Pistons: One joins each of Fiddlesticks' thighs and heels. Jumping straight up (she can jump up to five times her own height!) is built into her system, but she also figured out how to long-jump with them to cross gaps and to alter the force used in each leg so she can jump off of slanted surfaces on an angle.

Melee Combat: The mech wasn't initially built for this. With some analytical help from Cyrii, she learned how to be more versatile with her bayonets and use her power-jumping pistons to her advantage. She still prefers bullets over kicking guys into the wall though.

Hacking: The skill is specific to Cyrii, since for the most part Fiddlesticks will just brute-force things despite actively thinking about bypassing in a more clever manner. During her schooling Cyrii spent a lot of time studying AI and software engineering, but since being assigned to a grueling factory job by her Empire her skills have slackened considerably. However, with the right observations and knowledge, she is a decent hacker and can configure machinery "just to get the job done; no promises on the self-imploding part".

Other: Zirhon has a predominately carbon-dioxide atmosphere. Fiddlesticks can recycle air within her for up to 8 days, but breathing can be a complication for these two.

Link to my old sheet, just in case. There are some things that could be double-referenced in it, but it's not entirely accurate anymore.

Bit of free-reign time! Feel free to do as you please, short of destroying everything wink.gif

A few options:

Eat in the cafeteria.

Mingle with your fellow confused individuals.

Explore the gallery full of research books and information that would be open to the public.

Take a chance at sneaking into restricted areas.

You are not limited to these options so, if you want to try/come up with something else, you are free to toss the idea at me. smile.gif

EDIT: To kind of help figure out where everything is -

Freemode time!

Want to give everyone a chance to explore on their own (or with others) without being dragged around everywhere

This is a good time to insert any quick subplots

Or something

Feel free to shape the first two floors as well

Cafeteria will be on first floor

Books and such for research are on second floor

Lobbies and lounge areas are scattered throughout the two floors

There's also a giant fish tank on the top floor

Full of strange aquatic life

Edited by Narvix