Confused Cat

How do you sort your scroll?

How do you sort your scroll?  

239 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have a weird-color sort that is very inconsistent in some parts but I'm too lazy to change it. Sometimes it's a pain to find a breed that I don't need often and therefore don't remember where it is, but somehow most of the time I remember where every breed is at! I don't use an automatic sort because I have a habit of putting the grown adults into my spreadsheet before I sort them, and this is the only method that works to keep some kind of track of all of them.

I use Grid Custom Sort for lack of a better option. My scroll is divided into Unbreedables, CB Holidays, lineaged Holidays with mates, prize & CB non-holiday dragons by breed, Vampires, lineage projects, dragons w messy lineages kept for their BSA. Plus a couple pages worth of unsorted mess.

I reeeeeally need to count and put everything into a spreadsheet soon, but for now I just use Legacy sort and dig through to find the dragons I need. I would switch, but I like having all of my Holidays grouped together. I only have 1,562 dragons on my scroll, with most names memorized, so it's not a huge deal for now.

For the most time, I've been using legacy custom sort (or manual custom sort as it is called now, I still get confused when picking the sort :lol:).

I sort the dragons in the order I have a caught the first dragon from a breed. This leads to my scroll almost being sorted by release dates as that's when I usually get a new breed.

21 hours ago, Chococat0815 said:

(...) I sort the dragons in the order I have a caught the first dragon from a breed. (...)

^^ Almost the same. ^^ But I will change it eventually, because I don't have "room" for frozen hatchlings (it would require to shift used numbers). I'm not freezing now, but when I reach my scroll goal for most of commons and uncommons...

1. section: unsorted. Growing things and recently grown up, not added to groups yet.

2. section: common. Most of commons and uncommons, also some rares. Some dragons forms sub-groups (like Seasonals, Sunrise / Sunset...).

3. section: mostly rare groups. In general same as previous section, but there are more sub-groups. I'm yet to obtain dragons in square brackets. Legendary trio, [GoN], [Avatars]; Paper, Cheese; Gold, Coppers, [Silver]; Zyumorphs, Sinomorph; Xenowyrms; Shimmer-Scales, Tinsels; [Neglected]; [Undead].

4. section: holiday. Halloween dragons according to release date, then Christmas and Valentine's Day dragons.

5. section: non-dragons. Leetle tree, Chicken, Dinos.

2 hours ago, Anemonis said:

^^ Almost the same. ^^ But I will change it eventually, because I don't have "room" for frozen hatchlings (it would require to shift used numbers). (...)

This has happened to me with the re-release of the Arias - I had to renumber all of the dragons that came after them. I have learned from that so currently, I sometimes skip ten numbers in case I have to adjust the sorting yet again^^

Grid Custom Sort (formerly known as Alternate Custom Sort):

* Leetle Tree

* Eggs (usually ones for trade on top, ones to keep below them)

* Hatchies (same as above)

Then Custom, usually as follows:

* Hollies ('cause they're so rich and vibrant, and rare and prestigious, good to head the scroll!)

* Solstices (Because I love them <3)

* Holidays, with current Holiday breeds moved to the top (if it's not a Holiday season, generally I leave Radiant Angels and Heartseekers at the top because I also adore them, followed by Halloweens -- starting with my beloved Marrows and SWs -- Christmases, and then the other Valentine's dragons)

* Rainbow of my own sort; I like when colors really seem to flow naturally in and out of each other, so whenever a breed has multiple color variations, I'll go into it from one color on one side, and out of it into another, i.e. GWs into Gold Lunar Heralds, into Bronze LH, Silver LH, Indigo LH, into Royal Blue.

** BUT, some favorite breeds go near the front, so it's more like...

* Rainbow of favorites

* Rainbow of Pygmies

* Rainbow of Drakes

* Rainbow of a few more favorites

* GoN

* Metallics & Prizes

* Trios

* A couple of lineage projects

* Rainbow continues! With some subdivisions, such as:

** Water-themed dragons

** Sky-themed dragons

** Stone-themed or massive dragons

** Two-headed dragons

Then...

