Pryanka

The Dragonriders of Pern Lineage 2.0

well i guess the green coppers could be announced just not bred.....

how about candelabras for bronze or brown?

Edited by Zerhai

well i guess the green coppers could be announced just not bred.....

how about candelabras for bronze or brown?

Candelabras are in the Brown category already! I just double-checked lol.

Aaaand...well since I wanted our senior queens to stick to canon lineages, I didn't even want announcements of the miscolored green coppers as Pern dragons actually.

Your senior queen will be able to have gold offspring that are canon and can be announced. And if she breeds with any other brown or bronze category dragon, then all of those offspring would also be canon and announce-able. But non-canon eggs from senior queens were always a no-go for my concept of this lineage.

General Update

The website that will host our database is in the works biggrin.gif

https://sites.google.com/site/thedragonsofpern/

Super rudimentary..just getting the site map down, and then I'll figure out the best way to incorporate data. I'm thinking to link it to a spreadsheet that will have two tabs - one locked tab that displays info for the site, and one unlocked tab where people can submit pern dragons.

Edited by Pryanka

I WANT TO GIFT AN EGG

Username: Guillotine

PM link: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?act=M...DE=4&MID=199626

Egg Lineage Link: http://dragcave.net/lineage/ZggWX

Weyr: High Reaches

Canon or Non-Canon? Non-canon

Teleport Link: https://dragcave.net/teleport/091c6ceb7ca97...f75fb7cd33da406

I WANT TO GIFT AN EGG

Username: Guillotine

PM link: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?act=M...DE=4&MID=199626

Egg Lineage Link: http://dragcave.net/lineage/4Fg1q

Weyr: High Reaches

Canon or Non-Canon? Non-canon

Teleport Link: https://dragcave.net/teleport/d3189d10b0c4c...219def921259ec2

Not sure how i feel about these pairings, really. I'll probably try a few different mates before deciding.

All of these breeding pairs/eggs are being added into the database. I should have it ready within the week, if not by the end of the weekend. I have an exam on the 13th but after that, I'll have the time to set this up.

I know what you mean @Guillotine. The problem with common x common breeding is that sometimes it can be so one-sided. Antareans produce themselves over pretty much anything still =.=

Have you given any thought to the previous suggestion of using Pygmies as Firelizards?

Since my Gold/Copper pair is being so stubborn, I thought maybe I could at least breed flitters. I'd suggest the following color types

Gold - Regular Pygmy

Bronze - Crimson Flare

Brown - Dark Myst (there aren't any actual brown pygmies)

Blue - Kyanite & Nilia

Green - Magelight, Misfit & Seawyrm

I'll have to catch some new pygmies since I only have 1 pair of each color, but it would give me a reason to breed pygmies and something to do for the project.

I didn't include Pumpkins because they're Holiday dragons and only breed their own kind once a year, but that's just my opinion. I have an extra pair of cb pumpkins, so I could use them.

To be honest, the Seawyrms look way more blue than green to me.

Have you given any thought to the previous suggestion of using Pygmies as Firelizards?

Since my Gold/Copper pair is being so stubborn, I thought maybe I could at least breed flitters. I'd suggest the following color types

Gold - Regular Pygmy

Bronze - Crimson Flare

Brown - Dark Myst (there aren't any actual brown pygmies)

Blue - Kyanite & Nilia

Green - Magelight, Misfit & Seawyrm

I'll have to catch some new pygmies since I only have 1 pair of each color, but it would give me a reason to breed pygmies and something to do for the project.

I didn't include Pumpkins because they're Holiday dragons and only breed their own kind once a year, but that's just my opinion. I have an extra pair of cb pumpkins, so I could use them.

I've always liked the idea of the pygmy dragon/dragonlet offshoot. I just wanted more people interested because I'm afraid nobody will pick up the eggs we announce here. But sure, we can give it a shot, even if it's just personal Pern dragonlet lineages for now. They don't need to be divided by weyr, we'll have a Pygmy/Dragonlet tab in the database and all our dragonlet lineages will go in there.

I'd prefer:

Gold = Pygmy

Bronze = Crimson Flare

Brown = NONE (no dragons really fit)

Blue = Kyanite, Nilia, Dark Mist

Green = Magelight, Misfit

Re Seawyrm Pygmy

user posted image

I pulled bigger swatches of the highlight, main body, and shade colors of the pygmy. I then showed you where the color falls in my Photoshop color picker on the color spectrum ~

I feel like it's such a good middle/teal color that maybe we should just leave the Seawyrm pygmy out? I do think the person was going for a sea green color when they named them Seawyrm pygmies, in which case they'd technically be in the green category.

Edited by Pryanka

Maybe the next normal release will include a brown pygmy, but I can live without them for now. I don't agree with Dark Mysts being blue, but I won't argue about it.. I just won't breed with them. smile.gif I agree that the Seawyrm either be green or not used, but either works for me.

