TJ09

2016-10-25 - Halloween Contagion

Jeez, I haven't played Minesweeper since Windows 3.1. i hope I remember how, I used to be good at it.

I'm breeding my Halloween dragons, and it looks like about 40-50% of my total dragons are infected, Even ones that are already zombies. Even my eggs are coming up infected as soon as they're bred. The game graphic is about 40% 'spread' too, and we're only 6 hours in.Will be interesting to see if they correlate.

Near the start of the event, the marker was 100% 'spread', and all my dragons were gooey, so it's likely!

OMG! This is priceless! My dragons have some sort of gooey on them.

Oh man, I suck at minesweep. I can foresee this is going another halloween without a badge for me.

OH the halloween bar is awesome!

Edited by danicast

What's up with the bar? I am curing once every 10-15 mins but it hasn't moved at all? Does that mean dragons are getting infected at same rate (if so, how can I cure them?) or is it just stuck?

What's up with the bar? I am curing once every 10-15 mins but it hasn't moved at all? Does that mean dragons are getting infected at same rate (if so, how can I cure them?) or is it just stuck?

It shows the movement of dragon cave as a whole, and there are so many playing that one person doesn't make any immediately visible impact on the bar.

It shows the movement of dragon cave as a whole, and there are so many playing that one person doesn't make any immediately visible impact on the bar.

Ah okay, I am a bit at loss here. What is the relevance of me playing at all? Is it that if all players as whole do not fill bar towards the cure side, then we won't get the magical staff? I guess I'm not really getting what the event is about. o_o I play minesweeper and cure 10 mins and then what? What does it lead to?

Are the 'infected' dragons somehow in danger e.g. of turning into zombies on their own? or it maybe just increases the zombiefying change (if anything:P the despcription suggested me it does this at least int he lore, not sure if in the game itself) only if I PERFORM the zombyfying procedure?

I'm just worried I might loose dragons I'd never want to have zombiefied or killed if I don't cure them or spread the diesease^^;

edit: omg lame me, I just visited an infected dragons' page and it says not to worry and that nothing will happen to it:P

Edited by VixenDra

I TRIED to use the guides but ALL they did was make me that much more confused and VERY Frustrated with the minesweeper *cry*

Are the 'infected' dragons somehow in danger e.g. of turning into zombies on their own? or it maybe just increases the zombiefying change (if anything:P the despcription suggested me it does this at least int he lore, not sure if in the game itself) only if I PERFORM the zombyfying procedure?

I'm just worried I might loose dragons I'd never want to have zombiefied or killed if I don't cure them or spread the diesease^^;

Hm... It does say that no dragons will be permanently harmed by this. But it'd be interesting if the ones that're infected have a better chance of becoming zombies...

Edited by Vrack

Ah okay, I am a bit at loss here. What is the relevance of me playing at all? Is it that if all players as whole do not fill bar towards the cure side, then we won't get the magical staff? I guess I'm not really getting what the event is about. o_o I play minesweeper and cure 10 mins and then what? What does it lead to?

Ok, I think I worded that badly. What I mean is, although every player's 'spread' or 'cure' has an impact on the bar, but there are so many people playing that you shouldn't expect the bar to visibly move just from your one action.

As for the badge, that is supposed to reflect what action you've done the majority of the time, according to TJ over here, but it doesn't seem to be working as it should at the moment.

Managed to complete the game once and get my lil healing badge. I was never all that good at Minesweeper. rolleyes.gif

Ugh...I HATE Minesweeper! I can't stand games with numbers-logic, and have no patience for Minesweeper...never have...Guess that means no badge for me...sad.gif

Took me much longer than I'd like to admit to beat the contagion game once tongue.gif

Love the idea for the event! Thank you again smile.gif Happy Halloween!

Thanks for the explanation! So basically if I stop playing, there's no impact on my badge or anything else right? (If so I'll just focus on getting treats because I don't have much time to play this week).

on another note, my poor chicken got devoured. :'/ https://i.imgur.com/uOHWXPW.jpg

Uhm....is the 2016 badge supposed to show up as SOON as one finally gets the chance to spread or cure and does which option picked effect the kind of badge one gets?Because I just finally got given the aforementioned options and have yet to get a new badge.sad.gif

If people are having trouble understanding how to play the minigame because written instructions are difficult to follow, then there are youtube instructional videos on how to play minesweeper.

Sometimes it's easier to understand visual instruction. smile.gif

Curious. Why of all Halloween breeds are Cavern Lurkers the most numerous in the AP at the moment? Does anyone have a theory?

/Edit: Right after I posted this, other Halloween eggs entered the AP. tongue.gif But it was almost all Cavern Lurkers for an hour or so!

Edited by Natevaelle

Uhm....is the 2016 badge supposed to show up as SOON as one finally gets the chance to spread or cure and does which option picked effect the kind of badge one gets?Because I just finally got given the aforementioned options and have yet to get a new badge.sad.gif

I'm not entirely sure what you mean.

If you mean does curing/spreading define your badge, yes. Currently it seems to be awarded based on the first one you pick and not changing. But TJ said its supposed to be based on which one you do more.

I have nostalgia for all the wrong reasons, could never play it even with help. Aha!

Happy Halloween to all smile.gif

All right, AGYK already beat me to a guide, but I've made a (sloppier) one for those who would like another example. (Click for full size)

http://imgur.com/7zTf3Et

Happy sweeping!

OKAY. There are way too many of you not having an easy time with the Minesweeper game, so I threw together an Imgur album explaining how the logic behind the game works.

Once you get used to the basic logic, you'll start recognizing patterns, and then the game gets a lot simpler. This should help you get that far.

Use it and enjoy it! And go spread that cure!

Another minesweeper explanation bump.

GDI Miinesweeper. It took me 35 minutes to beat it once, and that was using a minesweeper strategy guide that showed me what patterns I needed to look for. That page was the most helpful thing I found in my googling.

But it's okay! It's done, I chose to heal, and now I can focus on breeding and hunting for candy. biggrin.gif

Did you actually click on spread or cure?