Wildmoon

The Mental Health Awareness Project

~Welcome To The Mental Health Awareness Project~

Every year, 1 in 4 people will suffer from a mental illness. And those are just the people who get help, there are still millions of people out there who don't. Mental illnesses come in many forms. This lineage exists to try and raise awareness of the many existing mental illnesses, Ranging from Personality, Depression, Bipolar, Schizophrenic Disorders, Eating Disorders, Panic Disorders, Compulsive Disorders, Autistic Spectrum disorders - any type of disorder or ilness relating to mental health. I have listed but a small few of the types of disorders that exist.

So, Join in on this project, and help to raise awareness for each and every one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~How It Will Work~

This lineage will not stem from a singular person's dragons. So for this reason, is why you will have to apply to be a breeder in this lineage.

A bit like the "Travel" Lineage's, This lineage project will work by a person who will choose to "represent" a specific mental Illness. That person will apply by using a form (which will be posted below).

Once the representative has been chosen for an illness, they will be able to breed eggs for the linage from their chosen dragons.

You will be able to collect eggs from each different person who represents a certain Mental Illness, and show your awareness and support for the illness/disorder. Quite simple, really. You don't need to represent an illness if you don't want too - you can still have an egg from a breeder if you want one!

Then, you can breed them to create fantastic lineages which will raise awareness for the people who suffer daily from these disorders.

When naming Dragons, it must have either an Acronym or The full name of the illness included in its name.

For example, I will be Representing MPD/DID (multiple personality) as it is something I suffer with IRL. My Dragon's Have the MPD and DID acronyms in their names.

Rules

1. Breeding Pairs MUST be CB Dragons

2. No Inbreeding with dragon's not in the project.

3. No Killing, Biting, or trying to turn your dragons.

4. When naming your dragons, include the full or acronym name of the disorder/illness.

5. No derogatory terms to be used, try not to be triggering.

6. if applying for an egg or to represent, post your favorite color to show you've read the rules.

~Forms~

~I Would Like To Be A Representative~

Name:

Disorder/Illness I wish To Represent:

Dragon Breed Chosen:

Why This Dragon Was Chosen:

Scroll:

Extra:

[COLOR=green][b]~I Would Like To Be A Representative~[/B][/COLOR]
[B]Name:[/B]
[b]Disorder/Illness I wish To Represent:[/B]
[B]Dragon Breed Chosen:[/b]
[B]Why This Dragon Was Chosen:[/B]
[B]Scroll:[/B]
[b]Extra:[/b]

~New Egg Born!~

Type:

Bred By:

Lineage Link:

Keeping or Transferring:

[COLOR=green][b]~New Egg Born!~[/B][/COLOR]
[b]Type:[/b]
[b]Bred By:[/b]
[b]Lineage Link:[/b]
[b]Keeping or Transferring:[/b]

~Successful Transfer~

Egg Sent By:

Egg Received By:

[COLOR=green][b]~Successful Transfer~[/B][/COLOR]
[b]Egg Sent By:[/b]
[B]Egg Received By:[/b]

~Naming Form~

Type:

Name:

Lineage Link:

[COLOR=green][b]~Naming Form~[/B][/COLOR]
[b]Type:[/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Lineage Link:[/b]

Edited by Trickseh

Current Representatives:

Trickseh

Representing: Multiple Personality Disorder/Dissociative Identity Disorder

Dragon Used: Two Headed Lindwurm

Info on MPD/DID

Sinine

Representing: Trichotillomania

Dragon Used: Kingcrowne

Info on Trichotillomania

Purplenewt

Representing: Borderline Personality Disorder

Dragon Used: Candelbra

Info on BPD

Ruby_Eyes

Representing: Dysthymia

Dragon Used: Storm Dragon

Info on Dysthymia

Zerhai

Representing: Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Dragon Used: Aeon Wyvern

Info on Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Representing: Narcolepsy

Dragon Used: Pillow Dragon

Info on Narcolepsy

DaniBoo

Representing: Epilepsy

Dragon Used: Purple Dragon

Info on Epilepsy

POSSIBLE FUTURE REPRESENTATIVES

These People have expressed interest in becoming a rep, but have either not chosen a final dragon to use, or have not submitted an app as of yet.

Gullotine - ADHD - Has applied, but not finalised a decision on the dragon chosen.

Dusky_Flareon - Genetically Influenced Depression, using Black dragons.

