Pryanka

The Dragonriders of Pern Lineage 2.0

That's fair! I just wanted to know so I could fix Tilesk of Pern's name if needed. I can just keep her around as a personal project until/unless this really takes off.

And don't worry, I understand being busy; real life does take precedence over internet pixel games after all.

e: On a different note, how do you guys pick names for your Pern dragons? I've primarily drawn from characters I played back in the day, but as I've run out of characters I've taken to corrupting actual names and adding -th to them. You?

Edited by Guillotine

Izlanyth flew again... still no egg.... bleh.... if she doesn't produce in the next few breedings I might try to change her mate again....

Save for my Prideth, I usually look at the code, add some vowels or Ys or something and add ~th of Pern. It makes for some rather awkward names, but they sure are unique.

That being said - Prideth rose for a mating flight and gave me a 2nd gen Magma egg.

I WANT TO GIFT AN EGG

Username: olympe

PM link: click on PM button...

Egg Lineage Link: http://dragcave.net/lineage/RpcSI

Weyr: Ista

Canon or Non-Canon? Canon

Teleport Link: Claim my eggs/hatchlings!

Additional Instructions: Enjoy!

I WANT TO SUBMIT A FIRELIZARD

Username: Cinnamin Draconna

Link to Pern Dragon: Pigment of Telgar - cb pygmy female (gold)

Link to Mate, if applicable: Traveller of Telgar - cb crimson flare male (bronze)

Weyr: Telgar

Canon or Non-Canon?: canon

Open To Breeding Requests: YES

Notes:

When/If we decide to add Whers, I've got mine ready to go.. 1 gold, 1 bronze, 1 brown, 1 blue and 2 greens. tongue.gif They're currently unnamed and I guess they'll stay that way until we decide on a naming scheme.

I usually use their codes as the base for a name.. like CeNy7 became Cenyth. Just add vowels as needed until it sounds proper.

FTR, I won't be breeding again until after New Years. Too much stress and depression for me during the holidays.

Edited by Cinnamin Draconna

Izlanyth flew and when I went to check, I was greatly surprised. (Apparently she doesn't want to change her mate again.)

This Gold Egg sits on the sands of Fort now. (Precognition says its female too!!!!)

Edited by Zerhai

Izlanyth flew and when I went to check, I was greatly surprised. (Apparently she doesn't want to change her mate again.)

This Gold Egg sits on the sands of Fort now. (Precognition says its female too!!!!)

Oh wow, that's awesome, congratulations!!! Both of my Senior Queens have been finicky and I haven't even gotten any Bronze dragons, let alone gold queenies.

In other news, I updated our spreadsheet to have an "Add Your Dragons" tab that anybody can add their dragons into. I will then move them into their appropriate Weyr tabs (which only I can edit)

Here is the Spreadsheet!

*quietly sneaks in with a big sign saying I LOVE WHERS AND WOULD TTLY BREED THEM* biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

*sneaks away*

EDIT: Actually TBH you can just consider me interested in the whole project but a little unsure how to join. xd.png Do I get existing Pern dragons, catch new CBs/rename existing CBs of the proper 'colors' (and if so can I use my CB female Gold as a junior queen or do I have to stick to the Gold Wyverns and such?) In short, what do I DO, other than fill out the form? I don't want to mess it up tongue.gif

Edited by Lurhstaap

*quietly sneaks in with a big sign saying I LOVE WHERS AND WOULD TTLY BREED THEM* biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

*sneaks away*

EDIT: Actually TBH you can just consider me interested in the whole project but a little unsure how to join. xd.png

Hiii! It's not too hard to join smile.gif

As long as you follow the naming scheme, you can sign up for any Weyr and then start breeding your lineages. You can breed canon and non-canon lineages *using the dragons on the front page*, doesn't matter. The naming scheme is the unifying theme of our project here.

To breed canon:

1. Join a weyr, any weyr!

2. Pick a caveborn female from the gold category

3. Pick a caveborn male from the bronze category

4. Breed your CB pair for a 2nd gen. From there, you can breed stairstep lineages using females and breeding them to CB bronze males

5. OR breed your 2nd gen to another 2nd gen to create checker lineages. If you breed checkers, all of the dragons should be in the Pern lineage project and be named properly. So you'd have to pick up multiple CB pairs or swap with others if they're breeding a similar lineage.

