AroaraAngelwolf

Let there be Dragons!

Such strange creatures, Dragon Borns. Their voices sounded too high, too shallow. They didn't possess the same deep resonance that dragons had. Probably due to the fact they lacked the broad chests of dragons. Ruva was unsettled by it. They were so similar to humans, despite what physical dragonesque features they might have had. The one Dragon Born questioned where to find Lady Azure. Azure? That name sounds vaguely familiar. Yet Raven decided that she had had enough eavesdropping and decided to slip by the pair and head further into the tunnels.

Lord? Adam's lips turned into a amused half smile. What a strange yet lovely term to use. He thought. "Yes, this indeed the residents of Azure Hiess. I am her nephew, Adam Hiess." He responded. "Is there a reason you seek her?" once more he tilted his head, his tail flicking the end of his tail he turned and walked into the cave. "Follow me please."

Azure turned her great head around. One could tell where he got his vibrant eyes from only Azure's had pupils that where true to her name. "Ah. Imil, here to play me a song? I have new music for that instrument of yours. New art work as well. You have to see this tapestry Adam brought me? It depicts a human goddess of some sort..." Came her rolling yet soothing voice. She tilted her head. "Is that new fabric I see you wearing? The color is quite nice. It matches your eyes. I see you have met my nephew. Is there any books you wish to borrow? If you know sanderin I would lend you Adam's poetry, he has a way of bringing a desolate wasteland to beauty in words." she purred proudly.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

I'm so stupid, I should have let him help me, even if he was weird. Onyx sighed, I'll just turn around and hope I'm going the right way. The cave did look familiar, but it was a cave, so everything looked the same. It was really quiet. Onyx couldn't even hear sounds the cave made, like dripping water, and it was making her nervous.

The corridor where Lucifer's cave was had the strong scent of clean fresh air, flowers and the smell of a fox. Lucifer was tending to his garden, rearranging leaves, killing weeds and planting new seeds he found.

Dusk was making a appearance to the south as the night sky slowly ate away at what remained of the light. Painthing it in vibrant shades of pink, purples, and blues. The air smelled crisp and electrified as a storm was slowly pulling itself in, cooling the air and causing everthing to bunker down into the safety of their borrows, nest ,and homes.

Silently a figure ran through the woods winding his way north looking for refuge from the pain and sorrow that he was suffering from. Warm blood dripped its way down his back, painting it like a canvas. A spear stuck out of his side like a piercing, and his wing hung limply at his side.

Lightening light up the sky as he ran, passing trees and some large stones. At any other point he would have stopped to admired the beauty of it but Now was not the time. He could hear the occasion shouts from the humans far behind, slowly wandering their way in his direction . He stopped for a breath and to bandge his side to steanch of blood flowing freely at his side like a waterfall. Lost, tired and alone he picked him self up, joins creaking , and carried on.

The rain had started to fall softly, coating the young half dragon in a thin shine of water. Now wet and not a clue where he was he raised sad and tired eyes to look through the dense forest, a little ways away he could make out the dark jaws of a cave. Struggling his way through the woods and now ankle deep waterpuddles he came to rest a shacky arm on the wall of the cave. Exhausted he leaned against the wall panting lightly. He was running a slight fever and was coated in a sweat and rain mixture, his eyes started to droop and he fell to the floor. Looking up and out of the cave he watched, half awake, as the sky was lite ablaze with lightning . slowly darkness started to creeped in on his vision,and his mind slowly sank into oblivion. His last thought was that he didnt want to die this way and he was hoping for a miracle, a miracle of any kind.

Adam Hiess. Nephew of Azure Hiess...so his observation had been correct. He was a prince, by all reckoning, even if the details were fuzzed on if that was, indeed, the correct title for him. Imil didn’t care, though; the title suited him.

He stepped into the cave, seeing Azure’s head rise to greet him. He immediately stepped aside, prostrating gracefully before not only her but her nephew for his newly-realized lineage. “Good day, my lady, and apologies to your nephew; it seems I’ve been lax with my observations...” There was a sense of gratification throughout his body in this display of submission, the image of Adam looking upon him and seeing him—a good and respectful servant, eager to please. He did not rise until Azure had finished her speaking, and took care to keep himself earnest as he did so.

