TJ09

2016-10-25 - Halloween Contagion

I somehow won by left-clicking two squares randomly. Luck 9000th level. Enough minesweeper.

I will admit, I'm not a big fan of Minesweeper-style games. But seriously, this is actually fun.

I'm going for healing, and I will say the badge looks pretty nice...

I do have to ask this, if you win once is there any reason to continue playing other than to spread/cure the disease more? If not I am so totally 101% completely done with minesweeper! I meant to click on cure and ended up clicking spread so I have an ugly trophy to commemorate my win. xd.png

Although I am a little bit evil so it is only fitting. >.> *insert evil laugh here*

The only reason I would dare play again is if I could change my trophy or if there was an amazing prize besides the trophy itself. tongue.gif

Edited by Sunlexor

Yeayyyy. Thanks TJ and your wonderful team for another fabulous Halloween. I love minesweeper too smile.gif

YES! I've been waiting for this moment for months.

Gotta go collect my first halloweens! *runs off to the AP*

user posted image

2 more squares to erase... D: any help?

// Nevermind, I won and decided to cure :--) ~

Edited by Bamboomonkey

I hate Minesweeper. Did I mention I hate Minesweeper? I absolutely do hate Minesweeper. -.- This event is going to be painful, on the upside though, yay halloween treats and halloween eggies!! Thanks for the contest. The infection spread concept is great, although in all honesty I am having trouble understanding this event.

In the middle row of three squares, the left-most should be safe, if I'm not mistaken.

Also the left-most in the bottom row of three covered squares.

Edited by ryon_brink

It's so confusing when you don't mark viruses. My memory is not that good. laugh.gif

I believe:

6th row, leftmost blank square should be clean

8th/last row, leftmost blank square should be clean

I thiiiiiiiink

user posted image

(third bottom row) [1] [1] [0] [1] [1] [safe] [bomb] [bomb]

Bottom row: [1] [safe]

I think. Good luck tongue.gif

Tip:

It makes it a lot easier if you mark where the virus is

Edited by AppleMango

In the minigame, make sure you remember to click on the virus icon before clicking on a tile you want to mark as contaminated. Or alternatively right click on it. EVERY TIME you want to mark a tile. You want to mark three tiles in a row? Virus icon - > mark, virus icon -> mark, virus icon - > mark.

It seems like the kind of thing that is easy to forget about. I know I have.

I feel like the marker got mis-described. It definitely looks like cure is winning if you don't read the paragraph and just look at the marker.

It's been fixed. ^^

In the minigame, make sure you remember to click on the virus icon before clicking on a tile you want to mark as contaminated. Or alternatively right click on it. EVERY TIME you want to mark a tile. You want to mark three tiles in a row? Virus icon - > mark, virus icon -> mark, virus icon - > mark.

It seems like the kind of thing that is easy to forget about. I know I have.

And if you're on a Mac, make sure you press control+click and not command+click. laugh.gif I've oopsied a few times holding down the wrong button. rolleyes.gif

Omg I'm so EXCITED for this event! wub.gif I think the green goo makes my dragons look so eerie and amazing! Time to spread more of the disease... tongue.gif

I found a Hyper Light Drifter treat! AWESOME! biggrin.gif

Edited by Ripan

Anyone have an infected leetle tree? Mine's so pretty! Spooky tree, spooky moon, spooky green fog... except the sludge is covering the eyes a bit.

Edited by MessengerDragon

I hate Minesweeper. Did I mention I hate Minesweeper? I absolutely do hate Minesweeper. -.- This event is going to be painful, on the upside though, yay halloween treats and halloween eggies!! Thanks for the contest. The infection spread concept is great, although in all honesty I am having trouble understanding this event.

You're not the only one who hates Minesweeper,

I thought just occurred to me. What if that marker in the main menu moves only when someone selects an alignment for the very first time, and then all consecutive times any person plays again, regardless of what alignment they chose then, it will not affect the marker at all? So like, if i play 7 games and all the while select infest nothing will change in the marker, it only ever will count that 1 game i played for which i chose to cure. I wanna know how it really works !

I thought just occurred to me. What if that marker in the main menu moves only when someone selects an alignment for the very first time, and then all consecutive times any person plays again, regardless of what alignment they chose then, it will not affect the marker at all? So like, if i play 7 games and all the while select infest nothing will change in the marker, it only ever will count that 1 game i played for which i chose to cure. I wanna know how it really works !

You can submit results every 10 minutes, so I think that means any time you play outside of 10 minutes from your last game, it effects the meter.

The instant trick-or-treat glitch is back! O: Edit: and gone? 5 treats in less than a minute, that was a thing

Edited by Mlu

The description says "submit a win for research every ten minutes"

From the way I read it every ten minutes you can play a game that counts towards the marker. Although it's unlikely we'll see it change from every individual win contributed, because there's so many people playing.

Anyone have an infected leetle tree? Mine's so pretty! Spooky tree, spooky moon, spooky green fog... except the sludge is covering the eyes a bit.

I went to look bc of this and mine isn't sad.gif and yours isn't anymore so I can't see sad.gif