Lolahighwind - PTSD - possibly using Guardian Dragon's or Spirit ward dragons.

Purplenewt - possibly also representing Insomnia with Nocturne Dragon's.

Predatorfan4ever - Possibly representing Bipolar Disorder / Anorexia

Note:

I may allow more than one representative for some

Also, Dragon's may be used for two types of Illness/Disorders, so if you wanted to use a dragon already used as a representative, you can. - just make sure they are appropriately named.

Edited by Trickseh

List Of Disorders And Illnesses

Here, I have listed a list of mental illnesses that will hopefully be represented in this lineage - there may be quite a lot of illnesses or disorders that I have missed off, so if you know of more, you are of course still welcome to represent any that aren't on the list, too. This is here just to give an idea. smile.gif

MPD/DID (Multiple Personality Disorder) – Represented by Trickseh with 2 Headed Lindwurms.

Trichotillomania – Represented by Sinine using Kingcrowne Dragons

Anorexia Nervosa

Acute Stress Disorder

Adjustment disorder

ADHD - possibly represented by Guillotine (?)

Autism

Bipolar Disorder

Unipolar Disorder

Aspergers Syndrome

Dyspraxia

ARFID /SED (Selective Eating Disorder)

Amnestic Disorder/Amnesia

Borderline Personality Disorder - Represented by Purplenewt using Candelbra Dragons

Dysmorphic Disorder

Binge Eating Disorder

Bulimia Nervosa

Borderline Intellectual Functioning

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)

Psychosis

Catatonic Disorder

Catatonic Schizophrenia

Circadian Rythm Sleep Disorder (CRSD)

Narcolepsy - Represented by Zerhai with Pillow Dragons

Tourrettes Syndrome

Cyclothymia

Dysthymia - Represented by Ruby_Eyes with Storm Dragons

Depersonalization Disorder

Major Depressive Disorder

Minor Depressive Disorder

Derealization Disorder

Dermatillomania

Diogenes Syndrome

Epilepsy

EDNOS (Eating Disorder Not Otherwise Specified)

Factitious Disorder

Generalized Anxiety Disorder - Represented by Zerhai with Aeon Wyverns.

Histrionic Personality Disorder

Huntington’s Disease

Hypochondriasis

Insomnia

Intermittent Explosive Disorder

Maladaptive Daydreaming

Dyscalculia

Dyslexia

Misophonia

Munchausen Syndrome

Narcissistic Personality Disorder

Nightmare/Dream Anxiety Disorder

Night Eating Syndrome

Oneirophrenia

Orthorexia Nervosa

Panic Disorder

Paranoid Personality Disorder

Pica

PTSD

Parasomnia

Schizioid Personality Disorder

Schizoaffective Disorder

Schizophrenia

Paranoid Schizophrenia

Schizotypal Personality Disorder

Social Anxiety Disorder

Dyskinesia-

long list is long. :I

Edited by Trickseh

@Trickseh

There are some (at least somewhat) genetic mental illnesses (Rett Syndrome for example). Would I be allowed to use dragons thst qualify under the Genetic Syndrome Lineage and are nembers of that? (GSL dragons CAN be named after a genetic disorder.) There are some genetic risk factors for depression, as well.

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

That should be ok. This lineage/project is to raise awareness of all types of mental illnesses, genetic, or non genetic. smile.gif

You'd still need to fill in the form, ect, but you can use the same dragon breed, if you share the reason it was chosen.

One heads up - since you mention the travel threads. If you are looking for people to join in and breed collaboratively, and if you want each person to take a different breed -as the travel threads do - you may have shot yourself in the foot already. Two-headeds, drakes and pygmies are ruled out of the travel threads because of their limited breeding pool.

You have already adopted two headed dragons for your DID/MPD. There's only the possibility of five more participants you can breed with. Just a thought...

I might play, once this is considered and possibly changed ?

Edited by fuzzbucket

What do you mean by it being limited?

I have the breeding pair ready for MPD/DID, and yes, they happen to be two headed dragons. I'd be the only one breeding the MPD/DID dragons, as I am the one representing it.

You can choose literally any other dragon to represent any other illness, so long as you give the reason as to why. None of the other's HAVE to be a type of two headed dragon.

