Wildmoon

The Mental Health Awareness Project

Also, my Fiance say's she wants to represent Trichotillomania , as she has suffered with that in the past through her adolescence (thankfully, she is a lot better with it now than she used to be) but she can't think of a dragon to use for that, any ideas?

I actually suffer from that as well, mostly I pull out my eye brows when stressed or bored. I don't usually know I'm doing it until someone tells me I'm doing it; then I stop. It's a compulsion, and I don't know why I do it, other than it is soothing. The one that comes right to mind is the Kingcrowne, since it mentions hair. smile.gif

~I Would Like To Be A Representative~

Name: Guillotine

Disorder/Illness I wish To Represent: ADHD

Dragon Breed Chosen: Avatar of Change OR Chrono Xenowyrm

Why This Dragon Was Chosen: AoCs are described as "exuberant, unpredictable dragons" in their description, and I find that monotony is one of the most crushing things to deal with as a person with ADHD. Also, this is a more accurate description in my experience with the disorder than pure hyperactivity.

Chrono Xenowyrms are manipulators of time, and time is something that I and many other sufferers struggle with the grasp of. Time frequently seems to move strangely for me, and I feel that these dragons represent that well.

Scroll: InnocentGuillotine

Extra: The AoC will be a pair of 2nd gens with the appropriate name; I do think they are the most appropriate breed, but I understand if you'd rather I use Chronos.

My favorite color is probably purple.

Also, my Fiance say's she wants to represent Trichotillomania , as she has suffered with that in the past through her adolescence (thankfully, she is a lot better with it now than she used to be) but she can't think of a dragon to use for that, any ideas?

Luminas are canonically stated to pick at their scales, so that might be fitting? (Though they would also work well for dermatillomania.) Kingcrownes is also a good idea, though.

Thoughts on what a good representative for PTSD would be? I'm thinking either Guardians or Spirit Wards would work well, since when you have PTSD it's hard to feel safe, and dragons who are big on protecting people would be a good vibe for the lineage, but there's probably others that would be good, too.

Guillotine, I would prefer the Representative's to be CB's

But maybe some exceptions can be made for certain Rep's if need be =)

It's really more about raising awareness, so I guess in the end - it wouldn't matter too much, since some breeds that people may want to use and fit the best may be hard to obtain - as AoC's are.

Kingcrowne's would be a pretty good idea for Trich, with the obsession with the "hair" it's so far the closest thing, but with the Kingcrowne's they groom themselve's to be in "good condition" - whereas Trich is more of just an impulse to pull hair out. Or so I understand, I could be wrong about it.And If I am, I do apologise - My Fiance doesn't talk too much about it, as she tries to think past it.

although I thought of Narcissistic Personality Disorder when re-reading the description of Kingcrowne's, although Lumina's could work for that, too.

Guardian Dragon's could be good for PTSD, Truthfully, I don't know a lot about PTSD, but I get the idea of the protective type being a good vibe.

My fiance would have to collect the dragon's which end up chosen for the lineage, most likely though, just as a heads up.

I think it's nice that we can discuss which dragon's we think are better suited. o.O

xd.png

Yeah, it's an issue I understand, but the only other ones that come to mind are the more hyperactive drakes (which are explicitly unintelligent) and some Pygmies (which I feel don't really fit well otherwise). I'm open to suggestions, though. I may have overlooked a more common breed that would fit better. e: Looking through descriptions, Nilias are close-ish, but I'm not fond of the sprite...

And as someone with trich, it can manifest as an obsession with getting a certain apperance (it's why I didn't realize I had it for a long while). The kingcrownes grooming habits seem pretty fitting to me.

Edited by Guillotine

Luminas. Their scales fall off a lot....

I think the general vote for Trich has gone to be Kingcrowne's representing it. =3

So once she's collected a pair, Sinine will be representing Trichotillomania.

Perhaps a dark lumina could be Dermatillomania, and Light Lumina be Narcissistic Personality Disorder?

