TJ09

2016-09-25 - September Release

..... WAT!? Bolt eggs in there suddenly. Now I have to wait 3 hours to try to get my last diamond. I really hope they'll still be dropping at a high rate.

Yuk. I *loathe* that whiney teenage girl voice so much and now you've stuck that stupid earworm into my ears.  dry.gif  Gotta go hear some radio now to try and get rid of that. Maybe there'll be "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" xd.png

I'm sorry for getting that song stuck in your head. I'm not a big Rihanna fan, but I can handle her music. On another note I was able to catch another leaf litter egg, so I'm egg locked now. I also looked through some of the previous posts and found some people saying the leaf litter eggs might be monarch butterfly dragons.

Got another diamond egg after freeing up a spot by allowing my fogged zombie-fodder hatchie to grow up. Oh well. It was worth it. Got two diamonds and two leafies now. And now I'm headed next door with my computer to show my neighbor the new releases (he doesn't play and doesn't know how to use the internet, but he loves looking at my dragons).

Got another diamond egg after freeing up a spot by allowing my fogged zombie-fodder hatchie to grow up. Oh well. It was worth it. Got two diamonds and two leafies now. And now I'm headed next door with my computer to show my neighbor the new releases (he doesn't play and doesn't know how to use the internet, but he loves looking at my dragons).

That's so sweet smile.gif

Areas?

The Diamonds- Alpine and volcano

The Rabbits- Jungle, Forest, and Desert

The Diamonds- Alpine and volcano

The Rabbits- Jungle, Forest, and Desert

If only that would explain what Firebirdwyvern has written 2 posts above yours biggrin.gif

I LITERALLY just noticed there was a new release blink.gif Managed to get a couple of the leaf litters, now just to wait for my eggs to hatch before catching the other one.

Talk about surprise....

Lol, could not get to sleep until about 8 AM and had a feeling that I should check for a Release but was too tired. Luckily, saw that I had PMs from here in my email inbox, as I didn't even have the site up, and one was from a thoughtful friend, also no longer on here so often, telling me about this. Probably just as well that I came in late, as I filled up in two Drops despite slow pages and Refreshes here and I gather from the thread that they were a pain for most people to catch last night.

So, for me, a great Release, with pretty eggs and cute hatchies quickly caught so that I could relax and enjoy the Release thread - my thanks to TJ, spriters and, of course, our lovely and charming Mods! smile.gif

Edited because a comma didn't go through. The Typo Queen retains her title for another year!

Edited by Syphoneira

I really doubt the leaf-litters will be monarch dragons. If they somehow are, I'll be super disappointed that the hatchlings look nothing like monarch caterpillars. The stripes are so cute!

The whole thing with the spriters, I have a question about:

Does that basically mean that only dragon's that are sprited by "in cave spriters" are ever added to the cave?

If that is the case, it seems rather unfair - there's pages of completed dragon requests, and the sprites are all brilliant, and should totally be added to the cave.

Otherwise, it kind of seems that, for the most part, unless you're lucky and get an in-cave spriter to do your sprites, the requests is pretty pointless, because once its completed it just sits in the completed section and is forgotten about? It also seems like dragons can wait for months, years, even, before they are added.sad.gif

Though I guess it may just be because it's hard to implement dragons, but still. tongue.gif

I really doubt the leaf-litters will be monarch dragons. If they somehow are, I'll be super disappointed that the hatchlings look nothing like monarch caterpillars. The stripes are so cute!

Well they could get stripes in their s2 stage

Honestly I don't know the chances of a dragon that was sprited by someone who isn't an in cave spriter getting into the game. When was the last time there was a new spriter getting incave?

I think there should be a release from each spriter each month or whatever, and then one new spriter each month. idk.

I just love so many of the dragons in request and want to see them in cave xd.png

welp am now properly locked. Accidentally picked up an extra leaf litter one last night but aped it this morning and got the third diamond I wanted instead.

also I hope the leaf litter ones are based on monarch butterflies because I like monarch butterflies.

Wow, the diamond hatchies are nothing like I expected. I really like their coloring, though. <3

And the chubby little leaf babies are cute!

Still waiting for two donations to be picked up so I can catch one more of each. =o

EDIT: Also, really didn't want to get into this here because it's kind of off-topic, but releases are picked by art quality, not by who did the spriting.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Once again I'm wishing for the ability to freeze, or in *some* way keep, the egg sprites. That diamond is just gorgeous!

Given I can't find any butterflies or moths with the right name that also matches the color pattern I don't think it's either.

A beetle now, maybe. there are lots of brownish beetles with spots that live in leaf litter. and beetle larva/grubs are also cubby "worms" with feet like caterpillars.

OMG, I finally caught 2 diamond eggs! smile.gif Now I'm happily egglocked - good hunting to those still trying.

One weekend not in town and then there is a release.

A wonderful surprise. I managed to get a few eggs. biggrin.gif