Jazeki

Halloween Speculation Thread

I want an non standard dragon, a two headed, pygmy, etc. The pumpkin needs some friends!

I think I would really love to see some variety with non-common dragons, however, I think Drakes are especially good for Halloween. The antlers I have seen work really well with dark, death, scary, spooky, etc themes. However, a spriter is taking a risk I feel when they do that as a "common" dragon has almost no restrictions, and so many more dragons to breed it with so design and use and "player approval" is probably easier.

I think a good answer might be for a year or two do a limited run of "2 Holiday Dragons" on Holidays. One "Normal" one "Alternate Type". Or "2 Alternate of 2 Different Alternate Types." I don't mean that as a suggestion to start a thread or if someone has mentioned it, but it was more of a tangent.

That said, I think a Drake or Two Head would be super awesome for Halloween theme. I know there have been requests for and guesses for these themes especially: spider, skeleton/bones, mummy, and "were-themed". I think I would like something different with a dragon who likes to "dress up" or "change" their look. Some sort of BSA for that breed that can sometimes alter appearance for limited times or ongoing. That is my choice for interesting Halloween theme I'd like to see.

And/Or Anything Drake.

And/Or Anything Drake.

delicious

Bagel jokes aside, yeah I really just want more holidays to be non-standard dragons.

It'd be awesome to see a raven or owl inspired dragon. I guess black marrows look a bit bird inspired, but it'd be interesting to see something else.

I think a werewolf-inspired Drake would be neat, especially if it could be tied to the moon phases somehow! Like, idk, maybe it looks like a normal Drake most of the time, but when Aurax and/or Cirion are full the sprite changes to be more scary/furry/dark/etc.? Also I would 100% pair it with Howlers for giggles. XD

As for the Halloween event, I absolutely adore the storytelling/CYOA-ish plots we've had in the past and would love another one of those~ <3

Bumping as we're even closer to Halloween.

I wouldn't mind another RPG event like we had for Christmas, but that's a lot of work to ask of the spriters.

Spiders squick me, so I'm hoping we never see a dragon that's too spider-like. I thought Lurkers kind of filled the spider idea by being fast, small, hoppy and ambushy.

We've had two years in a row of dark dragons, so I'm ready for one with color! Purple or Green are Halloween colors sadly missing from the Halloween holiday dragon palette.

I don't love the idea of limiting Holiday dragons by breed type. I feel like the poor Pumpkin was a failed experiment, only being able to breed with pygmies. We went a long time without new pygmies and have now added two in two years. I feel like Pumpkins don't get enough love because of the breeding limitation.

I would love some kind of alien/extraterrestrial themed dragon. Something that looks like a gray alien but dragon version.

I would love a Halloween theme related to magic and rituals, or the spirit world itself. In terms of horror and spooky subjects, these are among my favorites. I would enjoy seeing an amphiptere dragon be released, but anything the spriters are working on will likely be quite lovely. Perhaps a dragon whose concept is based on an inter dimensional being, or an angel/demon duality would be interesting to see. Colors like violet, black and silver would look very nice.

Edited by andromedae

i just want a normal dragon, all the sub-types are fun and have a lot of but the breeding pool is so small and holiday dragons are so special that it would be a huge waste to have them only be able to breed with 6 or so dragons, only one of which is likely to look half decent with them!

It'd be awesome to see a raven or owl inspired dragon. I guess black marrows look a bit bird inspired, but it'd be interesting to see something else.

lol. teen titans dragon of snarky deadpan remarks, they are annoyed by shapeshifters!

but a halloween-bird-ish dragon would be really really cool

Edited by blockEdragon

I'm still hoping for the Cobweb aka Spider Dragon that was on the Completed List.

I don't normally like spiders or any other creepy crawly type thing, but the art on the Cobweb Dragon is AWESOME.

If it was classed a Drake, it could be wicked paired with the Tarantula Hawk!

I collected and fertilized a bunch of Celestials and I've got them on breeding standby just for my Holidays. They're likely to produce one or more Halloween egg. I keep one or two from the batch if they successfully produce and share the rest with hunters on the AP.

I agree with the extraterrestrial idea above. I also really want to see a spider, black cat, or full skeletal dragon.

Another neat idea is a Franken-dragon. There can be multiple forms with various dragons mashed together. There could be a drake version, a wyvern version, pygmy, eastern and western, etc. Maybe it can come with some rare varieties with a mashup of the guardians, Metallics, or the xenowyrms. It's not likely since it would be really difficult and time consuming for TJ to get it together and pull it off, but it's still a neat idea.