Although we did have PredatorFan4Ever thinking of using the dark and light lumina's for Bipolar - but in all honesty, It would be easier and preferable to have a single breed representing, and Lumina's do fit Dermotillomania and NPD, imo.

Again, if you want to apply send me a PM - it's easier for me to keep track of the apps and representatives through a message than it is to read through the thread. xd.png

EDIT: I think this thread will mainly be the representatives discussions about choosing wich dragon's, ect, and applying to rep.

Once we have a decent amount of Representatives, (which admittedly may take a while, I know Sinine (my fiance) still needs to collect a pair of kingcrownes, as she's been quite inactive on the site recently, so she hasn't got any, so patience is needed xd.png) and pairs are able to breed, ect, then I will probably make a new thread and start the eggs waitlists ect, then.

Edited by Trickseh

Well, if we end up finding more mental health issues than there are breeds in the cave, there'd be duplicate assignments anyway smile.gif

Name: Zerhai

Disorder/Illness I wish To Represent: Anxiety

Dragon Breed Chosen: Aeon Wyverns

Why This Dragon Was Chosen: I would think a dragon which can see into time even minorly could end up with a lot of problems, though they still use those powers.

Scroll: http://dragcave.net/user/Zerhai

Extra: My husband and I both have anxiety problems (i have a pair that i can use for this btw)

Edited by Zerhai

Ooh... I wouldn't of thought that way about Aeon Wyverns and Anxiety (which I am going to assume is Generalised Anxiety Disorder?)

I would of thought Falconiforms xd.png - mainly because they are said to be shy and feel threatened when approached, but I think that may fit more with Social Phobia. But again, it all depend's on what the Rep's choose.

So Far, we have these Representative's (correct me if I'm wrong or missed someone out)

Myself Representing MPD/DID with Two Headed Lindwurm's

Sinine Representing Trichotillomania with Kingcrowne's

Purplenewt Representing Borderline Personality Disorder with Candelbra's

Ruby_Eyes Representing Dysthymia (Neurotic Depression) with Storm Dragon's

Guillotine Representing ADHD , Dragon not yet chosen, possibly either Chrono's or Avatars of Change.

Zerhai Representing Anxiety with Aeon Wyverns

We also have possible Reps for Anorexia, PTSD, and Bipolar Disorder, but no official apps as of yet xd.png

If I've missed anyone out, let me know.

I finally got a pair mated and named. Is this the right form for this?

~New Egg Born!~

Type: Dysthymia Storm

Bred By: Ruby Eyes

Lineage Link: https://dragcave.net/lineage/AYKJZ

Keeping or Transferring: If anyone is interested, I can send it tomorrow some time. smile.gif

It is, but I was waiting on getting waitlists and other reps started, after we had everything finalised ect xd.png

ah well - someone can take it, still. I don't mind.

Well, in that case, I have my MPD/DID dragons available to breed, if anyone wants =P

You missed me as a possible rep for (genetically influenced) depression, (w/ Blacks. No app because I'll be on vacay and then need to grab 2 dergs for them), and someone mentioned they might rep Insomnia with Nocturnes.

You missed me as a possible rep for (genetically influenced) depression, (w/ Blacks. No app because I'll be on vacay and then need to grab 2 dergs for them), and someone mentioned they might rep Insomnia with Nocturnes.

Sorry, Will add that to list of possible reps happy.gif

I should probably update the first page stuff with the current reps, too.

I won't add people to the definite reps list until there's a proper app though, but I'll put down that there are possible reps for things

It is, but I was waiting on getting waitlists and other reps started, after we had everything finalised ect xd.png

Well, I had to testbreed them before I name them to make sure they don't refuse (you know how it is with depression: when you catch them at the wrong time, they won't accept anything you show them and just hide somewhere from the black hole in their mind)

- and not only were they in the mood, they also laid an egg, what can I say smile.gif

It's fine, I should probably make sure mine don't refuse, actually. hopefully they won't refuse. xd.png

Anyway, I updated the first page and added the current reps,as well as possible future reps.

