RavenWolf1010

Goodneighbor OOC

Username: Padfoot

Name:Luke Skinner

Appearance: Skinner is built like a scarecrow, standing at 6'2" and weighing 150 soaking wet. He has a head of deep red hair that he tries (And often fails) to keep tidy and often keeps it covered with a old leather wide brimmed hat. His eyes are green with the milky film of a caterac in his left eye (accident when he was a teenager when he tried to artificially give himself heterochromia). Unless you caught him on a day where he is trying to look nice he has the stubble of a beard on his chin. His right arm is covered in keloid scars and his back is a mess of burn scars that came from when the Catholic Church burned his house down.

Species/Powers/Ect.:Human. Vocal and Rune based magic

Inventory:

one (1) aged cigarette holder

one (1) heavily repaired hockey stick

one (1) alchemy pad (rolled with a piece of twine and slung across his back when not in use)

A worn leather black duster jacket that belonged to his father

a hip satchel containing:

three (3) pieces of chalk in white pink, and blue

a pair of brass knuckles

four (4) small glass vials (2 empty, one 1/3 full of mercury, one full of a viscous lavender fluid)

one (1) tattered infinite pack of Lucky Strike brand cigarettes

two (2) keys carved from oak

a swiss army knife

a leather bound notebook

Personality: (optional)

History:his official job title is an Exotic Matter Researcher and a doctor (although he does not have an official licence for medical practice). Technically he would be a considered a wizard or mage, do not let him catch you calling him that.He is the son of Bryce and Amellia Skinner. His father is known as the leading authority on fae relations and his mother is a rune translator and potion professor at the University of Gallia. That being said Skinner does not have a great relationship with his parents since they disapprove of his rejection or his magical talent. After a recent situation in his last base of operation, Skinner made a living as magical informant for the police. Since then he is in need of a place to lay low. He is still able to pay his bills doing odd jobs, magical or otherwise. Every so often, he recieves a job request in the form of a envelope slipped under his door. Skinner often uses his gifts for illegal requests for the right price.

Other: Lives on the last house on the eastern side of mainstreet.

(((Imight throwin another character later)))

Edited by padfoot

Hm. I have an idea. Would anyone mind having a pet "bird" aka super stealthy person with strong camouflaging/shifting abilities?

Nope, like a pet bird the character owns. They can either be aware the bird is not what they seem or be oblivious.

Sounds like an interesting concept to me.

Sure smile.gif Of my three, Zaren is the most likely to have a pet with supernatural properties.

I think, just because Zaren can be such a know-it-all, he'd be completely oblivious, if only for the amusement factor when he finds out. xd.png Thing is, if the bird is living with the brothers, while Zaren and Duren would be totally oblivious, Malice would be able to sense that there's something not quite right about the bird.

Hm, that brings into question whether or not the bird would be kept outside or inside. I mean, most people keep their birds inside, but these are people with powers, so who knows. I'm planning on giving the bird teleportation powers so it can escape its cage relatively unnoticed, so either outside or inside works for me. Depends on which one you'd like, but I'm a bit worried that Malice would eat the bird or something if it were kept inside. O.O

xd.png He may be an a-hole, but he wouldn't try to eat it. Without a good reason, with the only reason good enough being if it became a danger to the family. So it'd be completely safe inside. Edited by CharonDusk

Username: Silverphoenixx

Name: Eleusis or "Canary"

Appearance:

As a canary, she looks like a small puffball of soft yellow feathers, complete with an endearing expression of annoyance. When she takes her human form, she has bright golden eyes and long blond hair flowing down to her waist. Her hair is such a rich shade of blond that it looks almost dyed, yet the variations in it seem too natural to be the product of hair dye. She stands at a rather short 5' with a skinny build and delicate features.

Species/Powers/Ect.: Phoenix Hybrid - still technically a phoenix but her bloodline has been mixed.

- Teleportation: Can teleport decent distances, but longer distances are more tiring. Also cannot rapid fire teleport.

- Rebirth: Will disintegrate into ashes when taking lethal damage, but will reform after anywhere from a few days to a few years. Usually takes a few weeks, but it depends on the state her previous body was in.