“I thank you for your offers of gifts and compliments. You’re too kind to someone striving for humbleness, my lady.” He bowed his head to emphasize his gratefulness. He liked Azure well, for she carried herself with an all-knowing composure that Imil admired. Judging by her nephew’s demeanor, it seemed quite a bit of herself had been melded into him in his upbringing by her. A subtle hint of curiosity about what other aspects of her personality lingered in him...

“And he is a very upstanding man, I can assure you. The prospect of reading poetry written by my lord Adam is too good to pass, I’ll admit; his voice is positively ethereal. Perhaps he wouldn’t mind orating to me in private some time...if, that’s acceptable, of course...” Imil glanced at him, averting his eyes before they lingered, “but with your permission...” He strode up to a reasonably-sized chair and sat in it, hands set upon the harp’s frame with his fingers searching the strings for an appropriate tune. He needed something to keep himself occupied with, lest his mind wandered too far from his task. He was here for a reason, after all. His eyes went Azure knowingly, his friendly expression becoming more serious.

“I’d like to impart a bit of gossip from the human territories to you. Knowing your place on the council, I think it’s of your concern at this point.”

"And you should not be anywhere near the humans, but I will partake in this exchange none the less. she said plucking a scroll that contained Adam's poetry, holding it curled in one claw. At Imil's request for have him read to him privately he huffed out a wisp of spoke and retreated to a corner behind a pile of texts.

" My nephew is accustomed to not being considered royalty among my kind. Do excuse him. Now what information fox you have for me?" she enquired.

--------

Blood. I smell blood, and Dragon.. and human. The woman moved in the darkness of the cave, hearing the rain, the water dripping along with something thicker. She slid her old wooden staff over the stone, taking careful step after careful step towards the sound of ragged breathing. Once there she knelt and felt with her fingertips, the figure that lay prone. The softness of hair... something hit her finger and she realised it was a horn. A wing here where it was soft yet leathery. She gasped when she bumped the arrow and yanked her hand away. Over the crashing thunder she can hear human shouts. She had to take them deeper into the caverns. "Are you awake? " She found a face and patted the cheek. "Can you stand?"

I could hear it, the soft sing song of a women's voice.

"Are you awake" . She asked, her voice bringing me back from oblivion. I didnt want to go, I wanted to wrap up in the blackness and stay where it was safe. But she sounded so worried and she had a tone of urgency in her voice.

Slowly I drift back from the darkness that called to me so sweetly in favor of this new voice. I could only describe it as like the wind and water on a beautiful sunny day by a small stream. And the smell the waft to my noise was like sweet pepperment the sat on the banks to welcome all with there beauty and fragrance.

"Can you stand" there was the voice again, but with the soft patty on my face. Gathering the rest of my energy I bring my self back to the present and turn my head to look at the being who's voice was given by God. She was beautiful, but her face was mared by worry and fear.

"What happened" I inquire in a rough voice from non use. Then I hear it throuh the rain and thunder. Shouts from humans, slowly drawing nearer.

"Yes, I think so." I make to stand and almost fall from the excruciating pain radiating from my side and my wing. I lean on the cave wall and pull myself back up but stand on liquid legs. Whispering through my mind ~ this is going to be slow~ I take a tenitive step forward and look back at the women beside me.

With the most charming smile I can muster through the pain and fear I reach a hand foward, waiting for her to go first.

" You lead and i shall follow to the best of my ability."

((Third person please if you can help it. It makes it a little smother in my opinion.))

Movement, she had managed to rouse him. She can tell the injured person was male having herd his low yet horse voice. She too got to her feet as he struggled to his own. She can hear the pain and fear in his voice. The scuff of a foot moving forward slowly.

With cloudy silver eyes she looked at his direction. "No, too slow. They don't dare come in the maze, but only if we get deep enough" She took his hand pressing the wooden rod into his palm and stood in front of him. "Hold on to my shoulders. I'll carry you." She looked towards the opening, her eyes flashing as the lighting split the sky. "Hurry, they are drawing their bows, they spotted you!"