I collected and fertilized a bunch of Celestials and I've got them on breeding standby just for my Holidays. They're likely to produce one or more Halloween egg. I keep one or two from the batch if they successfully produce and share the rest with hunters on the AP.

I agree with the extraterrestrial idea above. I also really want to see a spider, black cat, or full skeletal dragon.

Another neat idea is a Franken-dragon. There can be multiple forms with various dragons mashed together. There could be a drake version, a wyvern version, pygmy, eastern and western, etc. Maybe it can come with some rare varieties with a mashup of the guardians, Metallics, or the xenowyrms. It's not likely since it would be really difficult and time consuming for TJ to get it together and pull it off, but it's still a neat idea.

Halloween dragons (and all holidays, really) already have the ability to produce multiple eggs on their own. :3

A Franken-dragon would be neat. Kinda meh about spiders, really. I think the lurkers fill that category, too.

Halloween dragons (and all holidays, really) already have the ability to produce multiple eggs on their own. :3

A Franken-dragon would be neat. Kinda meh about spiders, really. I think the lurkers fill that category, too.

I completely forgot about that. I've been gone for a bit and just started back up on my scroll in August. Would it double up with a Celestial or remain the same?

Also, I guess that spider is a bit cliche. What about other creepy crawlies? I like the idea of a centipede or scorpion dragon.

Personally, I'd enjoy seeing a drake based off of a Death's-head hawkmoth, ( the moth the silence of the lambs moth was based off of ) or perhaps... OMG I GOT IT! A DRAGON BASED OFF OF A KELPIE! biggrin.gif or one based off of the Questing Beast

Personally, I'd enjoy seeing a drake based off of a Death's-head hawkmoth, ( the moth the silence of the lambs moth was based off of )

There is a Halloween dragon based on a species of Death's-Head Hawkmoth, so no need to wait for that concept at least, even if it's not a drake. wink.gif

Regarding species other than regular dragons, I think I'd like to see more regular-release pygmies and drake species before we get another holiday release of them (or alternatively, we get more of them soon after an eventual Halloween pygmy/drake). I actually love the Pumpkin pygmies (they're my favourite Halloweens in fact, with their cute looks and concept), but the limited number of dragons you can match them with is a rather severe downgrade in my books. I've occasionally almost forgotten about them because of this.

I think it would be about time to introduce a Halloween species with another morphology than western, like an ethereal amphiptere, a slithering wyrm, an attack diving wyvern, or a leviathan stalking you from the dark depths!

Edited by Ripan

I completely forgot about that. I've been gone for a bit and just started back up on my scroll in August. Would it double up with a Celestial or remain the same?

Also, I guess that spider is a bit cliche. What about other creepy crawlies? I like the idea of a centipede or scorpion dragon.

I'm guessing the use of fertility might boost the chances of multiclutches.

And I don't mind creepy crawly dragons. It's just we've done spiders.

An aquatic wyrm would be interesting, like a wyrm based off of Oilliphéist, or perhaps a dragon based off of a Gaboon Viper! Gaboon Vipers have that kind of Halloween-ish look to them. Besides the fact they are rather stout and fat-looking. A dragon based off of a Naja Siamensis would be pretty cool as well. They kind of have that skeleton coloring going on.

Edited by jillybean711

Maybe we could get a temporary Halloween background? It might be too much work for something temporary, but it'd be really cool.

I'd love to see a Werewolf-type dragon or even Frankestein's monster would be neat. There's also the Blob. So many awesome possibilities I can't wait to see what we get this year. wub.gif This has always been my favorite Dragon cave holiday. Christmas is fun too, but this one...there's just something about it that gets me excited every single year! biggrin.gif

I'm so excited!! Halloween is my favorite time on DC biggrin.gif My favorite events have been the haunted house and the carnival - I can't wait to see what's in store for this year!

We need more Pygmies. Maybe a Pygmy breed that is inspired by bonbon?

The more special event dragons out of the non-standard breeding group we get the more options we will have in the future.^^

I still want to see the first Two-headed or Drake breed as a Holiday breed.

Edited by Tigerkralle

Maybe something colorful. Like a clown dragon  rolleyes.gif

Ahahahaa! xd.pngNO. dry.gif Clowns, urgh! >*shudder*< Not that we don't already have a dragon that matches the classic Pierrot pretty well in the Blacktip.

Maybe something a bit Harlequin-esque would be cool, what with those alternating colored diamonds and a half-mask - like the Black Marrow has the skull face.