Would it be possible to have some type of automated forum account PM people (preferably everyone who's getting credited on the concept + the topic creator) when a completed concept is rejected for use?

I know, I know, there's the potential for cranky backlash--but hopefully some type of automated account would reduce / redirect that. It's just I know a lot of concepts have vanished off the completed list recently, a few of them my own, and I would really appreciate knowing if they're still in consideration or if they're no-goes, because if they're no-goes I'll know to try again.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

Support. If none of the people who worked on the request are still active along with the creator then I think that there should be an automated email to them saying that their request was rejected and an automated pm that goes into their pm box the second they log back onto the forums.

I literally halved the size of the completed list a few months back. If there was a mandatory extra PM action involved, that probably wouldn't have happened.

I literally halved the size of the completed list a few months back. If there was a mandatory extra PM action involved, that probably wouldn't have happened.

But it's really hard on the artists never knowing if a concept will be used or not. People want to make art for your game, but risking concepts being lost forever in the void of "can I use this somewhere else / redo it or is it going to be used someday...???" is no bueno.

If you won't PM everyone, could you put in a standard like "if this goes missing and isn't used within two years, it's not getting in" or such?

But it's really hard on the artists never knowing if a concept will be used or not. People want to make art for your game, but risking concepts being lost forever in the void of "can I use this somewhere else / redo it or is it going to be used someday...???" is no bueno.

If you won't PM everyone, could you put in a standard like "if this goes missing and isn't used within two years, it's not getting in" or such?

If your concept is selected, you get contacted. If your concept isn't there and you didn't get a PM, then it was rejected.

Threads don't disappear into some amorphous "maybe it will be released" state.

If your concept is selected, you get contacted. If your concept isn't there and you didn't get a PM, then it was rejected.

Threads don't disappear into some amorphous "maybe it will be released" state.

Ah, gotcha. I'd thought from the artist's agreement form that people wouldn't be contacted until a couple months before a release was actually forthcoming. smile.gif

This can be closed, then.

Wait, all those amazing concept - many of them community favorites - are gone? Poof? sleep.gif

I guess only the artists/creators and TJ know for sure which dragons are picked and which are not.

Edited by silver_chan

Ah, gotcha. I'd thought from the artist's agreement form that people wouldn't be contacted until a couple months before a release was actually forthcoming. smile.gif

This can be closed, then.

Signing the agreement isn't an agreement that your dragon will be released as soon as the secrecy limit is up. It just means it can be released after that and eventually will be released. Planning forward like that, imo, would be pretty stressful and harder to keep track of then just having a general list of "ready to go" and "waiting for secrecy to be up". ^^