"Well..." Imil picked at the strings a bit, but wasn't terribly happy with what he played. He wanted something more rich and dark to suit the mood, but alas. As soon as the string on his mandolin was replaced, he'd give it the love it deserved. Of course, he wasn't going to tell Azure that that was why he'd been in town, but dissimulation wasn't necessarily deception--

His fingers stopped. Just for a second, in pause. He resumed.

No, it isn't.

"I know I've acted against you and the wishes of the Council, and I beg you not take it as an offense, but I knew it was important." He leaned forward, adjusting himself to continue on smoothly. His brows drew together.

"It seems like there are plans to extend human settlements closer to the caves. Due to my felonious prying over the last few months, I noticed myself that some of the smaller villages have increased their numbers exponentially..." Like rabbits. He strummed the harp rather harshly. There were so many humans. They tended to run together in his mind simply from the sheer number of them, their faces growing less distinctive and more homogeneous. Every year, they outnumbered the dragons and their kin, the next--by double, triple...more and more a threat to survival, even if they had their uses. Imil knew they were not all the heathens and murderers described throughout texts and by dragon scholars to their studies, but were they tenacious...

"At this point, they may be violating out borders. As a simple bard, of course, I know it's not my place..." He tilted his head.

"...but I fear for the safety and proliferation of the species. I can't help but question what is being done to dissuade them, if anything."

Eyeing the woman, the young male held tightly to the staff, letting her pick him up. As embassessing at is was to him he know there was no way he could out run the humans at their back.

Smiling into her back he gave a slight chuckle at the situation that he was in. Leaning down at to try to get as close at possible to her so as to not knock her off balance he asked with a slightly clearer voice, " can you see well enough".

"Dissuade? The humans from reproducing?" Azure snorted. "we can't leave without getting shot at with arrows. We can move if it is necessary. We are mobile. Go higher, move deeper. We will discuss it when it is time, but for now we are at peace. We are safe. " she handed him the scroll of poetry. "Here's the poetry. Leave it to the wise to decide what's best for our kind, but I do appreciate your concern dispute the means you got it by." she chided.

----

"I can't. But no need." She said and leaned over to have her tail and wings out for balance. She then headed off into the deep inky black. She seemed to take turns at random, her tail hitting things, and stones rumbling as passageways closed by rigged system of pulleys and ropes aided her in blocking off ways to lead humans in circles and opened ways for her. They arrived at the epicenter and with a flick she closed off all the ways.

A mana crystal gave light to the circular room with a domed ceiling covered with herbs. She went and laid him down on her bed she acquired from a abandoned human home. She set about, getting water from a barrel and getting bandages. She held out her hand. "Help me to the wounds you have. I can heal them, but I can't see them. "

Hissing from the pain in his side he gently took her hand in his, to guide her to the wounds. Slightly taken aback by how small , soft and warm her hand was he took a second to long just holding it. He found that he liked her delicate hands and long slender fingers. Now that he was in the light he was able to see her better and she was beautiful, even for dragon standards.

After a few fleeting moments the pain from the end of the spear brought his wandering mind back,

" Sorry" me mumbles out as he places her hand on his side, slideing it to the edge of the spear head. The spear was petruding at a odd angle and was pretty deep.

" You may have trouble pulling that out and then theres still a chance I can bleed to death, but that spear takes priority over my wing, " looking at her with eyes laddened with pain he gives her face a beautiful smile, knowing she cant see it, and whispers" at least if I die Im not alone, and my angles already here to guide me".

Not know if she heard or not he opted to turn slightly more on his side he leaveing her hand on whats remained of the shaft and spear head . Looking around quickly he picked up what looks to be thick stick, not caring how dirty is was he placed it in his mouth preparing for what was to come.

She smiled slightly tilting her head. She had retractable claws on her fingertips, a trait unique to her mother's line. Extending them she made a small cut on each side of the shaft after following the angle it was into determine the internal damage. "Well, if you're looking for a place to die, I believe you'd had better luck with the humans at the cave opening." She quipped. "Ah, you've found something to bite down on. Good. I wouldn't want you to bite off that silvered tongue of yours. It'll be no more pretty words for you then huh?" She carefully pulled out the arrow mid sentence, so slowly and easily it was like pulling a thorn from his side.

