Dalek

Team Contagion

Waste no time designing banners. Get out there and throw a huge virus party. Infect EVERYTHING ! (remember chickenpox parties ? Let's have one for the bacteriophage ! Let's have one every 10 minutes....)

ETA I have a nasty suspicion that the boss has written in something to make it all get better by the end of Hallowe'en...

Edited by fuzzbucket

I assumed the dragon in the Halloween Contagion picture was a Red Dragon, albiet a younger one.

The Image:

user posted image

Red Dragons: user posted image - user posted image - user posted image

Though, it also looks similar to a holly in body structure, though missing several defining characteristics (like the horns and leaf-like tail fin):

user posted image - user posted image - user posted image

Maybe, it's a hybrid between the two dragons?

Though, it's probably just a generic dragon for the event.

It´s supposed to be a younger red dragon that has already been weakened by the contagion; it has been infected for a few days, not able to move around much or eat, thus not very "bulky" looking anymore.

This is in no way official but my take on this contagion is it being similar to a cordyceps fungus (be careful if you want to google it, it is not really ...pretty), that grows inside its host (insects) and more or less turns them into a zombie before it kills them and uses them as a nutrient source.

I imagine the goo behaves similarly...it will slowly spread across the dragon's skin, turning it a sickly grey, before growing into the dragon as well once it has been sufficiently weakened (that´s the stage the dragon in the pic is in). Once it has spread far enough it takes over control and steers the dragon´s body to go on a rampage in order to spread the contagion as far as it can before the dragons body gives out and is consumed.

So uh...yeah, probably a bit more than you guys wanted to know but there you go xd.png

Ahem. The goo doesn't just 'infect' them. It kills, them. Just, over time. And you guys are helping this? *shakes head* I can't believe you want even your own dragons to die. Shame on you!

(ik it doesn't actually harm them but still)

*Walks in to the base, and nudges a 5 ft tall rack of slime bottles with my foot, causing it to fall into

the huge furnace* Oops... wink.gif

But wait! When you knocked the slime bottles over, they fell on your foot ever so slightly. You didn't notice it, but you brought the slime back to your dastardly Cure base! Now everyone is infected!

*Walks in to the base, and nudges a 5 ft tall rack of slime bottles with my foot, causing it to fall into

the huge furnace* Oops... wink.gif

Also, the contagion is probably heat-resistant, and airborne...

Ahem. The goo doesn't just 'infect' them. It kills, them. Just, over time. And you guys are helping this? *shakes head* I can't believe you want even your own dragons to die. Shame on you!

There's no proof that the goo will actually kill the dragons.

I just read that it could turn the dragons into zombies, but, first of all it is written:

Nothing bad will happen.

I don't know how you guys resist to the curiosity!

Stop the Cure propaganda, and infect for science ninja.gif

Edited by claptrap

We want them ALL infected so that they can develop a decent immune system.

Maybe.

Like I said before, the dragons are 5-digit codes. Yet some people freak out when you harm them.

They literally have to more existence than this text you're reading. Yet you people feel no remorse for using the backspace button to slaughter innocent text! Did you ever think about that? No. You only think about yourselves.

Oh stop wit the ethics and the rest. Each of has our own POV.

Get out there and INFECT !

For those Cures who claim spreading the virus is unethical because it condones killing dragons...

How many Vampires do you have? How many Neglecteds? Undead Dragons? Are you trying to get a few Undeads this Halloween?

I rest my case.

(also somehow a few of my vamps and all 3 of my undeads are infected - how does that even work)

Excellent rhymage. 8)

(Slashing because I like it shorter. xP )

EDIT: I thought of another...

user posted image

Spread Cred.

Badge sucks, though, lol.

I agree, it does look better like that. Speaking of which...

user posted image

https://66.media.tumblr.com/6cab47ee20641a203fc6a5e9ec4bd17e/tumblr_ofvd0vWw041vd9l8ho1_250.jpg

I agree, it does look better like that. Speaking of which...

user posted image

https://66.media.tumblr.com/6cab47ee20641a203fc6a5e9ec4bd17e/tumblr_ofvd0vWw041vd9l8ho1_250.jpg

Too cool, I'm gonna keep some of these badges even when the event will be over, they're superbe biggrin.gif

Thanks for your job to all the Contagion artists! Too bad we'll hardly win...

Edited by claptrap

Do you think putting some of the goo on the graves of dead dragons would help increase the chances of them reviving as zombies? My 3 Undeads need new company. ninja.gif

I just want to see what happens if Virus wins.

Too bad we probably won't get to find out at this rate.

For those Cures who claim spreading the virus is unethical because it condones killing dragons...

How many Vampires do you have? How many Neglecteds? Undead Dragons? Are you trying to get a few Undeads this Halloween?

I rest my case.

(also somehow a few of my vamps and all 3 of my undeads are infected - how does that even work)

Hmmm, none, none, none and no... wink.gif

But you play it however you want! smile.gif

team cure confirmed prejudiced against undead dragons (I kid, I kid)

But now I like to think I'm spreading the virus to potentially help create new friends for my Undeads. They're my dragons and I care about them too. tongue.gif

Edited by FlyingDragona

I rest my case.

Vampires: 0

Neglecteds: 0

Undeads: 0

Dragons Dead/Killed: 0

(Of course, that's just me... I'm sure there're plenty of my Cure allies who hypocritically have Vampires, Neglected Dragons, and Undead Dragons. My point is, I'm awesome and I therefore am above your reasoning.)

I actually don't have any Neglecteds - although that's primarily due to laziness. My third dragon ever was actually a Vampire (his code is 4 letters!); that's probably why I have so many.

I'm trying to get some new Undeads - I have 5 dragons ready in their graves and four of them are covered in goo; let's hope the virus can work posthumously. tongue.gif

Edited by FlyingDragona

I rest my case.

Vampires just change them into another dragon species, they don't kill them.

Vampire Dragons are members of the undead.
ingame text of the vampire dragon breed description.

The way I see it, spreading the virus is like going off the obvious path in a video game. The game obviously //wants// us to cure the contagion, as per the event text, so what cool thing happens if we go the wrong way?

I mean, this is a game, no?

Anyhoo, updated giffy for ma peeps

user posted image

Fun disease fact! Being infected by certain things can grant immunity to other, more devastating ailments. Cowpox infections led to Smallpox eradication, sickle cell protects against malaria, and repeat exposure to chickenpox can prevent shingles. And due to widespread vaccinations against the latter, it's theorized that more adults will develop shingles later in life, causing more death, suffering, and healthcare costs than if we'd let chickenpox do its thing.

So in actuality, the disease spreaders are helping our dragons by ensuring a bigger, stronger sickness doesn't sweep through and kill everything =o

It kills the baby of the original species though...

As for the morals of having an undead dragon and still choosing to cure rather than spread: I'm fickle.

Technically, successful Vamps and Undeads are neither dead or alive. Neglecteds are just sickly (there was a time in the cave when they were looked down on/a punishment, but now everyone wants them willingly xd.png). I'm just sayin' tongue.gif

And as someone who had chickenpox so bad I have scars from when I had it at 6 (one of which disfigured my face for YEARS), which was 21 years ago, I wouldn't say it's good to get chickenpox even to prevent shingles. In fact, people with chickenpox already have shingles in their bodies, and there's like a 1 in 3 chance if you've had chickenpox you will get shingles in your lifetime at least once.

Sickle cell protects against malaria if you are exposed to malaria - if you never are, it's actually more harmful than helpful. I knew someone who died at 18 from sickle cell. He lived here in the US, where we don't have malaria outbreaks.

Edited by Wahya