TJ09

2016-09-25 - September Release

So, uh. Something really weird happened to my eggs? They switched breed....

I had four Diamond eggs and three leaf litter eggs, and when they hatched, they all switched breed? So now I have four leaf litters, two hatched diamonds, and a leaf litter egg. What the heck happened??? The codes have remained the same but the breeds are backwards!!!!

https://i.gyazo.com/be99211e17c606216dbce689b99fdbce.png

So, uh. Something really weird happened to my eggs? They switched breed....

I had four Diamond eggs and three leaf litter eggs, and when they hatched, they all switched breed? So now I have four leaf litters, two hatched diamonds, and a leaf litter egg. What the heck happened??? The codes have remained the same but the breeds are backwards!!!!

https://i.gyazo.com/be99211e17c606216dbce689b99fdbce.png

Nope. The bright pink hatchies come from the diamond egg, the grey hatchies come from the leafy egg. You're not the first to be puzzled. wink.gif

So are the female Monarchs the White ones, while the males are the black bodied ones? That seems to make the most sense to me :3

BTW, LOVE LOVE LOVE the Diamondwings. Do have to say the name looks a bit odd smushing those two words together xd.png

I wish the Diamondwing's wings opened up a bit more, to really show off the shinyness. But they are awesome. I really, really love the pose.

Yunno what's fun to do? Have TJ's male and female Monarch adults open in tabs, and tab back and forth between them really quickly. The change in color looks amazing that way.

Love those adults!!!!!!!!!!

The leafy ones are super but wub.gif those diamonds!!

BTW, LOVE LOVE LOVE the Diamondwings. Do have to say the name looks a bit odd smushing those two words together xd.png

Kind of like butterfly, keyboard, notebook, and football? =p Is it just because diamond is a longer word? =o

~

Augh, the lineage threads are up in SD and female monarchs look good with everything. @_@

At 7 diamondwings and 8 leaf litters and four eggs hatch with 8 hours to let me catch some more. o3o

All of the adults are just stunning. I can't wait to get more of the eggs once i get unlocked.

love them both! thanks for the hard work spriters!

need 3 more monarchs to complete my initial 4 pairs of each, but am locked til tomorrow.

Wow, both of these dragons look absolutely wonderful!

Kudos to TJ, spriters, and all others involved with giving us these two new breeds.

Goodness, going to be so busy with collecting. (Not that I'm complaining ;3 )

Oh wow, I love the dragons! Especially the Monarch ones, which I think are my favourite of the two. I love the different colours of their sprites. They're very cute!

Please keep chatting to a minimum. Keep in mind this thread is for new release discussion only.

Reposting as a reminder.

I found a typo in the monarch dragon's description...

"Monarch Dragons feed on large waterfowl, supplementing with a diet of with eggs and fish as needed."

I think it should read:

"Monarch Dragons feed on large waterfowl, supplementing with a diet of with eggs and fish as needed."

Wonderful adults, I adore both species and will happily collect as many as I can! wub.gif

The Diamondwings are a very nice addition. Especially the diamond effect on their belly, wings and crown is marvellously done ! And the dragons colour goes very well with that effect ! If only I liked pinkish/magenta colours a little better...

And I fell in love with the Monarchs ! Absolutely adore their face/head design, and those smoky colours are really interesting (and look really good, especially with the darker shadings around the muzzle, feet, etc.). The warm browns and golds of their wings and tail tufts (yay, beautiful tail tufts !) go really well with that. I had to figure out their pose at first, because looking at the front half I thought they were lying, and under that assumption the hind legs were really strange. But looking at them as "in flight" everything comes together. (Just would have expected the wings to be less curled inwards while flying.)

And ooohhhh those hatchies are cute !

Thank you very much, TJ, Odeen and Infinis, for this beautiful release !

Now I'll keep hoping for a little more information about their "personality" (or rather, first thing is hoping that there is any such information). wink.gif

Edited by Lantean_Pegasus

I had to figure out their pose at first, because looking at the front half I thought they were lying, and under that assumption the hind legs were really strange. But looking at them as "in flight" everything comes together. (Just would have expected the wings to be less curled inwards while flying.)

I could plonk them on a tree branch and the pose would still work XD I can't help but see them as though they're lounging on an invisible branch.

TJ's hatchlings are frozen now, and the male s2 monarch got added! biggrin.gif I wonder when that happened, he has a lot of views despite getting added in recently.

I can't help but see them as though they're lounging on an invisible branch.

Lol, that was the first thing I thought when I saw them too. tongue.gif

Nabbed another Diamondwing from the Cave, glad to see they're dropping regularly.

I could plonk them on a tree branch and the pose would still work xd.png I can't help but see them as though they're lounging on an invisible branch.

Hmm, now that you say it - invisible tree branch it is ! laugh.gif