I've decided that I will probably allow multiple rep's for each thing,

Also, I've decided that the same dragon species can be used for more than one thing, since there are some dragon's which may fit multiple things really well, in the reps opinions.

Also, anyone else think that Pillow Dragon's would be perfect for narcolepsy? I don't have it myself, but I think the sleepy pillow dragon's would represent it well....personally I also find the pillow dragons cute too tbh. xd.png

I just say that it might take a time for me to get the Trichotillomania pair. I have eggs, but they possible might not gender as wanted.

It's fine, I should probably make sure mine don't refuse, actually. hopefully they won't refuse. xd.png

Anyway, I updated the first page and added the current reps,as well as possible future reps.

I've decided that I will probably allow multiple rep's for each thing,

Also, I've decided that the same dragon species can be used for more than one thing, since there are some dragon's which may fit multiple things really well, in the reps opinions.

Also, anyone else think that Pillow Dragon's would be perfect for narcolepsy? I don't have it myself, but I think the sleepy pillow dragon's would represent it well....personally I also find the pillow dragons cute too tbh. xd.png

omg a use for my pillow dragons!

lol

here you go:

Name: Zerhai

Disorder/Illness I wish To Represent: Narcolepsy, I have never been diagnosed however I believe I have a minor case of it

Dragon Breed Chosen: Pillow

Why This Dragon Was Chosen: Suggestion from Trickseh, pillow-sleep it seems to fit

Scroll: http://dragcave.net/user/Zerhai

Extra:(though they need to be renamed, I have a pair who succeeded my breed test)

.... *FACEDESK*

THIS IS WHY YOU SHOULD ALWAYS TEST DRAGONS WILL ACTUALY BREED FIRST

Damn you dragons you ruined everything >.<

I do have another CB Two-Head Lindwurm, so hopefully that works...hopefully.

I can probably pick up another one or two eventually if not , but damnnn this is annoying xd.png

Sorry people - It totally didn't register to me that this could happen sad.gif

I'll still rep MPD/DID, but it may be a while before I can a pair to breed, so for now, the waitlist on MPD/DID is closed.

Other people can of course still apply to get an egg from another rep, or apply to be a rep themselves though. smile.gif

Edited by Trickseh

here is the result of the breeding test (with newly renamed dragons, they had not been bred before so it was not problem)

~New Egg Born!~

Type: Pillow

Bred By: Zerhai

Lineage Link: http://dragcave.net/lineage/K4bfX

Keeping or Transferring: keeping unless someone really wants it

also trickseh you might want to put a link to a list or something showing possible mental health problems potential representatives could choose from

Edited by Zerhai

Edited the reserved post (aka the third post down on the first page) to show a list of possible mental disorders/illnesses to choose from.

I did try making a google doc for it, but google hates me so i just put it in here >.>

Now I just have to hope that my Fiance's kingcrownes gender correctly for her (for the trichotillomania) and that if I rename my other CB Two-Headed Lindwurm, it will breed and not refuse like the last one ;-;

Always check your dragons will breed first, people. xd.png

Edited the reserved post (aka the third post down on the first page) to show a list of possible mental disorders/illnesses to choose from.

I did try making a google doc for it, but google hates me so i just put it in here >.>

Now I just have to hope that my Fiance's kingcrownes gender correctly for her (for the trichotillomania) and that if I rename my other CB Two-Headed Lindwurm, it will breed and not refuse like the last one ;-;

Always check your dragons will breed first, people. xd.png

I learned that lesson a long time ago.... note: how long it took me to start the wish lineage...

yet i still make the mistake everyonce in a while, course when i forget to check is when they refuse....

Well, luckily I do have another CB 2head Lindwurm, so hopefully when I'm not egglocked from new eggs, I'll check to make sure they breed and if they don't I will just bury my head in the sand and become a furious ostrich >.<

o.O