She dropped the arrow and plucked a feather from her wing slipping it inside the wound after she cleaned the area with water. "Now this might sting. I'll be speeding your body's natural healing process by ten fold." She said softly than, placing both hands over the quick of the feather stick in his side, she wet her lips and started to sing five sharp long notes of some ancient song. The feather glowed beneath her hand growing uncomfortably hot. As the final note stopped echoing around the room the glow faded.

She removed her hands, cleaned the blood from them and from his side where a pink scar was all that was left with a uncomfortable ache in the muscles around the wound. "Now... let's take a look at that wing..."

---------

Lucifer finished tending to his room and went out to the hallway, carrying some flowers in his maw as he half glided half trotted around the tunnels. He banked around a corner when he ran into the shoulder of the lupine Dragon from before. His flowers, a collection of Jasmine and tiger lilies as an apology to Brarrimund for his earlier stunt (and his way of dropping hints that his "secret" crush wasn't as hidden as he thought it was) dropped to the floor along with him in a crumpled heap. He shook his head dazed. "Ah, raven it's you. Thank you for taking me to that covet. Much appreciated."

Grimmicing in pain and trying to stifle the few silent screams that threated to spill out he turned a critical eye to the women standing over him. He was exhuasted and if he passed out now he wasnt sure what she would do. She had been a savor to him but pulling the spear out had hurt and taken a lot out of him. How ever he thought that with the evenings events he felt that he could turst her, as without her help he would be a cold lifeless corpse at the mouth of the cave, probably being skinned for his dragon parts by the humans.

Looking back down he spit the stick out as there was no need for it anymore, and rolled over so his back was facing her and neatly tucked his right wing away leaving his left to fall limply over his side and stomach.

Gritting his teeth against the pain he ground out

" Thanks, I would be dead without you and sorry for the trouble."

He was feeling really hot, not knowing if it was from yhe raging inferno of a fever or if he was really embarrassed he closed his eyes and asked over his shoulder.

" I'm theirn, theirn casimir. I havent asked your name yet."

The end of his question started to slur as he drifted of to sleep, he was in for a long night of recover and recuperating from his major injuries.

"Sola." She said lightly fingering his wing, finding the break and used the stick to make a splint for it. "Sleep. Rest is good for a fever." She soothed. She could only heal part of the compound fracture his wing had before she stumbled back and collapsed on the ground. His injuries where grate, more than she let on. Healing such wounds took massive amount of energy. She already spent enough to force her to rest fifteen minutes before having to eat something.

She lit a fire and made a stew of herbs and spices that would help regain energy, and doubles as a fever reducer. This she drank before she had enough strength to heal the rest of his wing and roll him over so she can dribble small amounts into his mouth. It wasn't hard to find it. The other Dragon born was so warn out he was snoring softly, well more like breathing deeply through his mouth. She would spoon tiny amounts into his mouth and shut it lightly so he swallowed reflexively. Once his cup was empty she too fell asleep, curled up in her wing on the ground. Her head resting on the fan on her tail like a pillow.

Raven was startled by the sudden impact and let out a yelp. Once she realized what happened had she been able to blush from embarrassment she would've. "I'm sorry." She muttered as she hurriedly picked up the flowers and pushed them over to him. "Oh, you're welcome." Her usually sour attitude was replaced with a frazzled, instinctively friendly one.

With the scroll placed bluntly in his hand, he understood that he was being dismissed. He remained outwardly gracious--"Thank you for your time, Lady Azure. I'm eased by your words."--but inside, his blood sizzled against the natural cold of his flesh. What she was suggesting was utter lunacy. All this placid talk of moving inward, going higher, peace...had she ever met with their kind? He breathed in deep, keeping his irritation with her completely subdued, and finished the already-lackluster song he was playing. For some reason, he felt...dissatisfied. Disgusted.

He stood and bowed before Azure before glancing around the side of a stack of books and scrolls. That had been where he'd gone, but he was invisible to him now, hiding.

Perhaps it was because of his conversation with Azure, but all the lovely frustration from before was gone. Now, as he looked at a blank space between the walls, he felt increasingly more empty. More exposed. It was sickening him.

"I'll take my leave, then," he struggled out, teeth clenched.

As he exited Azure's cave, he made a right and headed down the hall toward a present scent of herbs. His skin felt tight and his muscles were burning into cinders.

