Fightandspawn

Furries

Are any of you guys here furs? If not, share your thoughts as well. Let the discussion commence.

i think that i could consider myself a furry, my girlfriend sure loves to taunt me about it playfully haha

i've always wanted a fursuit and to go to anthrocon, but it's very expensive and i feel like the fursuit would get ruined easily in my house

i have been drawing furries since forever though, most of my characters are furries. i don't often like to tell everyone that i'm a "furry" just due to the reputation they usually have, which is a misunderstanding entirely but what are you gonna do? i mean.. i don't really blame people, some furries can be really creepy, most are very sweet and kind though from what i have seen, but it only takes one bad apple to spoil the bunch i guess

there's a lot of incredible media made by skilled furs, i think that side of the fandom should really be expressed more

I had a boyfriend that did. I don't hate many kink-related things, but sadly, furries are one of the things I just can't not be annoyed by. I gave it a try. I really did. I entertained him. Not my cup of tea. Maybe doesn't help that he was an idiot... He cheated on his then current boyfriend to kiss another furry that we knew. Don't know why I said yes to going out with him. Got PTSD from that little minx.

But you know what, that's none of my business; you do you. Have fun. Be safe.

It is sad that some furries will draw naughty photos of children's cartoons. I'm sad when I see a group of people misrepresented...

I'm so sorry all of that happened to you evangeline5432 (small text).

I've had a few friends who were furries and introduced me to some of the art and literature that goes along with it. I have to say, a lot of them are really talented! I really enjoyed the exposure. Also, at my university's art gallery a student was showcasing her work and actually dressed up in her fur costume for the event. It was a super impressive suit!

So I wouldn't say it's something that would ever interest me in my personal life, but I still can appreciate it and find it fascinating. It's a pretty harmless thing, if everyone was more open-minded I think they'd understand that and not give it a bad rep.

I would consider myself a furry. I've loved animals my whole life, and stories about them have always interested me. I also draw a lot of anthro art, and have a bunch of furry characters I've created, so "furry" is a good label for me.

I'm not really interested in fursuits (too hot and expensive, I've heard) or cons, and I don't actively seek out other furries, so I'm not part of the community.

As for the less savory part of the fandom, that's present in every fandom I've ever seen, so it doesn't really bother me. There are plenty of amazing things done by furries that are much more deserving of attention.

What kind of bothers me personally is when people get furries mixed up with therians. I'm not sure whether it's a common thought or not, but I did have to explain it to my mother once. While there are therian furries, not all furries are therian.

I have to admit, I always thought of "Furry" as being some sort of weird sexual kink or fetish, but in recent times, I've learnt a little more about it, I've come to realise that yes - there are some who have a kink or fetish relating to furries, ect (and you have to admit, there is a LOOOTT of Anthro pr0n out there .-., even of childrens tv characters, which frankly, is sometimes disgusting) But mostly, it's just people that like animals, and dressing up as animals, drawing animals, drawing antrho's, ect.

And every "subculture" has its bad people, that give off a bad vibe or whatever, so I guess it's no different. I'm sure there's plenty of Pr0n of videogame characters, movie characters, anime characters, book characters, or anything, really, that isn't all furry.

So whilst I'm not a furry myself, I sometimes draw Anthro characters, and tbh, my two online portrayals of myself, whilst being human - one has fox ears and a fox tail, and the other has antlers. So I guess that's a little similar. xd.png

Edited by Trickseh

I'm not a furry, and I don't have a problem with people who like to engage in the furry culture. However, I have to draw the line at the whole sexual kink/fetish stuff as I find it kind of gross to view animals (anthropomorphic or otherwise) in such a way. But hey, different strokes for different folks, right?

Yeah! I've always considered myself to be a furry, since I've loved to draw animals since I was like...3? And animals were always my forte. I have a fursona and all that usual stuff. I also wanna dress in a fursuit but I don't wanna disappoint my parents lol//

What kind of bothers me personally is when people get furries mixed up with therians. I'm not sure whether it's a common thought or not, but I did have to explain it to my mother once. While there are therian furries, not all furries are therian.

Could you please explain this to me? I don't know what they are. Like I know what furries are, I think, no idea on therians or furries vs therians.

Could you please explain this to me? I don't know what they are. Like I know what furries are, I think, no idea on therians or furries vs therians.

A therian is a person who identifies as a nonhuman animal. They're a subtype of otherkin who believe they are (mentally or spiritually) a real world animal.

Because furries often make animal personas, there can be some confusion. The fact that there are therian furries adds to this (I think my mom encountered a therian furry, and that's why she mixed them up).

I hope that makes sense? I'm sorry for confusing you.

Been a furry since I don't know long (since high school at least, I believe, though I didn't discover fursuits until a few years ago) :3

A therian is a person who identifies as a nonhuman animal. They're a subtype of otherkin who believe they are (mentally or spiritually) a real world animal.

Because furries often make animal personas, there can be some confusion. The fact that there are therian furries adds to this (I think my mom encountered a therian furry, and that's why she mixed them up).

I hope that makes sense? I'm sorry for confusing you.

Yes that makes sense. Thank you biggrin.gif

I'm not a furry but I've been around the community. It's a cheery place for the most part.

Yes there is a lot of "weird" people, and artwork, but this is no where near unique to furries. Someone once told me the reason there seems to be more of that in the furry fandom is because it is often a representation of people's secret inner self or lives which they can't live out properly in life. I'm not sure that changes my opinion of it, but it makes sense.

The therian community on the other hand is often more into spirituality. You can often detect these differences in tone quite quickly. And yes they should never be considered the same.