Tigerkralle

Tiny addition for the encyclopedia

Hi,

so what about the tiny additon that there is a sign like we all now on our scrolls or the words male or female underneath/next to the sprite for sprites with dimorphism?

If like to freeze CBs for each gender and each breed and have almost every sprite unlocked in the encyclopedia but if i take a look at the encyclodpedia i often have to open the wiki or go back to my scroll to look up if this is the male or female sprite for this breed. Especially for the hatchlings sprites.

Do i have your support for this idea?

Cheers!

Tigerkralle

ETA:

Typos...

Edited by Tigerkralle

Do you mean something like this:

user posted image

user posted image

Because I wouldn't mind. Makes things easier for people.

Do you mean something like this:

user posted image

user posted image

Because I wouldn't mind. Makes things easier for people.

Um, this is going to be so weird, but the legs of the pink hatchies look cut off

Those are how those legs always look. They're not cut off.

This would be fine. (although if those two examples hold true for all, the male sprite is always first)

Um, this is going to be so weird, but the legs of the pink hatchies look cut off

I think they're tucked back. Anyway, that's what they look like on the scroll, so I guess that's something to mention to the spriter, if it really bugs you.

I like this idea. It would also help if the sprites are uniform (like dimorphics are always laid out in the same way, males on the left females on the right). I can't be sure because I don't really feel like going through 100+ dragons to check, but I don't think they're always uniform in the encyclopedia.

ETA: I just checked one entry, Spring, and the female is put first in that entry. So yes.

Edit 2: I did go through them after all because I apparently can't help myself, and of the dragons that are dimorphic (89), 81 have males first and 8 have females first. That includes Alt Blacks, when regular Black dragons have males first. I hope that at least the Black dragon entry will be fixed soon, that's kind of confusing.

Edited by silver_chan

Yes, something like that Shokomon.

So i am not the only one who is confused if the male really always is the first sprite from the right to the left.

silver_chan gives us the proof that a little sign or a word is helpful.

Glad, that i am not the only one who is confused. The encyclopedia is official and the wiki not so if we have the encyclopedia our informations should come from the official source.^^

@silver_chan

Wow! So you really took a look at all dragons with dimorphism. Kudos!

Those are how those legs always look. They're not cut off.

This would be fine. (although if those two examples hold true for all, the male sprite is always first)

So I feel stupid. I was trying to trace the legs and the hind feet almost blend in with the tail. It looked weird to me then I realized, I'm an idiot. Although, are the hind feet even supposed to bend like that? If so, then I have no problem with the sprite

So I feel stupid. I was trying to trace the legs and the hind feet almost blend in with the tail. It looked weird to me then I realized, I'm an idiot. Although, are the hind feet even supposed to bend like that? If so, then I have no problem with the sprite

Yooo, I didn't notice the legs were curving back! I thought they just had leg nubs the entire time. xd.png

Also the Springs, who have the alternate order, for comparison:

user posted imageuser posted image

I guess it doesn't matter to me one way or another, but I'd prefer that the sprites were just uniformly ordered. ^^

I guess it doesn't matter to me one way or another, but I'd prefer that the sprites were just uniformly ordered. ^^

Either that socky or we need little icons to distinguish male and female sprite in the encyclopedia.^^

I would prefer all of them to be ordered male/female without the symbols. The symbols look rather messy for me.

A little word beneath the spirte will also work. Just not this messed up situation anymore. wink.gif

Either that socky or we need little icons to distinguish male and female sprite in the encyclopedia.^^

...Yes, and I prefer things be ordered the same, as I said. ^^

I am also fine with a strict order for ALL breeds in the complete encyclodpedia without exceptions for all breeds with dimorphism of any kind! First male then female or the other way 'round.

I think the symbols are fine. I love the way the symbols in general look, so I guess that's why. But it'd also work if they were just ordered.