- Bird Shifting: Can morph into any species of bird or gain the wings of that bird while in human form.

- Fire Resistance: Can walk through normal fire unharmed, but will still feel heat and be burned by hotter fires.

- Magical Affinity: Can utilize magic to create various effects, most commonly elemental attacks.

Personality: Eleusis is spirited, stubborn, and reckless. Her natural ability to rebirth herself makes her rather uncaring of current situations to the point where she has done several risky things "just for fun". However, she is also incredibly lazy when her interest isn't piqued. Though her nature combined with her diminutive stature can be endearing to some people, others find her immaturity and lack of foresight irritating.

History: When she was young, she was raised by her parents who taught her about her abilities. After her first rebirth, she was left to fend on her own in the traditional phoenix way. While most creatures disliked being separated from their parents, phoenixes usually didn't mind as they tended to live flighty lifestyles. For a while, she simply traveled where the wind brought her until she stumbled upon two brothers and a demon. When she discovered they had brought delicious food with them and were quite entertaining, she decided to follow them around (and steal their food). Eventually, she became Zaren's pet of sorts, though she has never revealed her human form to them.

Other: "Hey! Who're you calling a simple bird!?! I'll have you know I was descended from a phoenix!"

I've got this so far, but not sure what the history would be. Where and when would your characters most likely find a small bird and decide to take it home with them? She can stay inside, as long as you're sure Malice won't eat her for being too annoying. tongue.gif

Edited by Silverphoenixx

Hmm...it would've most likely been during the end of their travels, before they arrived in Goodneighbor. Zaren could've bought her or found her injured, or maybe she "adopted" them for some reason, entertainment perhaps?

i hope this is alright!

Username: Chrysophylox

Name: Qingxuan "Cyan" Lie (just call him Cyan)

Appearance: Cyan has flaming red hair in a shoulder length bob that covers his right eye. His eyes are onyx, with a spot of peacock blue eyeliner on the inner corners of his eyes. His outer corners are outlined with bright yellow eyeliner. Cyan is very pale, and his resting face always looks very melancholy and despondent, which leads to many people wondering what upset him.

Species/Powers/Ect.: Cyan's not fully human; he's a mix of nameless ink creatures and various other beings. He's basically made of ink, so all his bodily fluids (blood, sweat, tears, etc.) are ink. His magic is art-based, and anything he draws can come to life if he wills it. He can use any materials he wants, but the higher quality they are, the less energy it takes for him to use his magic. In a pinch he can draw on his own skin, although it will hurt when the drawing "rips" off the canvas and comes to life. He mainly uses his magic for defensive purposes, drawing large walls and other objects to block attacks. He draws large animals that will circle around him and ward off threats, preferring to back up Honey as she whacks things around. He can also control ink and paper to some extent, but that's a skill he's still developing.

Personality: Cyan is timid and quiet, always looking down when he walks down the street and talks to people. In a situation where he's with Honey, he'll just duck behind her and let her do everything. Honey (and his close friends who don't live in Goodneighbor) is the only person he will open up to, showing her smiles and laughs that he wouldn't show anyone else.

History: Cyan grew up by himself, and his only caretakers were a few ink creations left behind by his parents, who were long gone. A person named Honey moved in with him after learning of his conditions, and the two soon grew close as siblings. Cyan was a quiet kid, never talking unless he needed to. He trained himself in his magic whenever he had the time, which was plenty since he never bothered with making new friends. The few friends he had were nonhumans that he had grown up with and known his whole life, introduced to him through Honey and a network of other nonhumans that his parents had been active in. He left his hometown after a few kids at school found out about his identity and started ostracizing him even more. He moved to Goodneighbor with Honey, and he's been happily living there for a good 2 years now, writing letters to his outside friends and using his drawings to deliver them.

Other: A small, ink bird sits on his shoulder and is maintained with bits of ink and paper. It's designed after a Japanese long-tailed tit.

