SpyroForLife

Naming Eggs!

This would be so useful to help me distinguish my eggs when I put them on fansites than just remembering codes. It would also prevent any kind of accidents involving influence if I can clearly see that red egg is the one I have named to be female and not that one. People name inanimate objects all the time, why not a live egg?

I'd also like to be able to name my lettle tree so badlyXD

I would love to be able to name my leetle tree too, but I just can't see a reason for naming eggs. If they are being kept, not traded during Holiday events, it really isn't too much work to just peek at the egg's code/lineage before sending it off. I've traded Halloweens for quite some time now and have never had an issue with this, but that's just my perspective.

It would still be a nice way to tell yourself "Yes, I definitely am keeping this egg", because mistakes DO happen. And it would be helpful in figuring out which Arsani you are holding to trade without having to open up multiple pages to check.

Just because it isn't too much work for you, doesn't mean it isn't for someone else.

Case in point: I have Carpal Tunnel (18 years of using my hands constantly) and doing extra crap PHYSICALLY HURTS at times. Even with my hand braces. Checking and re-checking stuff to send off to people sucks for me. unsure.gif Should I just stop playing DC? rolleyes.gif

I'm sure there's tons of people who don't want to open up any more tabs than they need to.

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like Shadowgirl123 was jumped on a bit. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and they even said "that's just my perspective." There's no need to "yell" with text (I do feel your pain though, predator, as my mom has carpal tunnel and it drives her insane).

I support this, even though it wouldn't help me out much personally either. I can see how people who trade often would appreciate it and that's a good enough reason to provide my vote smile.gif

i don't really think 2 disagreeing replies constitute "yelling"

support -- no harm in this, plus would be useful for keeping track of things, as others have stated

I support this. Some times I think up a nice name for a dragon while it's still an egg, and it's easy to have forgotten it by the time it actually hatches.

And as mentioned before, it's a good way to separate the eggs you do want to keep from the ones you want to trade so you don't make any mistakes and don't have to triple check.

Just because it's not necessary to some players, it's not something that would disturb anyone, it's a feature that already exists for hatchlings, and it'd be practical to a bunch of others, so why not?