To breed canon:

1. Literally pick two dragons from any of the gold/bronze/green/blue categories and breed em in whatever pattern you like (stairstep, spiral, checker, even-gen, etc). Stick to the naming scheme.

You would register your breeding pairs and single dragons into the weyr you joined by using our add your own spreadsheet that I linked to 2 posts up

I WANT TO JOIN A WEYR

I promise to uphold the Pern naming scheme for my Pern lineaged dragons

Username: Lurhstaap

PM Link: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?act=M...DE=04&MID=32691

Weyr Name: Fort Weyr

Additional Information: My dragons will probably be named stuff like 'Nameth of R'der at Fort Weyr' or something to that effect so I can include their rider (since in my mind Pern dragons and their riders are almost like one character, sort of an indivisible unit, and I can't imagine dragons without also imagining riders). Any fire lizard lineages I breed will probably follow the same rules, assigning the fire lizards as 'belonging' to various riders. If whers become a thing I'll give them appropriate handler names instead. If you get an egg from one of my Pern lines, it's yours to do as you please with. I'd rather they not end up dead, but otherwise, it's your dragon. smile.gif

EDIT: Any chance that Kingcrownes could be considered golds? If Sunsongs count, Kingcrownes ought to (and I'd LOVE to use a CB Kingcrowne as a junior queen!)

Edited by Lurhstaap

EDIT: Any chance that Kingcrownes could be considered golds? If Sunsongs count, Kingcrownes ought to (and I'd LOVE to use a CB Kingcrowne as a junior queen!)

Heyy we talked about that earlier and I feel like Sunsongs use a pink/gold coloration, whereas Kingcrownes fall more into the orange/yellow category. If I used Kingcrownes as golds, then I feel like I'd have to include other primarily orange dragons too - think Magi, Spessartine, Sunrise, etc. Plus Golds were always meant to be an elusive and infrequent breed in the Pern books anyway biggrin.gif

Added mine; they're just links since I couldn't get the name to be a link without the page crashing.

Hmm that's weird. You can leave it as a link and I can always edit it myself when I put it into the other tabs. I haven't had any problems with the sheet crashing on any of my laptops, mobile devices, or desktop. Do you think there's something too data-intensive going on?

Edited by Pryanka

Honestly, it's probably just on my end, since the error message was "couldn't load file". I just figured I should let you know in case it turns out to not be on my end!

e: it also might just be how google docs handles permissions; I'd need to test on one of my docs to be sure, though.

Edited by Guillotine

Heyy we talked about that earlier and I feel like Sunsongs use a pink/gold coloration, whereas Kingcrownes fall more into the orange/yellow category. If I used Kingcrownes as golds, then I feel like I'd have to include other primarily orange dragons too - think Magi, Spessartine, Sunrise, etc. Plus Golds were always meant to be an elusive and infrequent breed in the Pern books anyway biggrin.gif

Hmm that's weird. You can leave it as a link and I can always edit it myself when I put it into the other tabs. I haven't had any problems with the sheet crashing on any of my laptops, mobile devices, or desktop. Do you think there's something too data-intensive going on?

Really? o.O Your monitor must have a very different spectrum than mine. Sunsongs don't look remotely pink to me, more purple with a yellow sheen, and Kingcrownes look golden with a pink sheen. Well, it's your club and up to you, but FWIW on other monitors the Kingcrowne looks a lot more gold than the Sunsong. You'll probably encounter the question again. Maybe a FAQ?

Edited by Lurhstaap

On my monitor they're more purple than pink, but they do still have a true gold in them, and I can see why Kingcrownes are considered orange as well.

Unrelatedly: Are the Snows blue enough to be blues or no? I don't want to name mine until I know for sure if they'd count.

*peeks in through the window*

I just caught a CB Electric with the code "PErNE". Would somebody here like to have it when it comes off cooldown in 5 hours?

(I only took it because the code reminded me of this topic title and I thought somebody might like it. smile.gif It's totally free and will be abandoned if nobody is interested.)

Edit:

https://dragcave.net/lineage/PErNE

Claim my eggs/hatchlings!

Edited by Confused Cat

*peeks in through the window*

I just caught a CB Electric with the code "PErNE". Would somebody here like to have it when it comes off cooldown in 5 hours?

(I only took it because the code reminded me of this topic title and I thought somebody might like it. smile.gif It's totally free and will be abandoned if nobody is interested.)