I guess I'll start gathering a few pygmies, now that I have an actual use for them. Canon allows pretty much any name for a firelizard, but they're supposed to be 'marked with their colors'. Since we can't do that tho, I propose that they be named according to their Weyr. Example: Trinket of Telgar.. since my Weyr is Telgar.

Maybe the next normal release will include a brown pygmy, but I can live without them for now. I don't agree with Dark Mysts being blue, but I won't argue about it.. I just won't breed with them. smile.gif I agree that the Seawyrm either be green or not used, but either works for me.

I guess I'll start gathering a few pygmies, now that I have an actual use for them. Canon allows pretty much any name for a firelizard, but they're supposed to be 'marked with their colors'. Since we can't do that tho, I propose that they be named according to their Weyr. Example: Trinket of Telgar.. since my Weyr is Telgar.

I would leave the Dark Mist and Seawyrm out for now then. No need to fit all the pygmy breeds into categories where they don't really work. Zoomed in, both of the dark mist pygmies have a black body (with like deep purple highlights almost). The females have a line of purple along the top wing, and the males have a line of blue. But you're right, they don't quite fit into the Blue Category.

I really need to re-read the Pern novels because it's been years. I originally didn't want them to belong to weyrs but it makes sense to use that as a naming scheme, so I'll roll with it.

Any other opinions or disagreements with the categories?

Announcing a Gold Queen for High Reaches so that all of our weyrs now have Senior Queens! She's from the Forest biome and will produce Red Copper offspring when bred with a copper. However, I'm thinking of giving her a Hellfire mate instead ^.^

I will gladly forfeit High Reaches to a different Senior Queen if another user wants a weyrleader position. I'm only taking 2 temporarily to get this project going a little more. I'll be running a lot of updates on the wording and introducing the dragonlet breeding concept and categories as well...that will probably be completed tomorrow.

I'm also going to add in the lunar heralds because everybody else likes them! Canon breeding will hopefully leave the silver and indigo ones out of their lineages (Ie. breeding them when they're giving the correct colors) I realize I can't micromanage everything and need to take a chill pill tongue.gif The same issues arise with other breeds on there anyway (xenos giving random xeno offspring, the copper breeding being wonky, and even seasonals breeding out of season. I guess it's all going to happen inevitably)

I WANT TO CLAIM A WEYR

Username: Pryanka

PM Link: PM Me

Weyr Name: High Reaches

Weyrleader or Junior Queen? Senior

Link to Queen: Cadenth of Pern

Link to Bronze or Brown mate: Magmarth of Pern

I WANT TO CLAIM A WEYR

Username: Pryanka

PM Link: PM Me

Weyr Name: Benden

Weyrleader or Junior Queen? Junior

Link to Queen: Diventh of Pern

Link to Bronze or Brown mate: Hellmarth of Pern

Edited by Pryanka

Why don't we count indigo lunar heralds as "blue" dragons?

Why don't we count indigo lunar heralds as "blue" dragons?

We do! But they're not canon, whereas gold and bronze are. I was just referring to breeding those canon guys out-of-moonphase and getting non-canon offspring. It's something I'll have to deal with because it can happen with many different dragons in our various categories.

OKAY, we have a database!!!

CLICKY TO SEE DATABASE

I think I added everybody's dragons in there, but if any are missing, tell me please! If any of the ones that should have mates written out don't yet, just update me here and I'll put it in there.

I haven't set up the Dragonlet breeding tab yet, or filled out the Member Information tab. If everybody who is already participating wants to add any info in the "NOTES ON BREEDING, REQUESTS, ETC" tab, post it here and I'll copy/paste it in

Once I update all the pages and update the front page of the forum thread, I'll link the database there as well.

ETA - @olympe - YAYYY congratulations on your first 3rd gen Pernese dragon!!

Edited by Pryanka

The database isn't displaying in the frame. Just thought I should give you the heads-up.

e; Actually, it looks like the database is still set to private... I can't open it in a new tab, either.

Edited by Guillotine

Ahhh I fixed it so it's viewable by the public now @Guillotine

Also, a new banner style joins the ranks ~

user posted imageuser posted image

Edited by Pryanka

Well, wouldn't pygmy lines with female greens also count as canon because green flits could lay eggs? Or is that only for the sake of consistency with the main line?

I don't think we necessarily need to stick to the rules of the main lineage for this offshoot, but it might make it a little more complicated to understand things.

I actually didn't remember at first if the green dragonets were fertile or not in the series...it seems I need to go re-read them. Wikipedia reminded me that they were:

(Both the gold and green female fire lizards are fertile, and both use firestone to flame Thread. There has been little study of fire lizards since the early days, however, and wild green clutches produce few young because greens do not defend their nests or carefully choose secure sites.)

So gold & green females, bronze and blue males (since we don't have any browns atm) would be canon. anything else is non-canon.