He needed an apothecary.

--

Brarrimund stirred under the cover, a grunt escaping between his maw as he turned. Though the concerns of the mortal realm had fled him in sleep, in dreams they returned, more vivid than ever. Jasmine, the dragons, the world beyond...all things he could not control but suffered him anyway. Though his body was exhausted, his mind refused to slow, and he was forced back to consciousness by concern. He had to get up. He couldn't lie there and stew.

As he slowly dragged himself to his feet, an unusually malicious chill ran across the floor and through his scales. He already knew what awaited him when he walked into the lab. Brarrimund squinted at the light suffusing the tall, barely-clad man standing in his doorway, arms wrapped around his torso.

He was shaking.

'Imil, what a--"

"Shut up." His tone bit into Brarrimund, a surge of anger waking him fully. Imil rubbed at his face and shuddered, sucking in a sharp breath.

"I don't want to hear your whinging. I need something." Brarrimund scowled at him. No matter how much he disagreed, he was obligated to listen. No matter how unbelievably rude he was being...like every other time they'd had this interaction.

'My skin's on fire, my innards are boiling..." Frost formed at the Dragonborn's feet as he spoke, creeping webs of crystals patterning the stone in white, shimmering threads. "I-I can't...I'm hurting..." The evident pain on his face was real. Brarrimund was troubled, caught between sympathy and his own morality. To cope, he looked away in dismissal.

"Imil...you have an illness that neither I, nor any healer, can cure. I'm requesting that you seek assistance elsewhere, because I can't help you, and I refuse to enable your habits any longer." He turned his body away and went to his work table, pulling out a drawer with a premade jar of yellow paste inside. It was incomplete, needing ingredients that Brarrimund had neither the means nor the funds to obtain. With the caves in the state they were in, where no one could leave and resources were limited--

"D*mmit, Brarrimund! " He stomped into the cave behind Brarrimund, raising his hand in his direction. His head whipped around and his tail darted forward, a well-respected warning from the hybrid; one lash from the whip-like appendage would sever him in half if he tried him. Imil's eyes widened in disbelief, his mouth twisting into a display of fury.

"Why? Why do you do this to me?! I come to you in agony and you turn me away! You think my suffering isn't good enough?! You think I want this?!?"

Brarrimund straightened his limbs, causing him to rise even above the Dragonborn's head."Leave. There's nothing here for you."

Imil stared at him for a long time before tossing his head and roaring furiously. He turned sharp on his heel and stumbled out. Brarrimund waited until the frost faded and his voice disappeared before relaxing the tension on his muscles. All over, his body ached--he was too ill-suited for these kinds of encounters to keep having them, and especially in the state he was...

He fought off another fit of coughs before pouring his attention to the poultice he was working at prior, trying to combine his thinning collection in ways that would render it useful. All the while did Imil wander onto his mind. He hated turning him away, both as a patient and an acquaintance...but he didn't lie. Brarrimund was painfully aware of the inadequacies he faced when dealing with him. And hadn't he tried everything? From balms, to suppressants to just being a shoulder to lean on...no matter what he offered, it wasn't enough, not for what ailed Imil.

His mind felt distracted as he reached for a white powder, nearly tilting it into his mortar before realizing what it was--a simple bath powder snuck in by accident by a visitor. He fumbled for another powder, this one functioning as a supplement supporting hair growth...

"Frost born." Came the voice he once called enchanting from a human sized crevice in the wall. There were many of these, but often overlooked by other dragons as just fixtures in rock. This particular one looked like it was carved out of the wall. "You need to cool yourself. I have a place for that. Follow me." He ordered and went deeper into the crevice. The opening narrowed and created a tunnel that had Adam crawling on his hands and legs as he worms his way through the sloping rock.

He stepped out in a cave near the peak of the mountain. It was like a throne room made of ice. Columns of ice where carved like giant trees, a small segment pool of water was frozen solid. Frost covered stones made a raised dais where a long lounger intricately carved to look like a sleeping unicorn with half a swan's wing curled above it to make a back rest and shade from the sunlight that filtered in small holes, but made the place shine like the day. "This is where I come to collect my thoughts and construct my poems and to cool my temper. This was once home to the frost elves. A race that passed long ago, yet their magic keeps this place from melting. I had to recarve their works into the ice though.

