mpolo

Holiday dragons in Breed sort

A filter would be so handy! I keep my own holiday dragon groups but a quick filter for who hasn't been bred yet would still be super helpful for me.

Ah, there IS a suggestion on this. Good.

I just want consistency. All the Holiday dragons sorted by their breed name, or all in one big jolly Halloween-Christmas-Valentine's clump. Honestly I favor the former, and love the filter suggestion for the active breeding seasons. I'm working on putting them all into groups for their specific holidays for my own convenience, but the fact that Halloweens and Valentine's are sorted by breed name and the Christmas dragons are still clumped is driving me nuts.

Also can we please fix the dino/chicken sort situation thank you

Edited by LibbyLishly
Confusion

I wouldn't be a huge fan of Halloweens, Christmases, and Valentines all being grouped together on one page. The reason I haven't switched from Legacy sort is that the holidays all sort together already (Halloweens under H, etc.), but that's not the case with other sorting methods or groups. I would love something like "Halloween 2017: Omen Wyrm."

Yeah, I'd like that, too. The current sorting for holiday breeds under breed sort kind of disturbs me, I prefer them grouped together like in legacy sort (Halloween 2009 (pumpkin), Halloween 2010 (black marrow), Halloween 2011 (shadow walker)...). It's the only reason why I put up with legacy breed sort, actually. Because it often messes with where certain breeds appear. I already know (from long experience) that dinos sort as "yoshi (color)", GoNs sort as "Lugia" and Avatars as "Lugiaavatars". I don't get why Sinomorphs sort between Magma and Mint (mega-something?), Zyumorphs between Diamondwings and Dorsals or why some of the 2-headed breeds are sorted together at the top of the scroll (2-headed something) while others turn up under their breed name. It's horribly confusing. And can you imagine trying to go through a scroll full of thousands of dragons in order to find the newest breed that is sorted illogically? It's lots of fun. /sarcasm

... Have I not commented in this thread? A big YES PLEASE to consistent holiday sorting!! I honestly preferred it when all the V-days sorted together, all the Halloweens sorted together, etc. That was so much easier. Now they are spread out all over the scroll and it's very very annoying to hunt for each breed. I'm aware the reasoning here is probably that Halloween and V-day dragons have "official" names while Christmas dragons are all called "Holiday (year)", but I honestly don't think that's a good enough reason for having such inconsistency with sorting (and anyways I very much support the suggestion of having the "non-official" Christmas dragon names be official!). Either group each holiday together, including all Christmas/Holidays, or spread them out according to their names. One or the other. It just doesn't make sense to have three different types of holiday-dragons, and have two types spread out all over the scroll by breed name and then one type all clumped together.

Edited by Marie19R

@olympe Sinomorphs and Zyumorphs likely sort that way because Megazord and Dinozord.

But yeah, there's no reason for one holiday to be clumped together while the others are spread out. I'd rather have all three clumped together for convenience reasons, but if the alternative is the current sort I'll also take them all being spread out.

I... don't even know what those "zords" are? And even if I did, I'd have to know to look for my dragons there, instead of where their breed name suggests. Which still is no fun.

7 hours ago, olympe said:

I... don't even know what those "zords" are? And even if I did, I'd have to know to look for my dragons there, instead of where their breed name suggests. Which still is no fun.

It's Power Rangers. Sinomorphs and Zyumorphs are power ranger dragons.

I was only explaining the probable logic, so I'm not sure why you thought I was defending how nonsensical Legacy is...?

I know what you were doing. It's just that, without some extra knowledge, you won't ever know where to look, no matter what. I'm not into Power Rangers and never have been, so the reference is lost on me. (Why does legacy breed sort have to use a non-canon name for the breed that has absolutely nothing to do with the site itself and can't be found anywhere on it?) On the other hand, I know enough about Pokémon to get the Lugia reference with the GoN and avatars.

I don't know anything about Power Rangers or Pokemon, so I wish breeds would just sort as their official names (excluding holidays, which should sort by holiday and year). That just seems like the simplest way to do it in my opinion.

20 minutes ago, The Dragoness said:

I don't know anything about Power Rangers or Pokemon, so I wish breeds would just sort as their official names (excluding holidays, which should sort by holiday and year). That just seems like the simplest way to do it in my opinion.

Yeah - as another who knows nothing about Power Rangers and doesn't  wish to, I absolutely agree. I had learned to live with Yoshis, and reluctantly with Lugia but if this is going to happen more and more - please can they sort by their official names.

Exactly. It used to be better when, at the very least, you could look these things up on the wiki page. But since the new breed sort is a thing and the old one has become a mere legacy... *sighs*

ETA: Or is TJ trying to get us to turn off legacy breed sort so he can turn off the feature completely? It seems like the most logical explanation. :blush:

Edited by olympe

I don't actually know what legacy sort is FOR....

Actually, breed sort has been reformed a while back. Legacy breed sort is the old breed sort - and cannot be selected any more. Once you have a different sort applied, you can't go back.

The new breed sort, as far as I know, sorts breeds by their official name, while the legacy sort often uses "pet names" (like Lugia for GoN, Yoshi for dinos and so on), but also keeps all holidays of a kind together - unlike the new breed sort.

On 10/17/2016 at 12:18 PM, Fiona said:

Halloween dragons used to all sort together as "Halloween 20XX" but TJ changed it to sort under the dragons' breed name: "Black Marrow", "Shadow Walker", etc. I like that he did that.

I'd rather they stay that way. I'm not going to pitch a fit if he changes it again, but I do like that Shadow Walkers sort as Shadow Walkers and not "Halloween 2011"

I'd rather have the Holiday/Christmas dragons sort as "Holly", "Yule Buck", etc. too. I know that's the opposite of what you guys are asking for.

This. I hate that the Christmas dragons cluster and do NOT want the others to do that. Overall, consistency is most important to me, so I'd rather see them all clump up rather than continue as it is, but my ideal would be for them to all sort by their actual names. It's not like they don't have official names.

Also - yeah guys what you're asking for as far as the 'pet' names was already done. Just stop using legacy sort. Of course then you'll no longer have clustered holidays... Hopefully TJ will see this and impose some kind of consistency.

Edited by Lurhstaap