* BSAs

* Unbreedables

Ending with my little chicken! 

Within each breed, I try to put CBs first, then the rest either by 2G, 3G, 4G, etc. OR in alphabetical order by name.  Among CBs and BSAs, some are grouped by gender, others alternating gender.  Frozen hatchies come first,if there are any, though I don't have them yet for most breeds. 

Yikes!  I have a lot of "method to my madness!"

Edited by Kelkelen

I use custom sort - I keep my dragons in the order of when I first acquired that breed.  So the top of my scroll has Magi, Water, Mint then Waterhorse - my first four eggs.  I also put my smaller sprites (pygmies) at the top of my scroll underneath my leetle tree and chicken, otherwise I feel that they get lost within the larger sprites.

This isn't a particularly helpful system but it works for me as I know where each breed is. I always know that new releases will be right at the bottom at least! I also clump holiday dragons together so they are easy to find.

Edited by Seahorse

I have mine sorted automatically by date. I have my eggs, hatchlings, and frozen on top. That way beneath all the growing or ageless guys, I can see my first ever dergs. :)

My scroll is sorted by date, with growing dragons on top and then the newest to oldest. Before my scroll was multiple pages I had it so the oldest dragons were on top, but I got tired of scrolling past them or going to other pages to see my dragons that just grew up. :lol:

I sort mine by my top breeders, my holidays then how much I like the breed. It's not 100% in line with my favor but it's close, then in the back I have my breeding projects.

I used to do Custom Sort, but I'm lazy right now and just do it by breed name. (tho i....thought i did by color before i check it and so i voted wrong lol)

I use Legacy Breed Name, because I never bothered to change it and now I don't want to change it (because "Cannot be reselected after switching", that's too permanent for me 😂).

I admire people who have  custom sort, that seems way too much work for me.

I personally like the Legacy Breed; otherwise I would chose BReed Sort. I like order.

I sort of custom sort my dragons. At the very top I have my CB eggs/hatchies that I'm waiting to gender before deciding if I'll keep or not, beneath them is my oldest dragon Caperer, then I have my inbred eggs/hatchies that I'm waiting to gender before freezing them, then comes my second oldest dragon Dunnos, under Dunnos are all the other eggs/hatchies that need to grow up. Then the rest of my scroll is order by youngest to oldest.

I kinda want to do a full custom sort of my adult/frozen dragons, maybe by body type/breed but I don't have the patience to do that just yet. If I finally find the Leetle Tree I've been searching for then that'll go where Caperer is, Caperer will move down to Dunnos' place and Dunnos will be just below the growing eggs/hatchies.

I definitely custom sort mine, in a nice complicated way.

I have ones for trade first

Then eggs and hatchies I'm keeping

Then anything that hasn't been named and sorted

Then 2nd-5th gen prizes and mates

Then checker lineages

Then CBs with the metals and holidays first

Then dragons without mates

Then longer lineaged shimmers since I don't breed those

I use frozen magis and my unbreedables as dividers.

It works for me, but it takes ages to maintain. They're sorted by breed within the categories.

Whoops, accidentally voted for the wrong thing in the poll- I use Alternate custom sort. It's just easiest for me!

I use Custom Sort; my scroll looks like this:

Male adult Royal Blue (named with my username)

Eggs/hatchlings

Unsorted Adults

Female adult Royal Blue

A few frozen hatchies I like (Royal Blue, Pink, Heartseeker)

Upside-down Mint

Chicken*

Leetle Tree

Zombie*

Black Hoard

Non-Holiday breeds in Encyclopedia order

Xenos

Sinos

Zyus

Legendary trios

GoN

Halloween (chronological order)

Christmas (chronological, first of each breed obtained sorted to top of the group**)

Valentines (chronological)

Unbreedables

Graveyard

*I might move these elsewhere when I get more of them since the top of my scroll is getting a little cluttered.