----------------

He gathered the blooms into one pile with his paw. "Oh you needn't worry, I can fix these easily. Really.. thank you, I get forgetful of things, and I often get lost. I miss the trees with the moss that grows only northwards. Every tree looked different and had a story to tell.. more than this blasted rock. " He kicked the stone behind him. "Oh and I miss the sun as well. Apparently the council didn't really consider us whom look like earth's other creatures. Say, would you like to go hunting with me? I found some stray sheep on return trip with the vines. "

Coming back to reality and wiping the sleep from his eyes he sat up in the small bed. Looking around he noticed that the room he was situated in was nice. the space across from him held a small pit and some logs to feed the fire should the need arise. The circular room had very few pieces of furniture in it, all of the peices where old and worn like they had been taken from a abandoned home. But it still had a home feeling, or maybe it was her presence that gave it the feeling

Throwing his leggs over the side of the bed he tested the strength in his legs, toughing his feet onto the cold floor he stood up and streched like a cat. Working out the kinks in his bones and muscles he bent over and then stood back up feeling refreshed, better than he though he would have with his near death experience.

Looking at the form on the floor in front of him he walked with silent steps to her, dragging the corse balnket with him. When he reached her he bent down and gently layed the blanket down over her. Looking at her slim but curvey figure he felt his face light up, he couldnt help it though, she was pretty. Eyeing the plains of her face and the plumpness of her lips he reached down to move a couple of strands of hair from her face.

"I'm going to go explore, I'll be back later. Besides I need to go test my wing to see how it has healed." He whispered as to not wake her up. He stood up straight and turned to walk down the tunnel that was the only entrance to the room.

~ maybe this wasnt a good idea~ he thought to himself, this was the second dead end he had come to and the 3 set of forks in the road. He amitted that he was lost, not knowing were he was or even how to get back to the girl he stopped for a few minutes to catch his breath. The tunnels were dark and uneven, some places even had shallow water. This places, however was farther back into the caves, in areas he suspected to be unused for this specific reason. Listening to the silence that seemed to eat up all sound he started walking back to take the other fork in the hopes that it took him somewhere more desired.

Coming back to the fork he took the other way and meandered down it wishing for a different outcome. His wing was started to ache again. He could tell that what ever she did had healed it to a extent but it would probably take a couple more days to mention itself the rest of the way. If and when he got out he would have to find or make something that he could give as a gift to her as thanks.

`tink, tink, tink` "hm, must be flowing water somewhere up ahead and that means its coming from somewhere." He mummbled to himself.

Slowly as to not trip over anything on the ground he rounded a bend in the tunnle and it opened up into a room with a slightly large hole in the ceiling. It looks like the ceiling may have collapsed from the rain. In the corner of the room that the tunnle opened to was a small body of water. Around the edges was moss that had spread out and sparkled in the light coming through the hole in the roof of the cave. He had to admit that the place looks like it had not seen use in ages but even so it was beautiful.

Even though the pond looked inviting to sit by and rest the wind that way seeping in through the hole was calling to his soul, to climb up and out. So he made his way over to the opening and the dirt that created a small slope and started to climb, slipping occasionally and loosing his footing he would scramble back up. For ever foot he lost he gain two. Eventually he made it out and stood up looking at the land round him. It was nice, cool and quiet like the land was waiting for him to speak. Slowly he started to make his way up the slope in the hopes of running into other dragons or dragon born. He walked around for a littlw while stretching his wings and testing them slightly. After a couple of minutes he came to a clearing where a giant tree stood and shadowed the rest of the area. Deciding that this was as good a place as any he walked to the tree and put his hand on it. He could feel the magic and age running through the tree.

"Old one I am tired, I wish to rest under your branches, will you grant me the privilege".

Theirn felt a small rustle of the branch's and the wind blow softly through the clearing.

"Thank you " he whispered with a smile on his lips. It was a privilege for a old tree such as this to speak with him, not many where left and they took refuge in places with little to no access.

