TJ09

2016-09-12 - New Forum Layout

Changed back to the red version. I had problems in reading after some time. The old is better for reading.

Edited by SilverQuetzal

Thanks for leaving the red option - it was harder distinguishing even fansites on the lists in that section on the new one. smile.gif

And I personally prefer the individuality and warmth of the red one to one looking like a clone of a million other sites I haven't bothered with as they're too hard reading.

I like how it matches the main DC area, changed my spring for it, will see how I do with reading since the font seems smaller^^

I hated the old red layout which is why I'd been using the blue one for so long. But I love the new update and will be using it from now on. It's sleek and sophisticated. I love it!

Thanks TJ!

My immediate first thought was "What happened?? Change it back." Because I thought my phone had glitched up.

But then, I actually looked at the new layout, and went "Oh this is nice."

I do miss the little scrolls that told you what kind of post was what. I would like those back.

Especially, the burnt scrolls. It made you feel like some drama happened, and the topic had to be shut down.

The symbols used now are a lot smaller and a lot less noticeable.

If you could make the bigger or change them back to the scrolls, that would be great.

i have a question about this new calender

is it something each user has or is it sitewide? and do you think you'll be adding events onto it? like lets say you release a couple new dragons tomorrow. would you be adding that into the calender?

i have a question about this new calender

is it something each user has or is it sitewide? and do you think you'll be adding events onto it? like lets say you release a couple new dragons tomorrow. would you be adding that into the calender?

It's not new, it has always been there. For example, DC's Birthday has been on it: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?act=c...ndar&m=5&y=2016

I like the new layout, except for one little thing... the white is too bright.

Other than that I love the new layout and will be using it!

I wish we'd finally upgrade to new Forum software, however. I use other Forums who use the new software and I like it better.

Thanks for this amazing update, TJ! happy.gif

I like the new look better than the old look which I found glaring and difficult to read, but I prefer the blue or winter layout and will continue to use that as long as it is available.

I don't know. It's too stark and really bothers my eyes, which is bad since I suffer migraines frequently. It just needs to be toned down somehow. I don't like the white.

Thanks TJ! When I first looked at this layout I thought you introduced a mobile skin for forum too, it looks similar to DC mobile skin (without the BG). I like the new theme, it's more "simple" and clean, but I think for the moment I'm going to stick to older till I can gradually shift to new one as I'm having trouble navigating at my usual speed in forum due to new layout and I got quite a headache trying to read topics on this one in mobile!

Thanks for your hard work!

Edited by Amaterasu-sama

I used to produce skins for the InvisionFree Community (about 10 years ago) so I know that it can take some effort to put it all together.

Great work TJ smile.gif

I'm attempting to stick with this new look because after the initial shock I think it is indeed growing on me. But one quibble...

Could there be a more clear and obvious way to tell which topics I haven't read/have been updated since I last looked at them? I miss the little scroll icons which made it abundantly clear if I had read something, commented, or if it had been replied to since I was last on the forum. I have figured out that the star indicates what threads I have replied to, but the very faint and slight color difference between read and unread topics makes it really hard for me to tell which have new comments, so on and so forth.

If there already is something, I can't see it.

Edited by silver_chan

I switched back to the blue skin. This new one is just too bright, and I *really* missed the 'new posts' eggs/scroll markers.

I'm attempting to stick with this new look because after the initial shock I think it is indeed growing on me. But one quibble...

Could there be a more clear and obvious way to tell which topics I haven't read/have been updated since I last looked at them? I miss the little scroll icons which made it abundantly clear if I had read something, commented, or if it had been replied to since I was last on the forum. I have figured out that the star indicates what threads I have replied to, but the very faint and slight color difference between read and unread topics makes it really hard for me to tell which have new comments, so on and so forth.

If there already is something, I can't see it.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who misses the scroll icons.

They were much more noticeable visual cues than the current icons are.

Nice! And the new button size is easier for mobile, too.

Icons will take a bit more getting used to, but everything else is fine and snazzy. Being able to a person without going into their profile and stuff will probably facilitate trading, too.

Also using white makes for better spoiler tags now, I bet.