The different lineages for each illness don't interlap, they are separate. It's a project that I thought would be nice if other people were willing to expand on it, and offer their own representation of a mental illness. =P

Can multiple people represent the same thing? If so, I'd participate (I don't want to take away the option for others to stand for what I have).

Name: Ruby Eyes

Disorder/Illness I wish To Represent: Depression

Dragon Breed Chosen: Storm

Why This Dragon Was Chosen: Because there's this dark cloud around, threatening and everpresent, which needs to be controlled as good as one can so it doesn't consume everything in sight.

Scroll: https://dragcave.net/user/Ruby+Eyes

Extra: Orange!

I'm off for a while now, but when I'm back, I'll pick the dragons to be paired and named for this - I got plenty of Storms available!

So it sounds like you want us to choose a species that represents a type of disorder and keep the lineage pure. Say, for instance, what if someone has both MPD/DID AND Depression? You can't breed Two-headeds with Storms, but you CAN have two separate lineages on your scroll: one to represent each disorder you have/support. Do I have that straight?

I no longer suffer so much from Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) as I used to, but support and awareness for BPD is very dear to me. I'm glad you chose to do what you did with this lineage project. I hope it better builds awareness for all types of mental health disorders and that it helps us to learn and bring others together, tearing down the stigma!

Name: purplenewt

Disorder/Illness I wish To Represent: Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD)

Dragon Breed Chosen: Candelabra?

Why This Dragon Was Chosen: I had some difficulty looking for the "perfect" breed for this personality disorder, so I hope no one will be offended by my narrowing down of choice. People with BPD struggle with who they are and what they stand for. They also suffer from black or white thinking and often make suicide threats/attempts because they hate themselves. Because they don't have a good sense of self, they often form relationships with people only to break away from them when that person does something they decide they no longer like. They are very "flighty" and confusing individuals. We don't mean to be. Most BPD's are very social and fun-loving, and what we crave most is security in knowing that we are accepted no matter what/who we choose to do/be. In my personal opinion, at the root of BPD is the real or imagined fear of abandonment. We will do anything to avoid abandonment at all costs, even doing the craziest things that might have made sense to us at the time but now seem very...unwise. This disorder is often misdiagnosed, as it is similar to Histrionic Personality Disorder and Bipolar-Depression Disorder. I chose Candelabra because in the description it says they go through extreme lengths to be devoted to someone and if that person does something the dragon doesn't like, they, and I quote, "they do not take lightly the breaking of a promise, and have been known unleash a furious wrath when betrayed." Candelabra's seem generally very friendly and social but are prone to mood instability, just like someone with BPD. (I shied away from Almeralds because I thought that breed would be better suited for Bipolar).

Scroll: http://dragcave.net/user/purplenewt

Extra: Green!

I will have to pick up a pair of CB's first, though, so bear with me while I make preparations.

EDIT:

If you want more information on this particular disorder, click this Linkie.

Edited by purplenewt

What do you mean by it being limited?

I have the breeding pair ready for MPD/DID, and yes, they happen to be two headed dragons. I'd be the only one breeding the MPD/DID dragons, as I am the one representing it.

You can choose literally any other dragon to represent any other illness, so long as you give the reason as to why. None of the other's HAVE to be a type of two headed dragon.

The different lineages for each illness don't interlap, they are separate. It's a project that I thought would be nice if other people were willing to expand on it, and offer their own representation of a mental illness. =P

OK fair enough. You referenced the travel threads. The whole point of those is that we exchange babies - all of different breeds, and we breed them to get fab lineages. Yours are - then - single breed lineages, each for one condition - so why would people collect each others' eggs ? (you have the keeping/transferring forms.)

I am acutely aware of mental illnesses; our family is crawling with various conditions - but I can make my own depression lineage... as I could also Asperger's, Bi-Polar 2 and a number of others I am closely involved with. I'm not sure how posting them here would help... I did rather like the idea of doing it like the travel - so my Depression could mate with your DID.... then anyone looking at the line would be made aware of more than one condition.

In any case - I might yet sign up - but not for a couple of months, as I shall be on the road.

So it sounds like you want us to choose a species that represents a type of disorder and keep the lineage pure. Say, for instance, what if someone has both MPD/DID AND Depression? You can't breed Two-headeds with Storms, but you CAN have two separate lineages on your scroll: one to represent each disorder you have/support. Do I have that straight?

Pretty much. You'd be able to have 2g eggs of a representative's lineage and continue to carry on the lineage further with other CB dragon's of that type.

