Confused Cat

How do you sort your scroll?

How do you sort your scroll?  

196 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Legacy Breed Name. Couldn't even tell you the difference between legacy and reg breed name.

I'm 100 % lazy and scared of change.

Rainbow, but my own version. I'm not really a fan of the site's version. I also like to keep the breeds sorted with 4 adult males, male hatchling, ungendered hatchling, female hatchling, and 4 adult females (or just 4 adults, gendered hatchling, ungendered hatchling if the breed has only one gender, or adult, gendered hatchling, ungendered hatchling in the case of GON's) I keep the breeds I'm still working on at the top and my zombie fodder at the end too.

On 1/21/2019 at 9:18 PM, jewel21 said:

I ended up doing a manual custom sort to recreate the Legacy Breed order which took me hours and hours. It sucks though, because now, every time a dragon grows up, I have to manually insert it into the right place. I wish we could go back and re-click the Legacy Breed Name option. Visually it's much nicer than Breed Sort. 

That's exactly what I did :P I had to search for scrolls which still had that order to recreate it as accurately as possible. I think it took me 2 days between searching and reordering. I really miss that option.

14 hours ago, PinkyHedgehog said:

That's exactly what I did :P I had to search for scrolls which still had that order to recreate it as accurately as possible. I think it took me 2 days between searching and reordering. I really miss that option.

Haha, I'm glad I'm not the only one who did this! I really miss this option, too. I don't know why TJ can't put it back. 

Mostly legacy, sometimes alternate.

I'm very particular about my scroll order, so here goes:

1. all growing eggs

2. all growing hatchlings

3. special things (leetle tree, CB prize, upside down mint)

4. CB non-holiday breeds sorted alphabetically (within each breed: 1 CB female and male from each location available [in order of alpine, coast, desert, forest, jungle, volcano], 2G purebred frozen hatchlings of each stage, all other CBs of that breed)

5. Holiday dragons (sorted by year, oldest to newest) - Valentine's day, Halloween, Christmas - (CB first, then correctly lineaged in order of length of lineage [all dragons within each category sorted alphabetically by mate], then any misgendered dragons)

6. Holiday x Holiday dragons, sorted by holiday and year

7. Bred and Hybrid dragons - sorted by breed

Is it sometimes a pain in the butt? Yes. But it does satisfy my need for spreadsheets and order? YES! :)

Breed sort, with groups where I keep all my shiny and special things like rares and stuff, plus a dozen other groups for various things. I use breed sort in almost all the groups, though in some I use age sort and in my group of dragons that need holiday mates, I decided to try out custom sorting to organize the list and help me find dragons that need mates from specific holidays.

Sorted by the date I first acquired that breed..... so yeah, makes it super difficult for anyone else to find things on my scroll! Luckily I joined in 2010, so it's basically ordered by release date past the second page.

My holidays all ended up under the first one of that holiday I aquired, so it goes halloween - christmas - valentines on my scroll!

My first 4 dragons were magi, water, waterhose and mint, so these are the breeds at the top of my scroll. I did however put the small sprites at the very top (back when there were only a few pygymies) so they wouldn't get lost......... well this has gone a bit crazy and now i have pygmies/chickens overruning the first page 🤣.

I sort using custom sort and dragging them to where they belong! Males of a breed go above females, so the oldest male is higher, then younger males, then oldest female, then younger females.

Eggs and hatchlings at the top. Then adults stay there under -to be sorted- until I've added them to spreadsheet/bred them.

The only good thing about the way I sort is that new releases are always at the bottom.... and I've gotton used to it and can find breeds quite easily now. Sorry to anyone else looking for a certain breed on there!

Edited by Seahorse

I do custom sort but I honestly hate it because it's a pain having to manually sort each dragon once they've grown but I also don't like any of the other sorting options.

My whole scroll is organized based on where I feel dragons should go together, nothing fancy like rainbow but colors do play a part in what I group together. 

I do keep all water-types together at the tail-end of my scroll.

Holidays are all at the very end. My zombies & leetle on top right after growing eggs & hatchlings. Wait no, I forgot about my chickens XD The other after growing things is: Leetle, Chickens, and zombies XD 

The only unbreedables I have up-front. I have Aethers after that but that's just because I like them (basically how my entire scroll is organized: You go there because I like you there/these colors look good)

Having custom sort means I even have to sort my eggs to every time I grab something from cave or AP. 

I guess you could call my scroll organized chaos.

The one thing I'm strict about is separating CBs and bred though which is an absolute pain because there's no indicator of what CB is so every time something grows up I have to sort through my dragons. Honestly one of the reasons I love different gender sprites is because they help make sorting soo much easier for me especially since I don't have many named dragons so it's really hard for me to differentiate from male to female while sorting.

I always have to have at least three tabs of my scroll open just to sort every time.

QAQ

I really wish there was an easier way to differentiate CBs and bred. But yeah every breed on my scroll is sorted CB first, bred, then frozen mature hatchlings, and finally frozen hatchlings. Clumping the genders together helps me differentiate cbs and breds. 

I did try to sort by rainbow and then breed once but I really didn't like it and didn't want to try using it and permanently lose my own custom sort settings. So I guess I'm just stuck OTL

I don't know why I make things so hard for myself T^T

I'm so used to where everything is though that if I change it now I'd probably end up confusing myself.

Edited by Mochi

I use custom sort. 

0 - eggs

1 - Special Dragons (for me)

2 - My "family" collection (Male - Male hatchl. - ungenered hatchl. - female hatchl. - Female)

3. Holiday Families + zombies + dinos

4. holiday dragon Hoard

5. Green dragon army

6. everything else

I've been swapping between the automatical breed sort and the growth sort. It's easier to do mass-breeding with the breed sorting, but lately I've been very keen on the growth sort. I like to reverse it, so that all the new dragons stay in the top of the scroll. When all the new stuff goes to the top it's easy to spot the unnamed draggies and remember all the breeding projects. Also everyone get's to be at the top once x3 I also get very bored with the sortings, but this isn't boring!

On 1/21/2019 at 7:40 PM, Draco Knight said:

Legacy Breed Name. Couldn't even tell you the difference between legacy and reg breed name.

I'm 100 % lazy and scared of change.

Same. The two are not that different, the most notable change is that two-headed dragons are placed much, much earlier, the holiday dragons sort under "Christmas", and the zyumorph sort right behind diamondwing.