**Since I started actively playing right before Christmas 2015, these were some of the first dragons on my scroll, so they're special to me, and I'm continuing the tradition for each new release as well. I may also sort the Valentines this way, but probably not the Halloweens because I never named the first of each I obtained.

For some reason the male Royal Blue never leaves the first spot on my scroll, and new eggs/hatchlings always sort in between the two Royal Blues.

I use custom sort:

1. The top of my scroll is like a nursery area containing all of my eggs / hatchlings. A few adult dragons might be hanging out there as well, but that's only because I haven't gotten around to sorting them properly.

2. The majority of my scroll is organized into a custom rainbow, starting with white and moving to grey > brown > black > red >orange > yellow ... etc.

3. Holiday dragons are always located near the bottom of my scroll. They are ordered by holiday (Valentine's Day first, Halloween second, Christmas third) and are then further sorted by release date. 

Creating the custom rainbow was a bit of a hassle initially because I already had quite a few dragons when I decided to do it. But it was really easy to just keep adding on dragons once it was finished.

Mine is custom sort, on a rainbow 'base' of sorts. I have my eggs and hatchlings at the top, followed by leetle/zombies/holidays/special dragons (GoN, Avatars, Sino), then vaguely rainbow order with new releases placed where I think they fit best, and a few other adjustments to the order, and finally Vampires and non-dragons at the bottom.

Edited by Niomedes

My water army is first, then my leetle tree divides them from the rest of my scroll.  Everything on my scroll is grouped by breed.

Grid custom sort, with mostly my post-hiatus dragons (anything CB that's never been bred) near the top in code order and mostly my pre-hiatus dragons (anything with parents, children or a 'last bred' date) at the bottom in... whatever order I was using back then XD Approximately by breed and/or project.

I use grid custom sort, though I imagine if I was ever limited to mobile only I'd have to go with regular breed sort. For now I have

• welcoming dragon shoutout pair
  • growing and recently grown things at the top (until I kick out adults)
  • some CB stuff I don't know where to put
  • lyric lineage lines and works in progress
  • all the non-lyric CB dragons I have to fulfill scroll goals
  • all the bred dragons I have that aren't in my lyric projects (I used to barely collect any so they were originally sorted by gen and breed, but with this new "breed whatever" project I've just stuck all the new ones at the end)
  • a huge pile of random common freezies
  • dragons I'm gonna breed then murder for deadlines
  • and zombies

I'm too lazy to sort often like some other folks, so I just sort once every week or so. The rest of that time the top of my scroll is a mess.

On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 3:58 PM, relaks said:

I use Legacy Breed Name, because I never bothered to change it and now I don't want to change it (because "Cannot be reselected after switching", that's too permanent for me 😂).

I admire people who have  custom sort, that seems way too much work for me.

I personally like the Legacy Breed; otherwise I would chose BReed Sort. I like order.

Up until two days ago, I used the Legacy Breed Name. I liked how it grouped dragons together, eg. all the Christmas dragons, Halloweens, Dinos, pygmies, etc. Then I accidentally changed my sort order when I woke up to a scroll error to see if it would fix the issue. It did not.  Once TJ fixed the issue, I  realized I couldn't get it back and freaked out. I hadn't realize I had it set to that option, it had been so long since I had sorted my scroll that way. I ended up doing a manual custom sort to recreate the Legacy Breed order which took me hours and hours. It sucks though, because now, every time a dragon grows up, I have to manually insert it into the right place. I wish we could go back and re-click the Legacy Breed Name option. Visually it's much nicer than Breed Sort. 

Edited by jewel21

Legacy Breed Name. Couldn't even tell you the difference between legacy and reg breed name.

I'm 100 % lazy and scared of change.