Edit:

https://dragcave.net/lineage/PErNE

Claim my eggs/hatchlings!

nice i claimed it! ty

Ok now that Temijeth of Pern Dra'axi has grown up I will gift when Izlanyth produces an egg again... (whenever that happens)

Do you want Temijeth to be a junior queen of another weyr? Just asking as she has grown up now.

also have started breeding my other junior queens and no luck so far.... (my amount of coppers is restricting me a bit)

Edited by Zerhai

Ok now that Temijeth of Pern Dra'axi has grown up I will gift when Izlanyth produces an egg again... (whenever that happens)

Do you want Temijeth to be a junior queen of another weyr? Just asking as she has grown up now.

also have started breeding my other junior queens and no luck so far.... (my amount of coppers is restricting me a bit)

I'd love the next Junior Queen you get as a mate for my Lord Kerth of Pern

Temijeth can remain in your Weyr!! I think we have plenty of Junior and Senior queens in all of them for now.

@Guillotine - I'm open to polling all of you guys to see what you think. I wouldn't personally consider them blue enough, but if the majority wants them, I'm not opposed to adding them in.

Really? o.O Your monitor must have a very different spectrum than mine. Sunsongs don't look remotely pink to me, more purple with a yellow sheen, and Kingcrownes look golden with a pink sheen. Well, it's your club and up to you, but FWIW on other monitors the Kingcrowne looks a lot more gold than the Sunsong. You'll probably encounter the question again. Maybe a FAQ?

Yeah I looked at them again on my laptop + on my phone (to compare to my desktop) and I still feel like Kingcrownes read more orange and Sunsongs read more golden sad.gif There is also the issue that Kingcrownes currently breed pretty true to their own species (since they are very new)...and that would make queens very common and plentiful in the project, which isn't something I'm going for either. I can compile things into an FAQ down the road, but for now, I'll answer questions as they come until I have a more established set of frequent questions to put into the FAQ.

Edited by Pryanka

I WANT TO SUBMIT A DRAGON OR LINEAGE

Username: olympe

PM Link: see button on bottom

Link to Pern Dragon:https://dragcave.net/lineage/Go3mm (2nd gen Magma from my senior Queen)

https://dragcave.net/lineage/c6TQ7 (Oops, misbred to the wrong 2nd gen GW. I might still make something of this line, though.)

https://dragcave.net/lineage/MsDWZ (2nd gen Seragamma from GW)

https://dragcave.net/lineage/SnSO0 (2nd gen Seragamma from GW)

Link to Mate, if applicable: Very funny. I'm trying for GW, not more Seragammas.

Weyr: Ista

Canon or Non-Canon?: Canon. All of them.

Open To Breeding Requests: YES

Notes: I'd be willing to gift the magma. => claimed! I've also got a 3rd 2nd gen Seragamma from GW that I'd be willing to gift, should someone be interested in that particular lineage.

Link for the "extra" Seragamma (not listed above): Claim my eggs/hatchlings!

ETA: user posted image vs. user posted image

Sunsong looks like purple with golden shimmer / highlights, while Kingcrowne looks shiny golden with pink-ish accents to me.

Not to mention user posted image

Definitely not golden IMHO:

user posted image and user posted image - even if the animated sprite from the current holiday game looks way more golden than that: user posted image Just saying.

Also not really golden:

user posted image and user posted image. The Xeno may be debatable as belonging to the golden category, but it's wingless, so maybe not suitable for our project. (In that case, we'd better disqualify Magmas, too.)

I rather like these, though:

user posted image and user posted image and user posted image (non-standard lines only for obvious reasons)

Edited by olympe

@olympe: i would adore to have the magma as a mate for my Temijeth! I'll pm you!

I have a bunch of greens up for grabs if anyone wants them; they're mostly 2nd gens from Moonstone/Almerald pairs.

Going to run an update tonight addressing concerns, updating species, and updating the spreadsheet.

We will also have an opening for one of the Weyrs coming up. But again, proper update before I go to sleep tonight and I'll address errything in a more organized manner smile.gif

Izlanyth and Temijeth both flew successfully, sadly... neither one gave me an egg......

Finally got a Moonstone from Marath and Kuvoth, so I can get a third gen going for this line (...and free up those two for other pairings). Hopefully this is a sign of Almerald ratios stabilizing and not a fluke.