TJ09

2016-09-25 - September Release

Thank you, Odeen! And I guess we'll have to wait for an Encyclopedia update for the Monarchs. '0'

@Odeen:

Ohhh, thank you ! Now I really like the Diamond Wings ! Quite the passionate dragon. True Love combined with such pride and a flamboyant temper - I bet their relationships (both with their mate and their friends) have quite some unintended but heated quarrels, and then some epic make-ups. laugh.gif

@Infinis:

Aww. Well, I'll hope for another time, then. wink.gif

My first Diamondwing will grow up just before I go to sleep, I'm excited <3

I sit corrected... not only is the Diamonwing is gorgeous ...so are the Monarchs!

I'm wub.gif ing on them both

Yay, both pairs didn't refuse! and I got my first egg each, I'm happy with the release:D

omg I wish we didn't have to wait till March for next new permament dragons, it's ages - more than entire semester...

to summarize the release year, if I may(coz it's fun to see things on a moment like this?), in 2016 we got 16 new (permament) breeds +2 re-releases and a big expansion of 1 old breed.

The spriters released in 2016 (counting Undeads as 1, and assigning collabs to each spriter separately, includig the re-releases, ignoring holidays):

Infinis x4

Shajana

NiramiTheRaven196 (new)

Odeen x4

birdzgoboom x5

Lythiaren

PieMaster x2

Mysfytt

Corteo

Tikigurl91 x2

Marrionetta

_____

new in-cave spriters: 1 (omg!)

congrats to all artists btw, especially the only new one:P

Weeeee! My babies grew up! They are so gorgeous!!!!

Thanks again TJ and Spriters! You have outdone yourselves!

My babies grow up in 2 hours. I'm guessing this thread is about to be closed happy.gif

That never ever happened to me. blink.gif Okay i only influenced one egg to be female and it is now a stage 2 female hatchling but the other Diamondwing is also female and all of my Monarchs are male. blink.gif

Now i know for sure, why i always use influnce to get both genders. laugh.gif

Hopefully the bossman will add the new breeds to the encyclopedia. We still need the Dark Luminae and i forgotten the names of the other breeds.

That never ever happened to me. blink.gif  Okay i only influenced one egg to be female and it is now a stage 2 female hatchling but the other Diamondwing is also female and all of my Monarchs are male.  blink.gif

Now i know for sure, why i always use influnce to get both genders.  laugh.gif

Hopefully the bossman will add the new breeds to the encyclopedia. We still need the Dark Luminae and i forgotten the names of the other breeds.

Aeon, Kingcrowne, Nillia Pygmies, and Almerald

I influenced all mine to make sure they were the right gender. I had an extra one so I froze it

Edited by Raptor of Dragons

Aeon, Kingcrowne, Nillia Pygmies, and Almerald

I influenced all mine to make sure they were the right gender. I had an extra one so I froze it

Kyanite, not Nilia wink.gif

I haven't quite figured out what to do with my dragons yet, but the Monarchs are just awesome smile.gif Quite royal, too!

Whoops xd.png sorry, don't know why I said Nilia

I can't believe no one took Heimlich the Caterpillar/Butterfly as names ohmy.gif

My hatchies are about to grow up in an hour

Edited by Raptor of Dragons

The laziest, but here:

user posted image

Diamondwing dragons are proud, flamboyant, affectionate creatures with temperaments as lustrous as their wings.

Males will endanger their own lives to collect the shiniest trinkets with which to decorate their dens and perfect the most impressive aerial displays, and for good reason: they are looking to attract The One, and they intend to keep that mate forever. Mated pairs will still act out the rituals of courtship annually to reaffirm their bond, but it's exceptionally rare for a pair to part ways before one is slain.

Diamondwings prefer to live in mountainous regions, and do not seem to mind heat or cold.

They're highly social and loyal to those they trust, but that trust is hard to win and easy to bruise.

Flattery will get you (almost) anywhere.

