TJ09

2016-10-25 - Halloween Contagion

I like minesweeper myself. 

Does anyone have a picture of the new zombie types?  It isn't in the wiki yet and I figured someone must have already made a zombie out of those groups, but just had them displaying with the default western.

take a look in WoLfgIrLyS Spreadsheet

Thank you for the event, TJ, spriters, and event organizers!

Happy Halloween, DC!

I am terrible at Minesweeper but I want that badge so it's time to practice.

Also yay, Halloween dragon breeding time and Trick-or-Treat.

Guess I won't be getting the badge this year. I loathe Minesweeper. I had hoped I would never have to deal with the likes of the game again. Guess not. sad.gif

No matter how many tutorials I try, I can't seem to win a single game. I hate this so much. *cries profusely*

I'm really loving this event smile.gif Who else is spreading the disease rather than the cure? :3

Also, can someone put together a collection of all the tile sprites? I want to see them all lined up, getting more diseased as they go xd.png

EDIT - I wish I could help all of you who hate/can't play Minesweeper but want the badge sad.gif I feel bad for you...

Edited by Zeditha

Ugh...I HATE Minesweeper! I can't stand games with numbers-logic, and have no patience for Minesweeper...never have...Guess that means no badge for me...sad.gif

I love it. But I never got the logic behind the numbers and never win. But it is fun. xd.png strange logic. wink.gif

mad.gif

BOO ! HISS !!

Way to spoil Halloween ... now I REALLY loathe Minesweeper !!! blink.gif

Not great at playing games .. in RL or cyberspace unsure.gif

Maybe I can find a kid to help ... hate missing badges. sigh sad.gif

Otherwise ... a Spooktacular event !! rolleyes.gif

Yay for the first event where I hope to get a my first holiday dragon :3 I was a huge derp and missed the Valentine's Day one, cuz I thought you got the dragon by finishing the event, not by finding it in the caves... :/

Anyway, awesome work on this! Can't wait to grab one of the new dragons ^^

mad.gif

BOO ! HISS !!

Way to spoil Halloween ... now I REALLY loathe Minesweeper !!!    blink.gif 

Not great at playing games .. in RL or cyberspace  unsure.gif

Maybe I can find a kid to help ... hate missing badges.  sigh  sad.gif

Otherwise ... a Spooktacular event !!    rolleyes.gif

Why are you reposting this?

I already saw that someone quoted the same thing from you earlier....

I'm sorry that you hate minesweeper, but there are tutorials out there that could help you.

Youtube if reading/looking at pictures isn't the way you learn best.

I know other user has made imgur guides on how to play the game. Check that out if you learn best by reading/looking at pictures.

----

You'll earn the badge by being proactive - not by reposting the same thing again to complain.

Edited by gigglymonkey12

OMG ohmy.gif

Completely by accident I clicked on the Valentine's Day cave badge and when it loaded up I realized my dragon's mate is all gooey looking! xd.png

user posted image

I'm having so much fun with this event! wub.gif

Also for anyone having trouble with the minesweeper game, I'd love to try to help!

I love it. But I never got the logic behind the numbers and never win. But it is fun. xd.png strange logic. wink.gif

The numbers are how many bombs/viruses are touching the square you clicked, left, right, up, down and diagonally

Ok so it took some getting used to, but I'm enjoying the game now. smile.gif Once you get the hang of it then it's not that hard. The trick I'm using is to random click and get at least more than half of board to clear itself in first 3 clicks, otherwise it gets time consuming. If I don't manage to click in empty spaces and clear big spaces, I just start over.

Edited by Amaterasu-sama

user posted image

Pfft, I didn't notice this until now. There are a lot of Pumpkin homes that'll need a throughout scrubbing once this is over. >.<

Aaand, I've got 50 trick or treats now! smile.gif I really like the green mushroom, and that Jack-o-Eggplant managed to draw a laugh from me when I found it. laugh.gif

OMG ohmy.gif

Completely by accident I clicked on the Valentine's Day cave badge and when it loaded up I realized my dragon's mate is all gooey looking! xd.png

user posted image

I'm having so much fun with this event! wub.gif

Also for anyone having trouble with the minesweeper game, I'd love to try to help!

I think the goo has more of a mist like quality on some of them depending on the breed/image.VERY Cool. TJ and the spriters ALWAYS do such an amazing job.

*Groans*

This really blows!!!! I hate mind sweeper due to all the math involved!!!

WB

Pro tip:

So, I'm a bit of a scatter brain, and I was having trouble remembering when the 10 minutes was up, but I just realised if you leave the window up after you complete and submit your game, you can look at the little clock in the corner and make sure yours is 10 minutes later before you start again.

It seems obvious but hopefully this helps someone tongue.gif

I was really excited about the event. I hope nothing special is given out because I haven't won a single minesweeper game in my over 30 years of life.

I know adventures might be a bit harder to do but... I would have really liked another carnival adventure, or haunted house, or something of the sort. I love science and scientific research but... I just can't relate. Sorry, this year's Halloween seems a bit half baked.

*Groans*

This really blows!!!! I hate mind sweeper due to all the math involved!!!

WB

I don't understand why you don't like it?

The hardest math involved is counting to 8...

I was really excited about the event. I hope nothing special is given out because I haven't won a single minesweeper game in my over 30 years of life.

I know adventures might be a bit harder to do but... I would have really liked another carnival adventure, or haunted house, or something of the sort. I love science and scientific research but... I just can't relate. Sorry, this year's Halloween seems a bit half baked.

if you beat the game one, you'll get either the plague or healer badge depending on your choice after beating the round.

and i gotta agree, i just cant get into the event this year with the annoying minesweeper.

You can post screenshots in the thread and people will help you smile.gif

Pro tip:

So, I'm a bit of a scatter brain, and I was having trouble remembering when the 10 minutes was up, but I just realised if you leave the window up after you complete and submit your game, you can look at the little clock in the corner and make sure yours is 10 minutes later before you start again.

It seems obvious but hopefully this helps someone tongue.gif

Thank you.

I didn't know that. I'll be leaving it up now.

I didn't even there was a clock.

@predator congrats

Edited by gigglymonkey12

Aaand, I've got 50 trick or treats now! smile.gif

Scratch this. I just found trick or treat nr 51.

So there are already more coming.

I think the goo has more of a mist like quality on some of them depending on the breed/image.VERY Cool. TJ and the spriters ALWAYS do such an amazing job.

Yeah it really does have a misty look to it! Gives me an evil Disney vibe. xd.png

I seriously can't stop looking at my scroll, it just makes everything look so awesome. I even corporealized a couple of my celestial dragons that were infected and they look so much cooler with the goo on them! biggrin.gif