I may allow more than one representative of a type of disorder, simply for the reason that if people want eggs - if there is more than one representative, there would be more eggs being bred. if that makes sense.

However, it will be the "First Representative" of the illness/disorder that chooses the dragon type. Otherwise we'll have like multiple dragons representing one thing, and it could get confusing, or limit choice for other illnesses and disorders.

Say if someone else wanted to represent MPD/DID too, they would be allowed, but they would have to use the same dragon type. =P

Also, Both of these Apps for representations can be accepted happy.gif

Let me know if you still want to represent them, or when you are ready too, and I will add you to the representatives.

...also..Blue. lol xd.png

and sorry if I'm not making too much sense - it is getting a little late and I've been awake since 4am thanks to my cat. yay. xd.png

Agh cmon! I wanted depresssion... Get trapped in school and....

Can anyone help me think of a genetic mental disorder that fits Blacks? That's the breed I'd love to use.

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

OK fair enough. You referenced the travel threads. The whole point of those is that we exchange babies - all of different breeds, and we breed them to get fab lineages. Yours are - then - single breed lineages, each for one condition - so why would people collect each others' eggs ? (you have the keeping/transferring forms.)

I am acutely aware of mental illnesses; our family is crawling with various conditions - but I can make my own depression lineage... as I could also Asperger's, Bi-Polar 2 and a number of others I am closely involved with. I'm not sure how posting them here would help... I did rather like the idea of doing it like the travel - so my Depression could mate with your DID.... then anyone looking at the line would be made aware of more than one condition.

In any case - I might yet sign up - but not for a couple of months, as I shall be on the road.

ninja.gif

I get what you mean, and I think in the future, if this lineage gets attention, I shall start more multi-awareness lineages that would be able to breed together.

Or maybe any eggs below 2g for example can be allowed to breed. at some point. Not just yet though, I want to see how it goes, first.

It's also kind of a nice thing to see how many people are willing to start up a lineage within this project. In a way, it gives me more confidence on the fact that I am a quite mentally ill person. But there are so many others out there that fight mentall illness, or are aware and support people with them. The idea is to show your support for the illness by collecting the eggs. You are still free to breed those eggs and carry on the lineage, so long as its with another of the breed/species.

I've always been in and out of depression a lot of my life, and like many teens, suffered from a lot of Psychosis, as an adult I do have the MPD/DID, but I also have Panic Attacks quite often, so possibly some sort of panic disorder, I've been drug dependant recently in the past, though now I'm clean. So it's nice to see that others are aware and helpful.

In time, I will be posting links to help sites, and places people can learn about the disorders. but atm, like said before. I'm very tired xd.png

I may also try and create a master-list of disorders/illnesses that can be represented. I'm not entirely sure how, but yea.

Agh cmon! I wanted depresssion... Get trapped in school and....

Can anyone help me think of a genetic mental disorder that fits Blacks? That's the breed I'd love to use.

ninjas everywhere o.o xd.png

There are more than just the one type of depression, so you could choose a different "type" of depression to represent.

I think Black Dragon's represent more of a stronger, more awake feeling than depression- but There isn't much about a black dragon's description over than it's strength and magic use, though.

Atm, I can't think of anything off the top of my head. =P

But if I do, I'll voice it. happy.gif

I was choosing Black for symbolism. Their encyclopedia also mentions they love the night. The night is dark... more symbolism. After all, it can feel like you're trapped in a darkness sometimes. Their strength could also represent the strength of those who overcome their depression and rise up in life.

In my personal opinion it would be nice if we could breed dragons representing different mental ilnesses. It would both let us show our support and some kind of solidarity between our struggles and allow us to create lineages far more interesting than pure breeds.

That is true. Depression actually also led me to insomnia, which I also suffer from, so that is a thought. Since they are awake at night? But then..they love the night, so idk.

heres a link to a site containing info about different depressive disorders.

Linked Here

I did forget to kind of mention that this lineage won't just group all the "types" of one disorder into one breed. Because they can be very different.

For instance, there won't just be a dragon to represent just "eating disorders" there would be one for Anorexia, Bulimia, Binge-Eating disorder, and so on. Therefore, there would be ones for each type of depression, too.