Username: Chrysophylox

Name: Honey Huanxin Hsu

Appearance: Honey is a short girl of barely 5 feet, but her personality makes her seem much larger. She's chubby, but all that fat only makes her stronger. She's also a creature of habit. She always keeps her black hair in a ponytail, and she always has a jade pendant around her neck. She almost always wears a white tracksuit that has black stripes down the sleeves and legs, the jacket being much larger than her frame. Underneath her jacket is a black tanktop and a pair of large, mottled brown and white wings.

Species/Powers/Ect.: She's some sort of harpy-, angel-esque creature. Her wings are strong enough for flight, and even enough for one other passenger, usually Cyan. Her preferred weapon is a long stick of bamboo, so green that it seems to reflect the sunlight and almost glow. She knows a style of Chinese staff combat that roughly translates to the Dog Beating Method, which she learned and perfected by reading the Kung Fu novels they originated from.

Personality: She has a loud, sunny disposition, always clapping people on the back (or as high as she can reach) and cracking jokes. She's fiercely protective of her friends, bristling at even the slightest injury against them, though she can take quite a few hits and insults herself.

History: Honey never knew her parents, and she lived with her grandparents until they passed away when she was 11. She grew up in the same neighborhood as Cyan, and since both were nonhumans in a largely human town, they quickly bonded. After her grandparents died, she immediately moved into Cyan's house with no warning, declaring that she would have to take care of him from then on, when really she just couldn't bear to be alone in her house. She left her hometown with Cyan after he started getting bullied for who he was. By that time, her threatening and fighting people no longer had much of an effect, and the two decided that leaving would be a better choice.

Other:

Edited by Chrysophylox

Duren is still there, as is someone else's character. I'll be updating on what Zaren and Malice are doing in my next post.

I was in the midst of a reply last night but stuff came up. I'll try and reply later today. My chars. are kind of out of the loop anyways.

Done with my form, just putting it here again for ease of access.

Username: Silverphoenixx

Name: Eleusis or "Canary"

Appearance:

As a canary, she looks like a small puffball of soft yellow feathers, complete with an endearing expression of annoyance. When she takes her human form, she has bright golden eyes and long blond hair flowing down to her waist. Her hair is such a rich shade of blond that it looks almost dyed, yet the variations in it seem too natural to be the product of hair dye. She stands at a rather short 5' with a skinny build and delicate features.

Species/Powers/Ect.: Phoenix Hybrid - still technically a phoenix but her bloodline has been mixed.

- Teleportation: Can teleport decent distances, but longer distances are more tiring. Also cannot rapid fire teleport.

- Rebirth: Will disintegrate into ashes when taking lethal damage, but will reform after anywhere from a few days to a few years. Usually takes a few weeks, but it depends on the state her previous body was in.

- Bird Shifting: Can morph into any species of bird or gain the wings of that bird while in human form.

- Fire Resistance: Can walk through normal fire unharmed, but will still feel heat and be burned by hotter fires.

- Magical Affinity: Can utilize magic to create various effects, most commonly elemental attacks.

Personality: Eleusis is spirited, stubborn, and reckless. Her natural ability to rebirth herself makes her rather uncaring of current situations to the point where she has done several risky things "just for fun". However, she is also incredibly lazy when her interest isn't piqued. Though her nature combined with her diminutive stature can be endearing to some people, others find her immaturity and lack of foresight irritating.

History: When she was young, she was raised by her parents who taught her about her abilities. After her first rebirth, she was left to fend on her own in the traditional phoenix way. While most creatures disliked being separated from their parents, phoenixes usually didn't mind as they tended to live flighty lifestyles. For a while, she simply traveled where the wind brought her until she stumbled upon two brothers and a demon. When she discovered they had brought delicious food with them and were quite entertaining, she decided to follow them around (and steal their food). Eventually, she became Zaren's pet of sorts, though she has never revealed her human form to them.

Other: "Hey! Who're you calling a simple bird!?! I'll have you know I was descended from a phoenix!"

Duren is still there, as is someone else's character. I'll be updating on what Zaren and Malice are doing in my next post.

"Someone else's character" is my dear Fotein Psychi. smile.gif