TJ09

2016-09-25 - September Release

November - because  Hallowee'n is on 31st October which is almost November and the ASP is still full of holiday eggs for a while after that; January - because the Christmas release is on 25th December _with frantic breeding the week before and everyone crawling  the AP for days) and the event runs for a while - I seem to think it was even a full 2 weeks once, but I could easily be wrong)  and people are involved with that and also - it's quite nice for TJ to have a bit of Christmas time, I think...

We HAVE had a Black Friday release, once, I think ? - but don't count on that.

Yeah, I believe the Black Friday Dragon was the Trihorn Wyvern. Lovely breed. wub.gif

~*~

Well, all of my new babies have hatched safely and I'm in love with all of them. wub.gif Plus I just caught 2 more Diamonds in the cave so, I'm very happy. biggrin.gif

Edited by Syiren

I actually like the female Monarch sprite better because of the gold design on her chest. It's pretty! Though I also like that the male's eye color is gold. In general they are all very pretty dragons. And I have lepidopterophobia too, an intense fear of butterflies, but it doesn't bother me here...much. Based off the hatchling's description of having a voracious appetite, this makes sense because caterpillars are always hungry. Wish the hatchling sprite looked more like a caterpillar though. Caterpillars I like. I just can't stand those papery wings, ugh!

Really love the Leaf Litter ones. Keep picking those up. The female is my favorite.

Well, in all I have 6 Monarchs and 4 Diamondwings right now. Could've had more by now, except I grabbed a few pygmies from the cave during the release because I couldn't resist.

The Diamondwing dragons have no mention to why their hatchling versions were effectionate.

well im hoping odeen and infinis give us some more information about these dragons or that theres some encyclopedia information

The Diamondwing dragons have no mention to why their hatchling versions were effectionate.

Because the hatchlings are affectionate? I don't think hatchie descrips need to be specifically and clearly tied to the adult description. o.o It's not like anything in the adult description says they couldn't be affectionate. o.o

Because the hatchlings are affectionate? I don't think hatchie descrips need to be specifically and clearly tied to the adult description. o.o It's not like anything in the adult description says they couldn't be affectionate. o.o

Very true and if anything it only makes them even more loveable. biggrin.gif

Affectionate you mean?

Sorry, Grammer >..<

Edited by Raptor of Dragons

Affectionate you mean?

Sorry, Grammer >..<

We all understood what they meant. It's no big deal that they had a tiny typo...

~

I get adults in five hours!

The frill at the ends of monarch tails are just little frills, no relation to oak (or any other tree) leaves. o3o

November and January are the most boring and idling periods on DC...

with the releases coming by the end of the month like recently, November release is allright - it's about a month after Halloween, and the most late-coming Halloween dragons grow up by 14th, now with Bolt BSA it's max 16th, if the release was anytime after 16th, it would be when literally nobody has anything growing from Halloween events... And it would still be a month before Christmas release, and about 3weeks before the Christmas events, while, again, 16days is the very MAXIMUM time a dragon can possibly not be grown up yet for...

Even easier with the January - we have only 2 eggs of the new breed because of the uber low CB limit... with another so limited dragon for Valentines, a release on the weekend closest to January 15th-20th or so would be perfect - again, 16days periods in between the January release and the tiny holiday ones.

I can't see why you wouldn't have enough time to deal with November and January releases alongside the holiday events... there's PLENTY of time inbetween for these 2 releases... Also noone is forced to grab the new eggs immediately after they're released, one can catch or trade for these anytime later anyway, if one prefers to have these months without catching new breeds... if these were due to be commons or from the tiny breeding groups(pygmies, 2-headeds, DC drakes), even better - easy-peasy to catch up a few months later after all the holidays.

So 1-2 new breeds should be good for November and January, there would be a month of nothing for both either before and after the release. This current space of 2 months between the holidays should be filled... in fact all the reasons against releases there I've ever heard of, are not really there if you think about it...

some people like a break from release-related chaos, and regular releases create some chaos for longer than the two weeks it takes the initial eggs to grow up, as latecomers search for eggs.

some people like a break from release-related chaos, and regular releases create some chaos for longer than the two weeks it takes the initial eggs to grow up, as latecomers search for eggs.

Not to mention, we have no idea what is going on behind the scenes. With past Christmas releases we have had some very labor intensive games. I'm sure that TJ and the spriter's all like to have some kind of break between events...

I know I do-lol! I will be sitting in the ap hunting for spriter's alt eggs until I drop-plus i have to work and sleep. tongue.gif

I won't get adults for another 15 and 16 hours. But I'm excited about them! Especially the Monarchs, cannot *wait* to have those adults on my scroll!

Probably a little late to comment on the adults, but heyyyy they all look really nice. Came out of my temp hiatus just to get these things, and seeing them grow up I'm glad I did!

The diamonds are gorgeous and the muscly monarchs are really cool. The contrast between the adults on the latter is neato and works well. Need to go hunt for more of them when I have better internet.

The laziest, but here:

user posted image

Diamondwing dragons are proud, flamboyant, affectionate creatures with temperaments as lustrous as their wings.

Males will endanger their own lives to collect the shiniest trinkets with which to decorate their dens and perfect the most impressive aerial displays, and for good reason: they are looking to attract The One, and they intend to keep that mate forever. Mated pairs will still act out the rituals of courtship annually to reaffirm their bond, but it's exceptionally rare for a pair to part ways before one is slain.

Diamondwings prefer to live in mountainous regions, and do not seem to mind heat or cold.

They're highly social and loyal to those they trust, but that trust is hard to win and easy to bruise.

Flattery will get you (almost) anywhere.

Nice to see that the new eggs are still dropping pretty frequently on the 5-minute drops. Just filled up my scroll for a 3rd time.

The boys will endanger their own lives for a shiny thing? Talk about not getting their priorities straight xd.png

Beautiful art, and thanks for the additional info Odeen!

This was a nice release-- I like both sprites and eggs were no stress to catch. Really loving the color shades on the female Monarch, all those lovely greys, and the male has such a nice, contrasting charcoal colors that make the wings pop. Good stuff.

I don't have any extra info for the monarchs at this time. Sorry guys o3o