In my personal opinion it would be nice if we could breed dragons representing different mental ilnesses. It would both let us show our support and some kind of solidarity between our struggles and allow us to create lineages far more interesting than pure breeds.

aaand ninjad again. geez. o.o xd.png

I think in time, I will allow this. Like I said. But some lineages may not be able to breed together.

I think eventually, I'll let interbreeding between the lineages be allowed, so long as they can always be traced back to the original CB Representative pair. And are kept with the same mate for life. And are not bred with dragons that have no part in the lineage.

Say..erm.. Canopy dragons, aren't a representative dragon in the lineage, there would be no breeding with them at all inside the lineage, unless they are a representative of an illness/disorder.

i'm tired and explaining things is hard xd.png

Edited by Trickseh

I'd love to do a Bipolar line with Dark Luminas and Light Luminas. Not sure if that'd be considered "pure" though. I just think it would be so perfect to use them in that way, lol. If it's okay, I'll make up the "I'd like to be a representative" for the line. Just let me know. smile.gif

I think this lineage project has great potential and can be relevant for most users. I don't know a single family that doesn't have someone with a mental disorder in it, and I think mankind as a whole is a curious species with a good number of people who would be interested in learning more about this stuff, if at least to better understand their loved ones (and self!). They may either be too ashamed to speak of it in public or just never think about it much. This has the potential to help build bridges.

I sometimes think I also have OCD because clarity and order is so important for me to concentrate. I do my best to roll with the punches but I would very much appreciate it if at some point the rules are more set and defined. Like, if we do choose to breed our dragons with each other then I agree that adding drakes, two-headeds, and pygmies would be a bad idea. I also have depression and anxiety so it would be nice to breed Storms with Candelabras or what-have-you.

I don't know. It's your project and I will support it no matter what you choose to do. smile.gif I haven't eaten all day and am running on an empty stomach, so I'll come back later.

I find it interesting that the hypothetical doctor in this article is automagically a "she" xd.png

I'll name my dragons for Dysthymia which leaves plenty of options for other dragon breeds and their associations.

I love this concept. I have many, many mental illness issues and would participate in all of the lines associated with them.

I'd love to do Bipolar Disorder and Anorexia Nervosa. I will post a form for each if my idea for Bipolar is okay. I'm not sure about the dragon for Anorexia though. Ideas, anyone?

I suffer from both, so that's why I'd like to do them. smile.gif

I love this concept. I have many, many mental illness issues and would participate in all of the lines associated with them.

I'd love to do Bipolar Disorder and Anorexia Nervosa. I will post a form for each if my idea for Bipolar is okay. I'm not sure about the dragon for Anorexia though. Ideas, anyone?

I love your idea for the use of luminas and dark luminas for bipolar! Hopefully it is approved. I'm not sure what would be good for Anorexia, but if someone wants to do Bulimia Nervosa I would think Harvest dragons would do well for that! Not that I have that disorder, but it counts as one.

EDIT:

Also, Nocturne would represent Insomnia excellently. That I do suffer from, and I believe it is more than just a symptom but a disorder all its own. I could represent that one if no one else does. Of course, I'd have to go and catch a CB pair first. biggrin.gif Egglocked atm!

Edited by purplenewt

I'm not sure about the dragon for Anorexia though. Ideas, anyone?

I was thinking about it, and... maybe Albino? Anorexia makes you as close to nonexistence as it is possible, makes your hair fall, nails break, makes you really prone to ilnesses, it's like there is nothing to protect you from the outside world. Not to say thay you don't look too pretty.

Or at least I feel like an Albino dragon most of the time smile.gif

Right. I slept. Hooray. I now am running on sleep after 2 days of not sleeping =D

I think That I will relax the rules about the lineages - YES, you can intermix dragon's, so long as they are always traceable back to their CB parents/grandparents/great grandparents...and so on, So long as they are 2G and below, and both are a part of the lineages. And they must stay with a single mate for always - otherwise it would be a lot more confusing. CB Representative's must be kept pure and are only bred with the other representative of their type.

And all these representatives sound great. I'm happy so many people are willing to join in already - PM me with applications to finalize being a rep, it gets a bit confusing reading through the thread xd.png

maybe i'm still kinda tired...i'm always tired and don't sleep. heh.

Also, my Fiance say's she wants to represent Trichotillomania , as she has suffered with that in the past through her adolescence (thankfully, she is a lot better with it now than she used to be) but she can't think of a dragon to use for that, any ideas?