AGYK

Reduce the cooldown on Freeze

As freshly confirmed by TJ here, Freeze has been reverted to its official cooldown of 2 weeks. I would like to propose returning it to 1 week, officially this time.

As freshly confirmed by TJ here, Freeze has been reverted to its official cooldown of 2 weeks. I would like to propose returning it to 1 week, officially this time.

Aw man if this bug did happen, I'm sorry I didn't take advantage of it by accident. I was taking a break from freezing before this week.

I would love it if freezing cooldown could be reduced to one week. With the new zombie sprites to turn and more and more dragons being released in the cave, plus the fact that the holiday season is coming up...

Well, with all that I could really use a shorter wait on freezes, that's for sure. (Re: the zombies, I like freezing sprites to get them. Sure, it's one more kill slot being used but if they revive I get another shot at them instead of them growing up. And if they die the slot will be taken up for 2 weeks anyway...)

...and now I realize this is a reversal of my position on the other thread, haha. Oh well... let's just say I can see both sides of the argument.

Edited by silver_chan

I think it's partially my fault the bug got discovered? I asked him in IRC how long the cooldown was, and he checked the code, seeing that the code itself said 1 week as opposed to the help page saying 2. It didn't get fixed for several more days though, so...

Anyway, I have a huge need for it to be a 1 week cooldown, I freeze a lot of dragons very often.

Also, I had 8 freezes before it got fixed, traded a gold for some messies, and now that it's fixed, I have 0 again, so these messies I traded for....... @god. They're still sitting on my scroll and I hope they don't die or grow up.

I think this option would be better than raising the limit, myself. Not that I freeze a whole lot.

I think this option would be better than raising the limit, myself. Not that I freeze a whole lot.

Agreed.

I'd quite like a reduced cooldown as I have a load of freezing left to do, and even more with each new release.

Aw man if this bug did happen, I'm sorry I didn't take advantage of it by accident. I was taking a break from freezing before this week.

I would love it if freezing cooldown could be reduced to one week. With the new zombie sprites to turn and more and more dragons being released in the cave, plus the fact that the holiday season is coming up...

Well, with all that I could really use a shorter wait on freezes, that's for sure. (Re: the zombies, I like freezing sprites to get them. Sure, it's one more kill slot being used but if they revive I get another shot at them instead of them growing up. And if they die the slot will be taken up for 2 weeks anyway...)

...and now I realize this is a reversal of my position on the other thread, haha. Oh well... let's just say I can see both sides of the argument.

If they revive you still do not get another chance at zombiefiing them. Revive works once period, per dragon. the option will not be there if they die again.

but, yes, support so much. I barely collect dragons anymore because I'm always at the freeze limit. Still ticks me off that I can raise more adults from an egg (not AP catches) than I can frozen hatchlings even though I like the baby sprites better.

This is terrible. I started long ago to establish my own wishlist and goals with adults and frozen hatchlings and am so far behind now. My wishlist can no longer be fullfilled while at teh same time I ahve fullfilled it for many breeds but not for all of them yet + the new releases.

I is very upsetting cause i would no thav emade the ambition this way if I would have known in advance. I freeze a lot and would like to suggest to RETURN it to only 1 WEEK cooldown!!!!!

I do a lot of freezing on terrible lineaged dragons. It helps clear out the AP that somethimes is stuffed with some overly common breeds.

It would be awesome if it would return to 1 week cooldown.

If they revive you still do not get another chance at zombiefiing them.  Revive works once period, per dragon.  the option will not be there if they die again. 

but, yes, support so much.  I barely collect dragons anymore because I'm always at the freeze limit.  Still ticks me off that I can raise more adults from an egg (not AP catches) than I can frozen hatchlings even though I like the baby sprites better.

Yeah, you're right. I think I meant to say 'if they dodge the knife' or something there? Idk. In any case, I meant I wanted to freeze them so i could kill them in my own time, not relying on the trick to kill hatchies by letting them die in a fog.

Edited by silver_chan