As if I didn't love these guys enough. wub.gif I've often struggled with picking a favorite dragon, because there are so many amazing species in this wonderous cave, and I thought I had cemented one when the Frills returned, but this dragon's design, combined which such a wonderful description, background and personality - it's finally settled. Diamondwings are my new solid favorite dragon. wub.gif

My female Monarch grew up. First time ever I'm posting this and the thread isn't closed ohmy.gif

some people like a break from release-related chaos, and regular releases create some chaos for longer than the two weeks it takes the initial eggs to grow up, as latecomers search for eggs.

Yup, and some just get really really borrrrred with that interminable wait. Not in the mood for all the 'chaos' of a release - ok, don't participate. I love the excitement of a new Release myself and am now kinda bummed that we'll have to wait so long for another regular one.

Yup, and some just get really really borrrrred with that interminable wait. Not in the mood for all the 'chaos' of a release - ok, don't participate. I love the excitement of a new Release myself and am now kinda bummed that we'll have to wait so long for another regular one.

Yeah, except that it's not that easy to not participate as it means missing out on samples of new breeds that may or may not turn out rare later.

Not an option. dry.gif

If you happen to get bored in a game that basically consists of "gather an egg and wait for a few days for it to hatch" it may not even be due to lack of new releases ...

Edited by Ruby Eyes

November and January are the most boring and idling periods on DC...

with the releases coming by the end of the month like recently, November release is allright - it's about a month after Halloween, and the most late-coming Halloween dragons grow up by 14th, now with Bolt BSA it's max 16th, if the release was anytime after 16th, it would be when literally nobody has anything growing from Halloween events... And it would still be a month before Christmas release, and about 3weeks before the Christmas events, while, again, 16days is the very MAXIMUM time a dragon can possibly not be grown up yet for...

Even easier with the January - we have only 2 eggs of the new breed because of the uber low CB limit... with another so limited dragon for Valentines, a release on the weekend closest to January 15th-20th or so would be perfect - again, 16days periods in between the January release and the tiny holiday ones.

I can't see why you wouldn't have enough time to deal with November and January releases alongside the holiday events... there's PLENTY of time inbetween for these 2 releases... Also noone is forced to grab the new eggs immediately after they're released, one can catch or trade for these anytime later anyway, if one prefers to have these months without catching new breeds... if these were due to be commons or from the tiny breeding groups(pygmies, 2-headeds, DC drakes), even better - easy-peasy to catch up a few months later after all the holidays.

So 1-2 new breeds should be good for November and January, there would be a month of nothing for both either before and after the release. This current space of 2 months between the holidays should be filled... in fact all the reasons against releases there I've ever heard of, are not really there if you think about it...

You have not been here very long.

There are others who have breeding goals and different scroll goals than you.

They might need some time in between to catch up.

I collect 128 CBs of all common breeds with the intention of breeding 8th gen pure bred Dragons with all of them on my scroll.

Also I have multiple checker lineages and also checker lineages with Holiday Dragons, where I need to collect other people's 2nd Gens.

I am very happy to get a break between releases, also I am happy if there is just one or two new breeds released instead of the Olympic Five, for example.

Maybe you need to find a bit more for yourself from Dragoncave than just collecting a certain number of CBs from every release, to keep it interesting?

Got my first Diamonwing adult, yay! His code starts with 'key' and I'm very pleased with that, haha.

I have some adults! A pair of Diamondwings and a male Monarch. Eager for the rest to grow up. I want to breed these guys.

Edited by inlaterdays

Just locked myself with two more Diamonds. My hoard has a great start. biggrin.gif

As members dragons are becoming adults, this topic is closed. Feel free to post in the correct topics in SD.

Thank you TJ, for another successful release.

Diamondwing extra info: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...0entry9306398

Diamondwing breeding plans: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=176261

Monarch breeding plans: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=176262

Other:

New Sprite General/Miscellaneous Discussion, after the new release post is locked - https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=157786

Wikia - http://dragcave.wikia.com/wiki/Currently_Being_Released

Type of avatar they breed - https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=161278

Type of striped they breed - https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=170509

General Congrats Thread - http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=126734

General Thank You - http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=127500

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler