TJ09

2016-10-25 - Halloween Contagion

I have been trying to follow these instructions to no avail. Every time I think there is no "ooze" there is. or I end up having no spaces that clearly tell me. It is amazingly frustrating.

Sorry to hear that. I know how frustrating it can get. The only thing I can still think of is to start in the middle, go over everything very slowly, and either guess or directly restart when there's no clear solution to any of the tiles. Something that usually helps me is to draw circles around each number with my mouse to make sure I don't skip any connecting tiles that I haven't uncovered yet in my head.

@Dirtytabs: Cool guide! thumbs_up.png

Edited by ryon_brink

Okay, Happy Halloween and all that, but something about the game is really confusing me. It's not the game itself, that I've got figured out (even though it took me a dozen tries to do so), it's the info on the event page.

It says, "The meter measures the progress of the contagion across all of Galsreim. As the marker moves to the left, the more sick dragons become. As the marker moves to the right, dragons are cured of the dreaded malady."

Now, looking at the progress bar, it is clearly moving towards the left and the "zombie" picture, but the bar is primarily blue, which seems to be associated with the "cure" faction. So who is currently winning? Infect or Cure?

I apologize if this has been pointed out, but it's seriously confusing me.

I like this minesweeping competition. But why would the majority of players want to cure this!?! Go camp contagion!

I was wondering when this started. Guess I know what I'll be doing the next couple of days.

Happy early Halloween btw.

I like this minesweeping competition. But why would the majority of players want to cure this!?! Go camp contagion!

It's so we can get the fancy looking winged staff and feel like magical girls(?) wink.gif

There will be lots of things to do this week! Halloween is too exciting here, I must admit it xd.png

Looking at the scroll badges around here, it seems that nobody is choosing to spread the malady.

I feel like a really bad person now. ninja.gif

Do not be deceived by mine, I am actually a spreader. All this spreading is eventually gonna come back to bite me when it turns out the badges are bugged and must be assigned based on what you did more, as then there's no way i'll be able to return back to a curing person in time, welp

The second image I caught in this year's Trick-or-Treat collection is the SPISPOPD pumpkin. I am so happy to see that!

I do not know who is the author of that sprite, but I love it. This brought back so many memories of when I was playing Doom more than twenty years ago and when I was the co-author of the first Doom level editor. Thanks to whoever thought about SPISPOPD!

Hahaha! As I've been going through and breeding my Halloweens sometimes only one of the pair is infected and so now I'm imagining these interactions from an RP standpoint, ranging from "Honey?? Are you sure you're all right??" "Yes, dear, *sniffle* I'm *coughing fit* *sneezes* fine." to "EW NO GET AWAY! *invents a Lysol spell*" XD

So, uh... has anyone seen any actual candy? It's occurred to me that there seems to be very little of it these past couple years...

Yes, minesweeper is my jam. I was ace at that when I was a kid! biggrin.gif

Choosing to cure, though it looks like I'm in the minority so far (at least as I'm reading the marker). Now to see if I can find some of the lines I need from the piles in the AP.

Do not be deceived by mine, I am actually a spreader. All this spreading is eventually gonna come back to bite me when it turns out the badges are bugged and must be assigned based on what you did more, as then there's no way i'll be able to return back to a curing person in time, welp

I'm proud of my spreader badge. It looks cool to me, even if I'm not able to feel like a magical girl now with the cute winged staff xd.png

But it feels TOO GOOD to be bad. It's Halloween after all.

I *hate* Minesweeper with a passion, but my hubby showed me a couple tricks to the game and I'm getting better at it!

Right now I am stuck...

user posted image

I am terrified I am going to make the wrong move ohmy.gif! Does anyone know what to do?

The lower 3 already touches 3 wink.gif

Right now I am stuck...

user posted image

I am terrified I am going to make the wrong move ohmy.gif! Does anyone know what to do?

In the upper right corner, there's a two between two threes. You should be able to safely click the patch to the bottom right of that two, since it's already touching two tiles you've marked as ooze. Then the last two tiles should be ooze, according to the counter.

The lower 3 already touches 3 wink.gif

I have NO idea what that means xd.png

NO WAY! I actually won! Thank you everyone!

I still think minesweeper is infuriating tongue.gif

Edited by Sunlexor

user posted image

if you click the black circle I believe you win.

edit: no problem I love minesweeper way too much.

Edited by 626lavaheart

I'm proud of my spreader badge. It looks cool to me, even if I'm not able to feel like a magical girl now with the cute winged staff xd.png

But it feels TOO GOOD to be bad. It's Halloween after all.

you fully embrace being a crawly spreader, respectable

and also Sun, that square in the 3x3 space of Number 3 is safe

um

[2] [bug] [safe]

[2] [3] [bug]

[] [2] [bug]

Yes, minesweeper is my jam. I was ace at that when I was a kid! biggrin.gif

Choosing to cure, though it looks like I'm in the minority so far (at least as I'm reading the marker). Now to see if I can find some of the lines I need from the piles in the AP.

It's very confusing, isn't it? The marker, at least to me since it looks like blue is associated with the Cure side, seems to contradict the info :/

Maybe I'm just an idiot, but if it really is right, we're both in the minority.

It's very confusing, isn't it? The marker, at least to me since it looks like blue is associated with the Cure side, seems to contradict the info :/

Maybe I'm just an idiot, but if it really is right, we're both in the minority.

I feel like the marker got mis-described. It definitely looks like cure is winning if you don't read the paragraph and just look at the marker.

In the game, does "surrounded" mean also in diagonal way? Like if it says it toutches 3 mines, can it be angularly?

Im also very bad in this game.. :D

In the game, does "surrounded" mean also in diagonal way? Like if it says it toutches 3 mines, can it be angularly?

Im also very bad in this game.. biggrin.gif

Yes, all 8 tiles surrounding the tile you're looking at are taken into account.

So in theory, we could have a tile with a 7 or 8 on it, although the highest I've seen is a 6.

OKAY. There are way too many of you not having an easy time with the Minesweeper game, so I threw together an Imgur album explaining how the logic behind the game works.

Once you get used to the basic logic, you'll start recognizing patterns, and then the game gets a lot simpler. This should help you get that far.

Use it and enjoy it! And go spread that cure!

Bumps. o3o

I feel like the marker got mis-described.

Oh, it does look like it. I'll double check with TJ. o.o

Yes, it can be diagonally or directly.