~ the healer would love this place, a place like this is full of magic and power. But its one of a few left~ he thought

As he sat under the tree with his back leaning on it, he could feel the power strum up his back and act as a anchor to the earth again. " When i get back I'll definitely bring her here" . With that he closed his eyes and listened to the wind and earth talk, gently lolling him to sleep.

Edited by Acornia

You're a fool.

He leaned into the cavern wall as he fell toward his room. No one appeared to be outside listening, as far as he could tell. He sighed shakily; it'd be no good if anyone looked upon the most detestable shades of him. His hand felt along the stone for a seam, desperate for the security of the dark beyond, readying a harsh syllable on his lips--

"Frost-born."

Fear struck through Imil's spine, bolting him upright away from the wall. He'd had nary a second of time to compose himself before the familiar image of Adam appeared from seemingly nowhere. The mix of anxiety, panic and fire sent his stomach churning, but to this prince, he remained refined and composed. After all, he wouldn't dare show him an ugly face.

"Oh...my lord Adam...well met again. May I be of service to you?" He half-bowed to him this time, as they had already made their introductions once earlier. He was grateful for this standard; the bloating heat stealing away the sensation in his limbs was nearly unbearable.

"You need to cool yourself. I have a place for that. Follow me."

You deserve this. You deserve everything that comes to you like this.

Imil stood stone-still as he watched Adam duck into the stone crevice. He didn't mean...?

He's going to see it, you know. Perhaps he has already.

A flood of apprehension washed over Imil with those seemingly coded words. Knowing that Adam expected him to follow split him in two. He hesitated, long enough to consider the outcomes:

He could ignore him and go to his room, back to where he could treat himself properly. It may inspire his ire, but no matter the context of what Adam had said, he didn't know. A simple royal had no idea what Imil's qualities entailed, and he certainly wouldn't know what was best for him. The only way the pain could be quenched was with sedatives...so Imil had discovered.

Or, he could chance it. After all, the boy had caught his attention, a feat so rare Imil had forgotten since that he could be entranced by another. A little time alone with him, spent either being chastised or intoxicated, was likely just as rare an occasion. He still held tight in his hand his scroll, and as ill as he felt, he was curious to hear what it contained...

"Ah, yes...of course."

--

It was quite a tight squeeze the further back they went. The sensation of being set alight had lessened a bit, and the relief of cold welcomed him as they stepped out into a vast...

...what? What is this place?

Ice. Everything seemed to be wrought of ice. Clear-blue statuettes, looming branches, pillars, walkways...it was unreal, impossible, neither the work of man or lizard or in-between. He crossed his hands in front of his hips and looked upward, seeing tiny pinpricks shine through, like starlight. Suddenly, the wonder seemed to wash away the remnants of the fever, leaving bare the brambles that had pierced him and caused him such agony.

I'm...exposed. His fingers tightened together.

I'm so nervous. It's been so long since I've felt like this.

He watched Adam closely, the brambles twisting deep in his stomach as he waited for him. For whatever was coming next.

"This is where I come to collect my thoughts and construct my poems and to cool my temper. This was once home to the frost elves. A race that passed long ago, yet their magic keeps this place from melting. I had to recarve their works into the ice though.

"Incredible," he managed to breath out his admission. "That you've laid a finger on any of this ancient work...and from what my eyes can see, possibly improved it..." Imil had met with many artists over the years, each seemingly the master of their medium, but he could never tire of talent this prince seemed to display. He looked toward him and offered an endearing grin.

"Surely, your mate is lucky to have you. There's a genuine quality to the character of a man who can command creativity as his retainer with such clarity." Imil drifted toward the dais with a coupled sense of awe and trepidation. He knew it was likely a showpiece or, in the case of elves, a place to lounge, aloof and mysterious with ancient fiddles and pipes in hand, whilst the congregate of elvenfolk would dance and make merry without a care...

His face became solemn.

He saw it...differently.

Edited by Sugar-Free

Raven cocked her head. Hunting? It'd been such a long time. And never with anyone. "Sure." She blinked in surprise.

"Surely, your mate is lucky to have you. There's a genuine quality to the character of a man who can command creativity as his retainer with such clarity." His words might as well be ice themselves, for Adam stood frozen near a column close to the dais.

