TJ09

2016-10-25 - Halloween Contagion

part of me wishes the game screen was a lot snazier, decorated in the spirit of halloween and stuff! Somehow?? maybe looked like a lab. it just looks not dragon-cavey enough! but another part of me says -and much more loudly- "dear god, these artists deserve a breather"

I don't know how to help the people who are bad at minesweeper. I'm decent at it. Just look at every block as an isolated ring, I guess. Sometimes you have to guess at the end. Also, start at the corners, especially any with a 1.

Edited by Diamondinmyeye

Finally, all that time I use playing minesweeper is useful! laugh.gif

I wish I had more free time this year to get the new zombie dragons sprites, but alas I am too busy. Next year for sure though! They're all so well made.

Happy Halloween everyone! biggrin.gif

I'm loving the backstory for the event. I know what I'll be spending my time with over the next few days.

@Raptor of Dragons: I think it's just regular maintenance.

Huzzah ! DC Halloween is back ! A Happy Halloween to you all !

The first DC place I went today was my scroll - just to notice green fog around many dragons (and hatchies, an the one egg) ! Alarming ! Decorative, but alarming.

So I sprang into action and looked up the news - now I'm diligently working at the cure. It's not decorative fog but slimey goo, after all ! And I can't have any poor dragon wobble around as a zombie !

And I already got a really beautiful badge for it ! That staff isn't just a symbol of honour, hope and compassion - it also will be brought to good use against anyone that tries to sneak aroud Lantea to spread the contagion, so be warned !

The art for the event is great. And I just love the Trick-or-Treat border - that haunted swamp with spooky castle is just perfect ! Absolutely fantastic !

Also, I just found the bunch of cats. They are so cute it's bordering on spooky ! laugh.gif

Thank you so much, TJ, staff and artists !

Edit: One question, though. The event text says: "As the marker moves to the left, the more sick dragons become. As the marker moves to the right, dragons are cured of the dreaded malady." But the coloured portions of the scale look like it should be the other way around. (Marker to the left = more blue = more dragons cured. Like "pushing back" the opponent.)

Edited by Lantean_Pegasus

oh nooooo i'm bad at minesweeper send help

I'm really fond of the healy staff, though. :U and yaaaaaaay/oh nooooooo new zombos

There will be lots of things to do this week! Halloween is too exciting here, I must admit it xd.png

Looking at the scroll badges around here, it seems that nobody is choosing to spread the malady.

I feel like a really bad person now. ninja.gif

The minigame finally works on a PS4 console for me, & because my mood has soured somewhat, I've gone against my normal tendencies & elected to spread the virus. Time to release my inner demons!

Cool to see people spreading the virus. If only so I can see the badge I missed out on. xd.png

Also it kinda makes it more fun, no?

Be nice if the "winning faction" effects some sort of storyline or something.

I do not understand this minigame at all... Looks like I will never get my badge.

It's Minesweeper. The only difference is a coat of paint.

I do not understand this minigame at all... Looks like I will never get my badge.

It's essentially Minesweeper, so if you're having trouble you should be able to find some tips or more concise instructions by searching for that on google for example.

Basically, the numbers on the fields tell you how many mines ("patches of ooze") are touching that particular field (vertically, horizontally, and diagonally). So by logic-ing your way through it you should be able to tell which patches are numbers or empty, and which patches are filled with ooze and therefore shouldn't be clicked on.

It's essentially Minesweeper, so if you're having trouble you should be able to find some tips or more concise instructions by searching for that on google for example.

Basically, the numbers on the fields tell you how many mines ("patches of ooze") are touching that particular field (vertically, horizontally, and diagonally). So by logic-ing your way through it you should be able to tell which patches are numbers or empty, and which patches are filled with ooze and therefore shouldn't be clicked on.

I have been trying to follow these instructions to no avail. Every time I think there is no "ooze" there is. or I end up having no spaces that clearly tell me. It is amazingly frustrating.

All right, AGYK already beat me to a guide, but I've made a (sloppier) one for those who would like another example. (Click for full size)

user posted image

Happy sweeping!