Wildmoon

The Mental Health Awareness Project

If you have a pair of Purples you can use Fertility on them if it is their first breed attempt. That way (I'm sorry) *they have a significantly less chance to refuse* (just had to go back and make certain: link to TJ's announcement). smile.gif It's a new(ish) feature. Extremely useful, I think.

Also, I'm hesitant to add every type of mental health disorder there is out there. Maybe we should chunk them down into categories, like for example instead of Narcolepsy it could be general sleep disorders? I just see this lineage getting a little wild and maybe out of hand with ideas, which could confuse people (like me). It's just a suggestion. Maybe I'm the only one being too picky about this, lol. You know me; I like clarity...and the phrase, 'less is more.'

Edited by purplenewt

I do have purples, and will be using them next time I try to breed the other CB

Surprisingly enough, that list is only a small list of the amount of mental illnesses and disorders out there. I can probably group different types of Schizophrenia as just "Schizophrenia" - such as Paranoid Schizophrenia would fall under that, but with some disorders, whilst they are part of the same "category" they are entirely different.

Take sleep disorders, like you said - Narcolepsy and Insomnia are both "sleep disorders" but are complete opposites. =P

I don't want to end up offending people by grouping things too much, is all. =P

The list is really only there to give people an idea of what they could represent if they wanted too. smile.gif

That is true. The narcolepsy thing was a bad example. And I agree with you about the schizophrenia thing (it's a better example than I gave, ha!). I think having a list is an excellent idea. I've been thinking (I know, a bad thing) if, say, someone already represents 'Bipolar' as a whole and another person comes around and absolutely positively insists on representing, even having a different dragon for, Bipolar II because they take the illness that seriously...who are we to tell them no? Overall though, I just thought it would be better, certainly simpler, to chunk some of them down a little, not a whole lot, but a little. At least until we have covered every general illness. Then we could spread out if we want. I won't be offended if you don't take my advice. It's just a thought.

In other news... I have my two candelabra eggs and influenced them appropriately. Now I wait.

Edited by purplenewt

I can chunk a few down as "Schizophrenia" and "Bipolar", but like you said, if someone really wants to represent a different sub-type of it, then I won't tell them no, I don't expect every single little mental illness out there to be represented, because there is just so many "sub types" of mental illnesses, ect, it would be far too much, realistically. =P

And yay, as soon as I'm not egg locked I'll be trying to breed my other CB lindwurm, and I will use the purple's bsa. and if it still refuses I don't even know >.<

My kingcrownes did not gender correct. sad.gif

Hopeful I can pick up another, soon and it will gender as male. =P

I've got a pair of gender-precog'd 2nd gen AoCs, so I'll be using those instead of Chronos unless I suddenly find a pair of Xenos for ADHD.

~I Would Like To Be A Representative~

Name: Guillotine

Disorder/Illness I wish To Represent: ADHD

Dragon Breed Chosen: Avatar of Change

Why This Dragon Was Chosen: AoCs are described as "exuberant, unpredictable dragons" in their description, and I find that monotony is one of the most crushing things to deal with as a person with ADHD. Also, this is a more accurate description in my experience with the disorder than pure hyperactivity.

Scroll: InnocentGuillotine

Extra: The AoC will be a pair of 2nd gens with the appropriate name; I do think they are the most appropriate breed, but I understand if you'd rather I use Chronos.

So my two AoCs bred successfully... but I forgot I was locked so the egg autoed. But yeah, they're open for any requests now.

The Male

The female

~I Would Like To Be A Representative~

Name: DaniBoo

Disorder/Illness I wish To Represent: Epilepsy

Dragon Breed Chosen: Purple

Why This Dragon Was Chosen: I chose the Purple dragon because purple is the colour of the epilepsy awareness ribbon.

Scroll: DaniBoo

Extra: My sister suffers from epilepsy and has seizures everyday, so this hits close to home. She picked out the dragon and would love to spread awareness to her condition.