"Aye.... if a male elf possessed such talent, every elf maiden would swoon at his feet. But I am not an elf, and they find my scales repulsive to even gaze upon let alone touch. So entertaining a mate is.. one talent I do not possess." He hummed with a melancholy tune tapping the ice with a claw. "You may visit here. The caves are not a place for a frost born. To warm for too long makes their chemistry shift. My grandpa's sister was mated to a frost Dragon. Please, sit of you like." He moved slowly among the pillars and sweeping arches carved with tremendous care and love, he a black and crimson smudge against a field of white and blue.

---------

"At dusk? It should be midmorning now. With that ban on and the humans fox season near I don't dare go out during the day..." He scratched his ear then breathed on the flowers fixing them, gathering them into his mouth once more.

--------

Sola woke. Her body sore, belly complaining in hunger and her mouth dry she sat up stretching like a puma on a branch. This is where she felt the blanket slip off her wing on to the floor. She got herself water and a cup for her visitors tapping the bed with her tail to wake him only to discover it's emptiness.

Downing both cups to moisten her parched throat and unstick her tongue from the top of her mouth, she set off through the tunnels in an effort to find him. Unlike her visitor however, she didn't get lost, and therefore ran in to no dead ends. Not the best way to someone if you can't get lost in a maze yourself.

Light was streaming through the leaves and hitting him in the face. Turning his face away he creaked his eyes open and waited for the blur in his vision to clear. The sun was high in the sky and he was a little worried that he may have been gone to long. Lazily climbing his way to his feel he stood under the tree looking at the clearing out at the direction he had come from.

" Would you mind to share your beauty with another creature of beauty, there's a women that i think would love to see you."

A gentle sweet wind blow by as in amswer to his quiet question. Looking at the tree he gave a simple nod of his head in a reply and turned to walk away. Stopping a few feet away he gracefully turned around and bowed low at his waist before turning around and continuing on.

Makinging his way back down the slope to the sink hole, he looked at all of the forest around him noticing that the farther away he got from the tree the less magic there was. the land was still beautiful but it was saddening to know that more of this forest should have been filled with magic, like the area with the ancient tree. the path that lead back to the cave was fairly smooth and clean, it looked as thought it was once a animal trail, he know it should be clear enough for the healer to walk.once he made it back to the gapping hole in the ground he sat at the edge, slowly sliding down back into the cave that he had originally crawled from. At the bottom he took a second to look back at the pond and made a mental note of it to look at later.

Walking his way back he softly called out to the healer, hoping that if she was close she would hear and make her way to him. Worried that the ground may have to many obstacles he started to call out a little louder.

~ I think I'll just wait next time and take her with me, that may be easier.~ he though with a smile. ~ where, oh where are you.~

Edited by Acornia

Imil cocked his head slightly to the side, examining Adam as he moved. He was gracious for his offer; he seemed very knowledgeable about his species. But it was not so much that that intrigued him--was this a moment of weakness he was showing? Up until now, he had seemed impenetrable, confident...and he was sure this was his natural state...but for him to show something resembling regret or contempt for the scorn he endured...

It was easy to pretend they were no different from everyone else.

Imil seated himself carefully upon the lounger, tucking himself into the right corner and splaying his legs across the seat, making sure to keep himself half-decent. If, indeed, this was merely a concerned call for his health and nothing more, he may invest in something a touch more conservative next time, if it were to come. He didn't want to alienate a fellow Dragonborn, certainly not this one, at least.

"What a pity. Seems the world is ever flattened by trivialities, eaten up by nothing. As for the elves..." he scoffed, "...well, their opinions can come to waste for all I care. Not to say anything against your lineage, of course." He smoothed a hand over the scroll in his hand, feeling the catching of the parchment against the moisture in his hand.

"Metaphorically speaking, I think your composition is flawless. I simply believe you've not found the right crowd to entertain. Some folks can be so uncouth about that which they don't understand. You should see when someone comes playing a mandolin..." He chuckled to himself. In the human realm, the most endeared instruments were types like violins, pianos and harpsichords, and flutes. Few had a taste for the dark, haunting tremolo of the southern-born strings like he did. Imil held out the scroll to where Adam could see it. Hopefully...

"Literally speaking...you could try for me, couldn't you?"

Edited by Sugar-Free